Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 09:10 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,582,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Kepping in mind, that those are only the ones that got caught! And, reported! Can you imagine how much stuff these 500+ thieves stole before they got caught?
Let me guess, now you're going to tell us that most of the TSA thieves don't get caught, and when asked to provide proof of this you'll google up an article about passengers stealing from each other that doesn't once mention either TSA or that most are unreported.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2019, 04:49 AM

25,777 posts, read 12,840,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Let me guess, now you're going to tell us that most of the TSA thieves don't get caught, and when asked to provide proof of this you'll google up an article about passengers stealing from each other that doesn't once mention either TSA or that most are unreported.
I've already linked to more than enough articles proving TSA thefts are very real, and significant, so no need for any more. The Horse has been beaten dead.

There's a lot of theft at the US Postal Service too. Anywhere there's valuables, there will be theft.

Solution: don't bring any valuables with you to the airport, and thus, they can't be stolen from you.

Just because you've never had anything stolen from you at the airport, doesn't mean it doesn't happen, or that it will never happen to you. It just means you've been lucky...so far.

Old 12-18-2019, 03:58 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,582,293 times
Quote:
I've already linked to more than enough articles proving TSA thefts are very real, and significant, so no need for any more. The Horse has been beaten dead. There's a lot of theft at the US Postal Service too. Anywhere there's valuables, there will be theft.
Nobody denied there were TSA thefts, what was in question was your posting absolute numbers without context that misrepresent the scale of it and manufacturing information about how most TSA thefts go unreported. You're correct on USPS, but the odds of theft are so tiny that only someone with an irrational paranoia would cease sending/receiving anything by post due to fear of theft.

Quote:
Solution: don't bring any valuables with you to the airport, and thus, they can't be stolen from you.
Solution: take advice of people who travel a lot more than you and learn how to take care of your belongings when flying, instead of going through mental gymnastics to justify irrational behavior related to flying.

Quote:
Just because you've never had anything stolen from you at the airport, doesn't mean it doesn't happen, or that it will never happen to you. It just means you've been lucky...so far.
1. Nobody in this thread has said it doesn't happen, so tell me why you're again arguing against someone who believes that?

2. Lucky? From the numbers and the time frame you posted the odds turned out to be about 0.00075%, who in their right might calls someone lucky who didn't fall into that group?

Old 04-14-2020, 08:04 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 12 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,924,923 times
Used to be afraid of going into one of those engineering marvels myself. Then again, first 3 to 5 years of 2000's was actually equally dangerous compared to the early 1980's in terms of crashes and fatalities numbers. Supportive evidence of graphs to support this claim:
https://blogs-images.forbes.com/nial...ion_Safety.jpg

Later than 2010 is really quite bright optimistic in opening up of Middle East, Asia even further right with what is already there in Europe. 2017 is the first safest year ever on record. Maybe that is why I am starting to feel endlessly comfortable on those floating moving engines. I bet increasing experience is additional motive. Also, avoiding any issues in air. Not even any seconds of turbulence past 7 years in a row.

Even in a lot of earlier years, chances of a crash or situation is even lower than winning the lottery. Extreme occurrence in reverse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel