Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 08:49 PM

19,436 posts, read 27,827,273 times

Advertisements

Hell, I don't even put our home address on our personal business cards, let alone on our luggage! Cell and email addresses only!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 05:01 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,385,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
(plus, I rarely check my bags).
Least put your name and phone number on the inside. No one ever thinks they are going to leave an item behind. Or, someone else accidentally takes your bag because it looks the same.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:25 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
Least put your name and phone number on the inside. No one ever thinks they are going to leave an item behind. Or, someone else accidentally takes your bag because it looks the same.
Yup. And if you have luggage that has a unique ID number (Victorinox, Tumi) make sure your registration is kept up-to-date.

Old 01-16-2015, 06:54 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,926,321 times
If your PO Box is in a post office, use the address of the post office.

For example, if your box number is 123, and the post office is on 456, Post Office Road, Postofficeville.

Your address would be

Your Name
123-456 Post Office Road
Postofficeville

An easy trick to work around the PO box issue, since the post office doesn't really care.

Old 11-18-2019, 04:45 AM

1 posts, read 793 times
Far East Label Pte Ltd provides Printed Airline Luggage Tag helps in easy check-in-out processes at the airport. Before your trip, print your bag tag wherever you are. The details having the customer's name, flight number, destination on the outside of the luggage & duplicate copied details have lied on the inside. Check your baggage easier & quicker.

Old 11-18-2019, 08:58 AM

3,262 posts, read 4,999,956 times
Another vote for cell phone number and email address. I wouldn't put my name on the luggage tag.

Old 11-18-2019, 10:09 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,766,627 times
Has anyone ever actually been contacted by an airline from one of those tags? It has been years since the airline lost one of our bags and they returned it but it was not through the name tag but with the bar code. Even when I forgot something in the overhead bin many years ago, which was tagged, they never called me. I had to go to their lost and found and pick it out.

Old 11-18-2019, 10:26 AM

3,262 posts, read 4,999,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Has anyone ever actually been contacted by an airline from one of those tags? It has been years since the airline lost one of our bags and they returned it but it was not through the name tag but with the bar code. Even when I forgot something in the overhead bin many years ago, which was tagged, they never called me. I had to go to their lost and found and pick it out.
Not necessarily the airline but if another passenger picks up the wrong bag without realizing it, they can get in touch with you by calling your phone number or sending you an email message to the address shown on the tag.

Once I picked up my daughter from the airport and she inadvertently took the wrong bag from the carousel. (It looked exactly like her bag.) She didn't realize the mistake until we got home and she tried to open the locked bag. She called the bag's owner on the number shown on the luggage tag, apologized profusely, and we went back to the airport to get the bag to its rightful owner and pick up my daughter's bag.

Old 11-18-2019, 10:41 AM

61,691 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I put a cellphone number and an email address on my luggage tags these days.
This^^^^. And my cell phone has a phone number of a contact person just in case it get lost.

If you don't like to put your home address on the luggage tag, you could put an address of your destination INSIDE the luggage, on the top of your things and the period of time you will be there. That way if the luggage is lost or displaced, it will not go back home but will be sent to your hotel or other
travel destinationn. Make sure there is a phone/email they could use to contact you.

Old 11-18-2019, 11:24 AM

5,249 posts, read 3,607,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Hell, I don't even put our home address on our personal business cards, let alone on our luggage! Cell and email addresses only!
I have personal "business" cards like this too, they're cheap & handy, I just have name, phone#, email & insert them in the luggage tag & throw a couple inside the bag itself.

I typically add my immediate destination, usually a hotel at the arrival, & if using my preferred carrier I add my FF# too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel