Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 10:16 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,711,666 times

Advertisements

no and I had the perfect Honda with low miles, and the gas tank was bad! So told I was no car is
perfect? Do I now trust Honda, I am not so sure there either. I was a Honda fan true and blue as
a Toyota fan did believe. then a recall with the honda air bags only after Toyota and there problem!
Yes I had that fixed ASP therefore my perfect honda? However, I do still like this car, why it is paid for.
Would I buy Honda again yes? Why, as a Honda fan and people with the Toyota I hope it works out!

Last edited by maggiekate; 03-08-2010 at 10:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 12:09 AM

44,662 posts, read 61,729,772 times
It's all Bush's fault, and I haven't bought a Japanese car since they bombed Pearl Harbor.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:26 PM

499 posts, read 1,529,659 times
Ford Fusion=MADE IN MEXICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lincoln MKZ=MADE IN MEXICO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mercury Milan=MADE IN MEXICO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Toyota Camry=MADE IN USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Toyota Corolla=MADE IN USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Toyota Avalon=MADE IN USA!!!!!!!!!!!
Toyota Tundra=MADE IN USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Many Toyota chassis/transmission/driveline parts=MADE IN USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-13-2010, 01:37 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,295,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roncorey1 View Post

You discounted the FT Wayne Ford assembly plant building the Fusion/Milan and MKZ

Old 03-13-2010, 05:08 AM

890 posts, read 3,705,292 times
Anybody else seen the Internet ads that are starting proliferate the web? It's these "testimonials" from Toyota owners who say it's the safest, most reliable car they've ever owned. The funniest thing about it is the people they're talking to have only owned the car for a month, if that. Saying your month-old car is the best car you've ever had is on par with believing that your dream girl is the one you spy through all the smoke in the bar.

For those who need any more proof that Toyota is just not making the cars they used to need to look no further than my dad's office assistant. She has been working for my dad for 30 years now and has driven nothing but Toyotas. She is finally retiring her '93 Camry and was initially totally set on a 2010 Camry. But as soon as she had test driven it, she was turned off on it completely. She and her husband got a terrible vibe from it and did not like it at all so they wound up buying an Accord. When my dad asked her why, she said it didn't seem like a very good car. That right there speaks volumes if you ask me.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:37 PM

499 posts, read 1,529,659 times
Default Wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
You discounted the FT Wayne Ford assembly plant building the Fusion/Milan and MKZ
Read:

List of Ford factories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Fusion_(Americas)

UAW/CAW Made 2010 Cars and Trucks (http://www.uaw.org/uawmade/auto/2010/index.cfm - broken link)

Old 03-13-2010, 02:31 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,229,817 times
I've said it a million times, this Asian cars are the best thing since sliced bread nonsense started back when it was still quality over quantity for them. Back when they were the little guys in America they made some reliable cars because they could focus 100% on that. The big 3 were pumping out cars like no tomorrow so they could keep up with demand and the quality ended up suffering. Now everybody wants these Asian cars and Toyota and Honda are starting to pump out cars like crazy and guess what? Quality is suffering.

I suppose we can thank the Asian auto makers for making the Big 3 focus more on quality but here pretty soon your going to see a role reversal. Unreliable cheap Asian cars and reliable refined domestic cars.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:45 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,457,909 times
Quote:
Youre looking at only a few models. Look at how many Toyotas are built in Japan and elsewhere, vs the amount of American cars that are made here in the states. Car manufacturing is a global business, you need to realize that. Your beloved Toyotas are the perfect example. Do a little research and find out how many countries that Toyotas are built in. Same for Ford. Same for Honda. Same for GM. Its not exactly anything new.

And look further at the models you mentioned... The Camry, Corolla, Tundra, etc, are all facing BIG problems and are being recalled by the millions. Then look at the American models built here in the States.... virtually problem-free and built better with better materials. Look at all the comparisons in magazines from the last 2-3 years... the Japanese models are finishing behind the American competitors. Why? Worse materials, uninspiring designs, less performance, fading fit n' finish levels.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:10 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,595,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosecitywanderer View Post
Anybody else seen the Internet ads that are starting proliferate the web? It's these "testimonials" from Toyota owners who say it's the safest, most reliable car they've ever owned. The funniest thing about it is the people they're talking to have only owned the car for a month, if that. Saying your month-old car is the best car you've ever had is on par with believing that your dream girl is the one you spy through all the smoke in the bar.

Why not, there are people on here who have never even touched a certain car but claim that it is either the best or worst out there.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:25 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,295,387 times
Quote:
Read:

List of Ford factories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Fusion_(Americas)

UAW/CAW Made 2010 Cars and Trucks (http://www.uaw.org/uawmade/auto/2010/index.cfm - broken link)

incomplete listings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion