Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2010, 11:51 AM

415 posts, read 1,782,742 times

Advertisements

Eh, he didn't say that investigations should stop or were unnecessary in the first place. He predicted that once the investigations are concluded, it will prove to be a hoax. The opinion he stated in no way suggests that investigations were unnecessary, just that they will demonstrate that this was likely a fabrication.

I tend to agree: Toyota was getting too big for their britches and needed to be "put in their place" so to speak.

The question is: who were the economic hitmen truly responsible? We may never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Why even bother to investigate? frankgn87 has declared them all safe. Fascinating that he can do this from behind a computer screen somewhere, rather than getting out there and proving his claims.

Sorry. That's not going to work. They have to investigate this thoroughly and prove there is nothing wrong. Until then, quit wasting your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 01:35 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,923,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Why even bother to investigate? frankgn87 has declared them all safe. Fascinating that he can do this from behind a computer screen somewhere, rather than getting out there and proving his claims.

Sorry. That's not going to work. They have to investigate this thoroughly and prove there is nothing wrong. Until then, quit wasting your time.
mark my word.. I am right.... And it all pans out I will remind you of it

Old 03-15-2010, 05:18 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,937,213 times
CHIPs is now debating whether or not to give this loser a speeding ticket. I guess filing a false police report is much harder to prove.

And Toyota's tests prove that he was in fact riding the brakes. Computer shows brakes pressed over 250 times with low pressure applied to the brake pedal. This guy knows how to ride brakes and knows what he is doing.

No standing on the brakes as he claimed, he knew the car would shut-off.

Old 03-15-2010, 05:24 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,305,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
CHIPs is now debating whether or not to give this loser a speeding ticket. I guess filing a false police report is much harder to prove.

And Toyota's tests prove that he was in fact riding the brakes. Computer shows brakes pressed over 250 times with low pressure applied to the brake pedal. This guy knows how to ride brakes and knows what he is doing.

No standing on the brakes as he claimed, he knew the car would shut-off.
I will agree with you on this one incident. I think a lot of people are going to start claiming unintended acceleration if they are speeding. Either that, or this guy was just a publicity hound.

I do feel there is something wrong with the drive by wire system, but not on the underpowered Prius.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:50 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,410,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Yeah, the guy just imperilled his life by purposefully driving 91 mph, right? And the cops are in on the conspiracy too, right?

Guess what, people: the feds, Toyota folks, and a lot of electronics/auto experts are investigating this and probably crawling over every nanometer of that car. If it's a hoax, they could probably spot it pretty quickly and say so. Or do you also think that the out of work actor worked together with some top secret car mafiosos to figure out how to expertly sabotage his car?

Oh wai...don't tell me - the governmnent is in on the conspiracy, too!

Too many low IQ people on here...
Good call, Miss Cleo.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:15 AM

890 posts, read 3,708,876 times
I have been very condemning of Toyota through all this but I'm now pretty sure this guy was just looking for his 15 seconds of fame. Here's why:

• The pad material on the front brakes was indeed exhausted but the wear on the rotors was not consistent with high-speed attempted stops (no scoring, warping, etc.)
  • He was very quick to meet with the press after it happened but now he wants to be left alone? I think he is quickly regretting his decision to get famous quick...he got the wrong kind of famous.
  • He claims he is not going to sue Toyota. Why has he hired a lawyer then?
  • The 911 operator told him repeatedly to shift into neutral. He either ignored her or told her that he was afraid the car would flip over. WHAT? Sheez.
  • Due to the Hybrid drive on the Prius, it is impossible to floor the accelerator and the brakes at the same time as it would cause the engine to seize. The Prius has had a gas override since day one because of this. Also, Toyota and NHTSA could not replicate the issue in two hours of driving his car; the brake override worked perfectly every time.
  • Most importantly....the Prius has very little power to begin with. Am I seriously to believe that this car not only accelerated to 94 mph but its own brakes couldn't arrest the speed? Please.
  • He claimed the pedal moved on its own. Uh huh....riiiigghht.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:32 AM

1,688 posts, read 4,306,000 times
I could smell it a mile away;

There will be more coming out and doing the same thing.

It waters down any real investigation efforts. I think there will be many people attempt to pull this trick.

If you get away with it your up millions of dollars but then you need to answer your own kuliana.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:42 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,923,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Good call, Miss Cleo.

yea I guess her IQ was not high enough to realize what we knew..

Old 03-16-2010, 05:41 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,792,908 times
Well it was just on the news, this guy is full of crap. I knew it was a pile... His backround of repo's, insurance claims, $700K in debt, should have been enough. All tests and the computer in the car prove th guy is full of it. What a genius.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:52 AM

15,459 posts, read 25,900,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
mark my word.. I am right.... And it all pans out I will remind you of it
If you are proven right then I will gladly admit it. (I'm not referring to this guy though).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion