Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 10:19 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles in PGI View Post
This is our 4th year with that card. The statement still shows 7.24%.
I had my card for at least FIVE years before they raised my APR ... I no longer trust BOA after they did that to me ... When I called to complain, they even acknowledged the fact that I was a loyal customer who was never late on payments but refused to do anything about the rate increase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 10:41 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Don't get the CapOne card. Even if you get enough points to purchase a ticket, then they limit the cost of the ticket. So if the ticket cost more than their allowed rate, they won't reimburse your card for their limit. But if the ticket is less than their limit, they cover it and wipe out the points related to it as if you purchased a ticket at their limit. Its much easier to get gift cards instead and sell them through buying agencies and take the money and buy a ticket.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:07 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,051,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I had my card for at least FIVE years before they raised my APR ... I no longer trust BOA after they did that to me ... When I called to complain, they even acknowledged the fact that I was a loyal customer who was never late on payments but refused to do anything about the rate increase.
We'll start the 5th year in November, I hope/think the rate will stay the same, but if it's not, it will not make any difference to us, since we use cc for points and BoA has yet to make one dime of interest charge from us. We link our checking account with cc, so immediately after each use, we transfer money from checking to cover the purchase entirely, i.e., we treat cc the same as debit card, but with the advantage of points.

A friend just applied for the same card as ours, but his is 14.5% APR.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:28 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles in PGI View Post
We'll start the 5th year in November, I hope/think the rate will stay the same, but if it's not, it will not make any difference to us, since we use cc for points and BoA has yet to make one dime of interest charge from us. We link our checking account with cc, so immediately after each use, we transfer money from checking to cover the purchase entirely, i.e., we treat cc the same as debit card, but with the advantage of points.

A friend just applied for the same card as ours, but his is 14.5% APR.
That's good that you guys are disciplined about paying off the purchases immediately versus allowing interest to accrue. I'm trying to get better but until then, I have to be careful about interest rates. Personally, I felt insulted when they raised my rates as if I were some deadbeat customer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel