Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 02:41 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times

Advertisements

Name your favorite domestic and international airline. If your domestic country is NOT the US, then state what it is and provide the name of the domestic airline. Feel free to give reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 04:14 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,684,013 times
I don't have any favorite US domestic or US based airline as most of them suck pretty bad.

I do have several favorite international or regional airlines.
My all time favorite is Etihad. Although limited in routes and service area, man can they kiss up the best!!!! If you want to expereince what first class travel should be, fly this airline. there is nothing second rate about any of the service you get and I mean nothing from the moment you step to the counter until you retreive your bags.

My next favorite which is also my most travel is Cathray Pacific. I find they know how to treat their frequent flyers. The aircraft, staff, food, services, ammenaties, everything is so well thought out that I can't complain about anything.

Singapore airlines, what can we say about singapore airline? Liek cathray, they know how to treat their paying passengers. (and god do they have the BEST looking FA's in the world!!!!!!!)

And last on my all time favorite is Qatar. Don;t know what they are doing but they ahve elevated themself into the righ ranking considering they were so-so just a few years ago. Now they seemed to have taken Etihad and Emirates lead of offering gold service to their passengers as a symbol of the regions wealth.

I will out of respect tot he US airline industry give a nod to Hawaiian, Alaska, and jetBlue as the least sucky of the sucky US airlines.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:20 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Favorite domestic: Southwest (always had a positive experience) and Alaskan Airlines (mainly their flexibility when I had to change a ticket I purchased for an earlier time).

International: I've only flown in the US and never used an international airline ...

Old 05-22-2012, 10:59 PM

327 posts, read 644,461 times
International Airline- A tie between Emirates and Turkish

Domestic-Virgin America

Old 05-23-2012, 01:23 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
I don't have any favorite US domestic or US based airline as most of them suck pretty bad....

My next favorite which is also my most travel is Cathray Pacific. I find they know how to treat their frequent flyers. The aircraft, staff, food, services, ammenaties, everything is so well thought out that I can't complain about anything.

Singapore airlines, what can we say about singapore airline? Liek cathray, they know how to treat their paying passengers. (and god do they have the BEST looking FA's in the world!!!!!!!)
I agree with you about the U.S. airlines. I also agree that Cathay Pacific is exceptional. (Note: there is no "r" in their name.) Cathay is my favorite airline by far.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:34 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,422,159 times
All domestic carriers suck in the US. The legacy carriers are terrible, Southwest is like flying on amateur hour (infrequent flyers who don't know basic plane etiquette). If I were forced to pick, I'd say Jet Blue.

As for international travel, most Asia-based airlines have it right. Singapore and Cathay Pacific as mentioned above are phenomenal compared to others.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:34 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,010,715 times
I like AA because of the great frequent flyer benefits and them having a big hub in Miami. I always enjoy flying Jet Blue too. Delta gets an honorable mention they are decent. Years ago my favorite would have been Chalks Ocean Airways

For international I would go with Qantas and from a more recent flights Czech Airlines. Had a nice 2 hour flight with Czech, good food and lots of leg room on both flights.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:17 AM

1,409 posts, read 2,740,580 times
Air Canada (guess where I'm from!)

Lufthansa (I haven't travelled on Cathay or Singapore but I've heard they are both wonderful)

Old 05-23-2012, 02:19 PM

605 posts, read 1,054,636 times
US domestic: Southwest. Two free checked bags, what's not to love?

International: British Airways. I am very, very biased, though.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:29 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinalimey View Post
US domestic: Southwest. Two free checked bags, what's not to love?

International: British Airways. I am very, very biased, though.
I forgot to mention mine. LOL.

Domestic: Delta - I have a long history with them, they used to bring me from Atlanta back West to visit family and they were very pleasant in the cabin

International: Air France - would have loved to pick Alitalia, but Air France is professional, more punctual and has great food
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel