Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 03:18 PM

5,251 posts, read 3,615,471 times

Advertisements

Most people plan their European vacations for May-August; I always go on the other months since the crush of tourist hordes is almost unbearable at popular destinations now (pre-covid).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2021, 02:49 PM

2,102 posts, read 1,006,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Most people prefer to go to Disneyland, but I prefer smaller theme parks like Knott's. The so-called "Disney magic" is mostly just clever marketing which people pay through the nose for.
Here in Florida most people prefer to go to Disney World, but I prefer to go to ANY State or National Park in Florida instead.

I live in Florida and have never taken my children to 'The House of Mouse' - left that for my ex. But I have taken them to almost every National Park in our beautiful nation, including Volcanoes on Hawaii and Denali in Alaska.

Old 04-06-2021, 07:36 PM

12,173 posts, read 8,046,859 times
Most people like to visit Manhattan. I prefer Brooklyn.

Old 04-06-2021, 08:45 PM

2,070 posts, read 2,386,794 times
May be some repeats here as I just skimmed the replies:

Most people would rather go to Grand Canyon South Rim, I would rather go to the North Rim.

Most people would rather go to Las Vegas, I would rather go to Reno.

Most people would rather go to Southern California beaches, I would rather go to the Oregon Coast.

Most people would rather go to Zion Canyon, I would rather go to Kolob Canyons.

Most people would rather go to Santa Fe, I would rather go to Taos.

Most people would rather go to Estes Park, I would rather go to Grand Lake.

Most people would rather go to Phoenix, I would rather go to Tucson (or better yet Flagstaff).

Most people would rather go to Arches, I would rather go to Canyonlands.

Most people would rather go to Mesa Verde, I would rather go to Chaco Canyon.

Old 07-15-2021, 08:34 AM

989 posts, read 1,019,669 times
Fun Topic. Here are a few of my own:

-I prefer Portugal over Spain.

-I prefer Athens over Rome.

-I prefer basically anywhere on the California coast over Los Angeles.

Old 07-15-2021, 12:22 PM

4,634 posts, read 3,016,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ2015 View Post
May be some repeats here as I just skimmed the replies:

Most people would rather go to Grand Canyon South Rim, I would rather go to the North Rim.

Most people would rather go to Las Vegas, I would rather go to Reno.

Most people would rather go to Southern California beaches, I would rather go to the Oregon Coast.

Most people would rather go to Zion Canyon, I would rather go to Kolob Canyons.

Most people would rather go to Santa Fe, I would rather go to Taos.

Most people would rather go to Estes Park, I would rather go to Grand Lake.

Most people would rather go to Phoenix, I would rather go to Tucson (or better yet Flagstaff).

Most people would rather go to Arches, I would rather go to Canyonlands.

Most people would rather go to Mesa Verde, I would rather go to Chaco Canyon.

Good choices there.

Old 07-16-2021, 02:22 AM

2,230 posts, read 1,719,180 times
Most people prefer national parks, I prefer Orlando.

It's more relaxing.

Old 07-22-2021, 11:07 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,762,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
X and Y might be cities, countries, regions, natural attractions, manmade attractions, theme parks - anyplace you can visit. MOST people seem to/want to (by poll) visit X over Y but you'd take Y. They have to be somewhat comparable, though, not like 'most people would rather visit the Grand Canyon over your local state park in Arkansas' but you prefer the latter, in order words two places that people often COMPARE.

For instance, I'll start with two examples:

Although this isn't statistical, and in fact the stats say OTHERWISE, it's more 'in vogue' where I'm from to want to visit SF than LA, but if I had to choose I'd pick LA. Of course I'd also LOVE to visit SF, but if I had to pick one.

Or, most people would rather visit Yellowstone instead of Glacier NP, but Glacier seems more interesting to me.
I don't understand why anybody would want to visit SF.

Old Today, 10:48 AM

3,470 posts, read 3,388,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodHombre View Post
Most people prefer national parks, I prefer Orlando.

It's more relaxing.
Oh, wow. I guess to me I prefer national parks, but to each their own? Though I'll look up alternate figures, to see what months _____ national park isn't as crowded. And as for Orlando, I'm still not sure anything there is worth stopping to see there(and not into amusement parks), but who knows?

I guess a new one I'll mention(to bring this thread back) is that while many prefer visiting Mackinaw City, MI, I prefer Saint Ignace. Mackinaw City is too touristy IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel