Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2021, 09:41 AM

4,222 posts, read 4,749,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
We never stopped traveling since this all started and are continuing with 4 trips planned for the next 8 months
Where all are you going?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2021, 09:56 AM

393 posts, read 277,035 times
Not today, but we're going on an Alaska cruise on the 27th.

Old 08-16-2021, 10:50 AM

1,694 posts, read 1,275,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaMay View Post
Less and less, day by day. Another record number of cases here in NSW, today we may travel even less. We can travel in our local government area but if outside it only up to 5ks unless we have an essential reason to travel. If we are in a red zone only 5ks.

Meanwhile Victoria, includes Melbourne, have extended their lockdown until Sept 2nd and looks like a night curfew coming in. Then the Northern Territory, including Darwin have just gone into lockdown because of a single Covid case. Canberra have extended their lockdown another fortnight.

Travel has become a distant dream.
Never did I think such a beautiful country, with some of the best people I've ever met, would be dealing with a tyrannical government 1.5 years into this pandemic. I feel sorry for you all. No government should have this much control over how you spend your day to day lives.

Old 08-16-2021, 01:06 PM

1,462 posts, read 974,601 times
Yes, we're still traveling. We just got back from a 10 day trip to Maui.

We have a couple of long weekend trips planned for next month and another trip later this year.

Old 08-16-2021, 01:19 PM

10,908 posts, read 7,402,055 times
We're going camping near Sedona, Az later this month.
Although we're vaxxed and traveled freely a couple of months ago, we're reducing our exposure and wearing masks again. Glad we have an RV!

Old 08-16-2021, 01:36 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,896,042 times
I drove from NC to NVA last week and back. I stopped at 2 different Wendy's in VA that had closed dining rooms.
All the restaurants in my hometown are open for business. If I had to do it again, I'd pack food instead of planning to eat out. (the drive thrus were open but VERY long lines)

Yet I encountered many people on my trip who weren't wearing masks. Maybe the dining rooms were closed because they couldn't get enough staff, and not because of COVID Caution? IDK.

Last edited by Stagemomma; 08-16-2021 at 01:44 PM..

Old 08-16-2021, 02:06 PM

3,105 posts, read 2,008,537 times
I'm not, but I'm in FL where many of the Delta cases are emanating, so feel it's best to stay put 'til things calm down. Even locally, due to lockdown & Covid, I know no one here... & I don't see the reason I should venture out to sit at a cafe by myself, while we're still having so many daily cases. Instead, I eat lunch on my patio with the lizards. I still mask up when inside stores. Most do where I am.

In a couple of months, I have to relocate, so will be on the road & it doesn't make me nervous... I'll just take my usual precautions in hotels, rest stops, restaurants, etc. I was on the road during the beginning of Covid for months & was very careful, but fine.

I may stop in to visit my mum for a few days, if I head in her direction... she's already had Covid earlier this year & we've both been vaccinated, but due to her age, I'd probably have a test prior to visiting, just in case.

I wouldn't want to fly now unless absolutely necessary, since that regurgitated air on planes isn't an optimal environment. But, if I had to, I'd just wear a mask walking through the terminal & on the plane & take it off to drink/eat.

I'm beginning a new job on Mon & have to be in an office, with strangers coming in & out all day. That makes me more nervous, since I won't always be able to keep my distance. I don't know their policies for masking up, but I have no problem wearing one, if necessary.

Old 08-16-2021, 04:36 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
Where all are you going?
Kauai in September, Vegas in January, Cancun in March and NYC in May.

That's all we have for now. They'll be another trip probably Aug/Sept but haven't decided where yet

Old 08-16-2021, 05:05 PM

65 posts, read 38,324 times
Road trips but not air trips, for now. Hopefully, by next year we'll feel more comfortable flying.

Old 08-16-2021, 05:35 PM

4,480 posts, read 3,857,652 times
After I got vaxxed in April I started traveling everywhere in the US (by plane); never got covid. Now with this delta surge and vaxxed people getting covid, not so sure for the fall. Even though I have many trips booked through December. Seems like 70% of people I know are canceling fall trips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel