Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 09:59 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,549,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Really. That versed huh?
Well, I’m always willing to learn more. What can you tell us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 07:57 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,697,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBNCHI View Post
Are you renting at HHV or Hilton Grand Vacations at HHV? It might make a difference re the sales pitch. I've never had a sales pitch when dealing with HHV.
The sales pitches come when talking to Hilton Honors and have not relationship to your reservation whatsoever.

Old 07-09-2019, 09:12 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,520,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
The sales pitches come when talking to Hilton Honors and have not relationship to your reservation whatsoever.
Got it, thanks. I guess I've been lucky with no pitches.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:22 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
I always check in when I arrive. If my room is ready great, if not, I give them my luggage and get along with my day.

If it is a resort stay, I'll put my bathing suit in carry on luggage and change in a guest restroom and head out to the pool or beach.

We were in Bimini a couple of weeks ago and my room wasn't ready (the power outages) until 8PM but that was fine because we were on the boat all day.

Old 07-09-2019, 11:30 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
I always check in when I arrive. If my room is ready great, if not, I give them my luggage and get along with my day.
Is the OP actually wanting to get into their room early, or just choose a room through the app before arrival?

Old 07-09-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
I'm a bit concerned here as HILTON does not do "sales pitches". Unless you are misconstruing them willing to upgrade you or offer you the price match guarantee. Can you share here the gist of what sales pitch you encountered? Such as : Hey we noticed you are an honors member would you like to use your points for a stay? That is different then an inaccurate statement that they said: Hey as an honors member we are going to sign you up for a time share...is that okay?

Sure you can go to a third party site and get your lower price. I highly suggest that you get a bit more versed on what the HILTON HONORS program offers and your abidance to it. Hilton does not award points for third party reservations . You get your stay counted towards perks but no points will be issued.

Hotels world wide reserve the right (and fairly so) to NOT guarantee room types or to guarantee a specific Time to check in. They give leeway for guest . Can you imagine a guest saying..." Hey I said I wanted my room by 2;28 pm for check in! " and you didn't meet my demand! Never mind that the specific room number they wanted had a fire the night before because some guest decided to pass the bong and flames ensued! ( yes this actually happened). Until you have hands on experience with the dynamics needed to "flip a room" for that Guest who wants to check in early, I'd suggest you take the attitude of gracious guest. And know they are doing their best to accommodate and have things according to brand standard.

pardon my bias as I work this industry and have to have 100% empathy for the traveler. while behind the scenes. we are pulling rabbits out of hats to astound the sometimes unrealistic expectations set upon us.

Excuse me but when I have called Hilton Honors for information I have been asked to listen to their pitches 3 times now. So don't tell me that they don't do it!

Old 07-09-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Is the OP actually wanting to get into their room early, or just choose a room through the app before arrival?
Just trying to select the room early online is all. I understand in doing this that I can bypass the regular check in and that they have some sort of express check in for those that use the online Hilton Honors program.
Note that I have a specific type of room paid for in advance.

Old 07-09-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Use the App. I've never had an issue with ECI (maybe because MrsMand I are both Lifetime Diamonds) but it always depends on occupancy. A hotel cant force someone to leave early for you

As for time share pitch, JUST SAY NO! (Not a big deal)
Ah but they can force someone out when I have a prepaid reservation for a specific type of room. It's not like I am making a last minute reservation, it's been paid for well in advance.
Now I realize that all rooms that will be available of the type I have reserved may not show 24 hours in advance but I might be able to snag one and avoid the lines at the regular check in desk.

Old 07-09-2019, 01:21 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,549,540 times
Quote:
Ah but they can force someone out when I have a prepaid reservation for a specific type of room. It's not like I am making a last minute reservation, it's been paid for well in advance.
Now I realize that all rooms that will be available of the type I have reserved may not show 24 hours in advance but I might be able to snag one and avoid the lines at the regular check in desk.
Just FYI, there are no guarantees, even if you book a specific type of room. We've even been moved to a different hotel because renovations at the original hotel were running behind schedule. Thankfully, we were pretty well-compensated for the inconvenience.

Old 07-09-2019, 01:36 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Just trying to select the room early online is all. I understand in doing this that I can bypass the regular check in and that they have some sort of express check in for those that use the online Hilton Honors program.
Note that I have a specific type of room paid for in advance.
When you check in on the app, the available rooms that fit your reservation criteria will be the rooms that you choose from.

It becomes available at 6am the day before your reservation.

https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/...ction-faq.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel