Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 10:36 AM

15 posts, read 52,788 times

Advertisements

Only problem with October is to watch out for Georgia school fall breaks. I made that mistake last year and a usually calm weekend was packed. I used to work there and will definately agree Sept. -Nov. were good then Jan. - Mar. The week of Thanksgiving starts getting busy again and then spring break. The water parks are the best ever!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 04:36 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,104,158 times
Any advice for the best Disney resort hotel for families? Someone told me that they like the Wilderness Lodge - any other opinions?

Old 02-11-2008, 05:51 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Depends on your price range. I would recommend against the "cheap" ones (the Pop one, music, sports.. I forget their names) because they seem to be the loudest with YOUNG children. I really enjoyed Coronado Springs because it seems to be the one where they have the most conventions so there's more businesspeople and it's quieter. The theming is great though with hammocks, a cool pool and waterslide, and an interesting lobby.

The Boardwalk hotel is one of my favorites, but have never stayed there because it's so pricey. Lots to do on the boardwalk and close to all the parks!

Old 02-12-2008, 11:16 AM

2,050 posts, read 5,945,387 times
Used to be that the week following Thanksgiving was the least crowded time, and the best deals to be found. Easter was awful, crowded, kids (most crying) in strollers, uncontrolled teens at the hotel pool--never again. Summer is good, but Florida is too hot and humid, all we wanted to do was the inside stuff!

Old 02-16-2008, 02:49 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,248,774 times
Hey,
I would just recommend not going in May-September. Not only will you have a lot of summer breakers around, but it is sooo hot (even early October can be pushing it!). Anytime besides that that is not over a holiday/general school break is usually pretty good!

Old 02-18-2008, 07:05 PM

730 posts, read 2,254,808 times
Just so you know we visited WDW during one of the BUSIEST weeks of the year- Spring break- and it was still completely tolerable and we had a wonderful time. Their great customer service, kid friendly hotels, and FASTpass made it painless. I had always heard horror stories of the crowds and lines, but braved spring break there and have'nt regretted it for a second. No matter what time you go It will be great.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:42 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,765,499 times
I have been to Disney World in August month but...yes, it's beautiful but it's very warm!

Every moment is great to go to Disney World

Old 02-24-2008, 12:39 PM

286 posts, read 1,322,443 times
I lived in Florida for a couple years, so I got to go to WDW many times, in all seasons. I love October - usually not as hot as summer, but still warm enough to enjoy the water rides. One reminder - they have shorter park hours. I also love going right after Thanksgiving, the 1st 2 weeks of December. The park and all the hotels are decorated for Christmas (which is beautiful) and they do an evening Christmas event (extra). Not too crowded - yet.

If you do go in summer (and it's hot - brutally hot), I recommend going into the park as soon as it opens, stay until about noon, then head to the hotel for a swim and nap and then go back to the park at dinner time and stay until closing. I found noon was when all the babies starting to really cry (my own included) and we got a chance to cool off and relax and catch the fireworks.

If you can, I do recommend staying at a Disney hotel. You usually get at least one early opening per visit, and it is part of the WDW Experience. I've stayed at the Contemporary (pricey but oh so convenient). They also have a great character breakfast. I also liked the Port Orleans - Riverside, which is moderately priced and has a great pool and dining area. There is also a water taxi to Downtown Disney/Westside. The Boardwalk is a beautiful resort, with restaurants and activities on the boardwalk, but it was out of my budget. We used to go there instead of Downtown Disney or Pleasure Island for an evening out.

Sorry for the long post! I love going to WDW

Old 02-26-2008, 03:33 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,649,051 times
we have vacationed in disney world at different times. Early May was pretty good, not that many lines, but the temps were heating up! spring break was horrible. a short week and everyone on the same time line! would not recommend. but the weather was pleasant. a few other times we were forced to go in august..due to sports schedules. this was some of the most hot weather ever. long lines, crabby people. sept was a good time. never was there at christmas.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:15 PM

32 posts, read 169,857 times
Default Catholic Mass at Disney World

Hello,
I am aware that Catholic Mass is no longer available on any of the Walt Disney World properties. Can anybody out there please refer me to the Catholic church nearest to Walt Disney World?

Thank you for your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel