Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2016, 07:26 PM

111 posts, read 110,774 times

Advertisements

Hey!

Can someone please suggest upscale resorts in the Caribbean?

Boyfriend and I want to get away for 4 or 5 days and completely unplug from the world at a boutique style resort somewhere in the Caribbean

-Excellent food (we are foodies), / good wine list
-beautiful room,
-Impeccable staff,
-High quality Spa

We were looking at Ladera Resort in Saint Lucia but I dont like the fact that No TVs, A/C, or telephones in rooms (a pro for some not for me) another thing I dont like is that the room are open-to-the-element
( have missing fourth walls) might be too outdoorsy for us (I need a real room with windows and walls and dark shades to sleep until late lol)
and another con ...Is not located on near the beach

sorry for typos on my phone...

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 09:07 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
This may be more to your liking:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re..._St_Lucia.html

One thing you should know about St Lucia, is that the roads are awful. It takes forever to get anywhere from the airport.
The international airport is Hewanorra, which is at the opposite end of the island from The Body Holiday. There is another airport in Castries, but I'm not sure they handle international flights. What you might want to consider doing it hiring a helicopter to take you to your final destination. We did that after experiencing a couple of white knuckle rides in a cab.

Old 05-18-2016, 03:04 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,352,236 times
Grand Case Beach Club, St. Martin.

Grand Case is considered the gourmet capital of the Caribbean. It is on a beautiful beach, it is easy driving, and St. Martin is actually considered France.

If you want to do some shopping, there are some small shops, TiJon where you can make your own perfume, and Marigot and Phillipsburg are close. Driving is very easy and the beaches are beautiful, especially the Grand Case beach.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:44 AM

2,678 posts, read 2,099,919 times
Sandy Lane in St. James, Barbados.
Private beach, four walls with large sliding glass doors overlooking the ocean or gardens.
They have the phones, TV, an excellent spa, and impeccable staff that you wanted. Several restaurants, bars, afternoon tea, etc. Everything is on site including golfing if you're interested. I'm sure that if you wanted something they didn't have they would get it for you.
If the rooms aren't secluded enough for you they have private villa available with private staff, pool, etc.
I'm not affiliated, just a satisfied vacationer.

Old 05-19-2016, 02:10 PM

1,836 posts, read 1,597,424 times
Peter Island Resort on Peter Island in the BVI.
British Virgin Islands Vacations | Welcome | Peter Island Resort & Spa

Or

take a crewed charter and sail the BVI - the most unbelievable vacation.
Yacht Charter and Sailboat Rental Company - Sailing Vacations | Moorings
http://www.sunsail.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel