Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2011, 05:38 AM

1,775 posts, read 3,784,074 times

Advertisements

I am booked for Sandals St Lucia for my honeymoon but I am having serious doubts of going after reading all the reviews at Trip Advisor and seeing what they actually offer.

DH has been to Club Med Turks n Caicos and loved it. There are many more positive reviews of Club Med than Sandals on the internet. Many of the negative comments about Sandals have to do with the inconsistent service and quality of the rooms/beds/odor, plus the general age group of Sandals go-ers vs. other resorts..

I would get 100% refund from Sandals if I cancelled so money isnt an issue - we wouuld actually save a bit by going with Club Med over Sandals because the room we got at Sandals was pricey to begin with..

So my question is, could anyone here who has done BOTH Sandals AND Club Med comment on the differences between the 2 resorts? And 2, would it be silly for me to cancel Sandals just because of a few bad reviews? I am just afraid that Sandals will have a ton of 20 something obnoxious NY'ers who do nothing but drink all night since the majority of the reviews claim this seems to be the majority of their "atmosphere".

DH and I are much older (30s/40s) so we really have all that partying thing out of our system and value quiet beaches/pools and activities over anything else..

Thoughts?

PS Whatever decision I take, it will have to be quick as our honeymoon is this coming month...

Last edited by LegalDiva; 06-29-2011 at 05:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 02:39 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,395,056 times
I would recommend Turks and Caicos instead of St. Lucia. Change the reservation.

Old 07-04-2011, 05:19 AM

2,050 posts, read 5,942,369 times
We were older and went to St. Lucia for our honeymoon. We loved it~that being said, I would consider finding another resort on St. Lucia if you are hesitant about going to Sandals. We found it to have a few immature, young, clueless honeymooners, but we also found several couples celebrating their 25th anniversary and became friendly with them.
We didn't go to Sandals, at the time it was called Couples, and I believe it's called something else now.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:34 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,797,863 times
I havent been to both Club Med and Sandals, but have been to Sandals in S.L. I would not return - I would either opt for Club Med or the resort on the south side of the island near the Pitons - I heard that is a great resort from quite a few people.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:54 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,996,169 times
I went to Club Med Turks and Caicos in my 20s. It was great! For 20 somethings. There is a direct flight from NYC (or there was back then) and it was full of 20 something drunk NYers. This is an adults only resort so there is lots of partying and organized activity by the pool ALL DAY EVERY DAY. I had a BLAST there but I'm not sure I would choose it again as a 40something person.

Sandals resorts are certainly nicer than Club Med and you will have nicer ammenities and probably a more relaxing vacation there. I would never go back to St. Lucia because the beach vendors were completely obnoxious and wouldn't leave us alone for more than 30 seconds at a time. I am not exaggerating, they were horrible and quite a few of them were quite stoned. Maybe Sandals does a better job at keeping these people away from their guests.

Either way, go enjoy whatever destination you choose. Have a great honeymoon!

Old 07-13-2011, 11:25 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,784,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
I would recommend Turks and Caicos instead of St. Lucia. Change the reservation.
I wish I had. We did St Lucia and I wasn't impressed with sandals either. Clueless honeymooners from the midwest and awful food. I cried the first day we got there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel