Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 11:34 AM

3,051 posts, read 11,594,269 times

Advertisements

Southern Utah is another wonderful place to visit. Here are a few links to some of the sights to see there:

Map of Utah
Kodachrome Basin State Park, Utah
Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, Utah
National Park Guide
Monument Valley, Utah/Arizona
Arches National Park, near Moab, Utah
Utah National Parks Introduction, Southwest USA

A couple of good places to set up a base are Kanab and Moab, both of which have several nearby parks and monuments. Kanab is close to Bryce Canyon, Zion, Escalante-Grand Staircase, Cedar Breaks, and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Moab is close to Arches, Canyonlands, Monument Valley, Dead Horse Point, and Four Corners. Between these two towns are Capitol Reef and Lake Powell, as well as several other parks, forests, and monuments.

This is one of my favorite areas to visit, but is certainly not the only place to consider. Others have already mentioned several others, though, so I thought I'd add this area for your consideration. Las Vegas, Nevada is only a few hours from Kanab, Utah, so it might be a good place to start a trip through this area. If you travel from Las Vegas, you could also see the Virgin River Canyon in Arizona on your way to Utah. It is spectacular, in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel