Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 04:34 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,585,751 times

Advertisements

Agreed frank, you can easily stand like he was and not even hit your brakes, try it. The CHP cannot prove anything and the true investigators already have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 04:54 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,939,929 times
In the end tho the CHP will give their opinon as they are allowed to i there reports. My guess is they are going to say they can't confirm anyhting really because they want to leave to any court that wants to. Then the burden shift to this guy because toyota is not goign to settle on this.Really it is to Toyotas advanatage because it shifts the conversation to who is faking.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:01 PM

15,436 posts, read 25,849,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
really? How so? They saw brake lights and the driver arch his back. Wow, there is some great info to prove the car was 'in run away' mode there..

Duh!! The CHP Officer was there, you weren't.

The CHP says they have no evidence to not believe him, yet you, behind some far away keyboard, KNOW he was faking. I can concede that something isn't right about his story, but no way are you more credible than they are.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:00 AM

2,171 posts, read 3,396,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Agreed frank, you can easily stand like he was and not even hit your brakes, try it. The CHP cannot prove anything and the true investigators already have.
The "true investigators" weren't witnesses to the incident. I don't know about anyone else, but personally I'd trust the officer who was actually on the scene and a witness. You, as a Toyota owner with inherent bias toward your brand, cannot prove he was lying.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:16 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,896,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Duh!! The CHP Officer was there, you weren't.

The CHP says they have no evidence to not believe him, yet you, behind some far away keyboard, KNOW he was faking. I can concede that something isn't right about his story, but no way are you more credible than they are.

you have a lot to learn, son. The 'evidence' means nothing in court cause it proves nothing.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:18 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,896,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post
The "true investigators" weren't witnesses to the incident. I don't know about anyone else, but personally I'd trust the officer who was actually on the scene and a witness. You, as a Toyota owner with inherent bias toward your brand, cannot prove he was lying.

I can't but you can bet Toyota will. In fact they already did... The ball is in his court. Actually I am not a Toyota owner, my wife is. I just know the truth when I see it. I own a Ford and a Suzuki

Old 03-20-2010, 09:17 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,280,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
You think they don't investigate these thins? Amazing!
I notice you didn't bother to answer my questions. How did the officer on the scene know the brakes were worn all the way down? Did he put it up on a jack, take the wheels off and inspect the brakes? Since you seem to have the answers, help me out here. And tell me why he was braking "intermittently" instead of standing on the brakes like any sane person in a supposedly runaway car doing 95MPH would do?

Reached down three times to pull up the pedal manually? Right -- like you can just reach down and pull on a pedal. But he was afraid to take his hand off the wheel and move it three inches to put the stalk in neutral? And he was afraid putting it in neutral was going to make the car flip? Come on. Let's face it, this guy's full of sh...

Old 03-21-2010, 04:26 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,293,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I notice you didn't bother to answer my questions. How did the officer on the scene know the brakes were worn all the way down? Did he put it up on a jack, take the wheels off and inspect the brakes? Since you seem to have the answers, help me out here. And tell me why he was braking "intermittently" instead of standing on the brakes like any sane person in a supposedly runaway car doing 95MPH would do?

Reached down three times to pull up the pedal manually? Right -- like you can just reach down and pull on a pedal. But he was afraid to take his hand off the wheel and move it three inches to put the stalk in neutral? And he was afraid putting it in neutral was going to make the car flip? Come on. Let's face it, this guy's full of sh...

More like the unable to think for theirself toyota owners that have crashed after a while of their cars taking off on them. Look, unless you are senseless, dumb, or nuts, if a car starts to accelerate, you know putting it in N. HELLOOOOOOOOOOO Is thousand of really stupid people polluting our roads? Must be. Proves safe driving is not taught but rather how to pass the quickie drivers test is. Toyota has along way to go to prove they are honest about the cars electronics which does not always show what happened.
BTW, I think he aand toyota are full of ----- on this car. I think it had a problem, but so does he with being completely honest.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post

Your question was answered. They did an investigation. Further, when testing the car, they had to replace the worn down brakes first.

I do not have the answers anymore than you do, which is why I hate seeing all of these posters rushing to determine what happened without all of the facts.

Did he say he reached down with his hands? How do you he didn't do it with his foot? I didn't pay attention to that detail before because I assumed he meant with his foot, which is what I would try to do.

Ii didn't say he wasn't full of it, or not. I merely stated that the cop has more credibility than those of us who weren't there.

Old 03-22-2010, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
you have a lot to learn, son. The 'evidence' means nothing in court cause it proves nothing.
No prosecutor, worth his salt, would take this to court without solid evidence. Regardless, this isn't court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Toyota, Lexus, and Scion