Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2021, 12:01 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,722 posts, read 58,067,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
After I got vaxxed in April I started traveling everywhere in the US (by plane); never got covid. Now with this delta surge and vaxxed people getting covid, not so sure for the fall. U though I have many trips booked through December.....
The flight is probably not likely to get exposure. (If masking rule continues)

If FAA drops mask rule we're hosed, as airlines will not force the issue (and staff, revenue, passengers will be dropping like flies)

I currently have 28 flts booked through Dec. Time / health will tell. Hope we get quick PCR tests at the gate soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2021, 01:40 AM

27,567 posts, read 28,673,621 times
I am in India and had to do the PCR test where they stick it up your nostril. That part is not fun.

I had a lot of tasty food during my stay here. So, I’d say it was worth it.

Old 08-17-2021, 01:43 AM

3,602 posts, read 2,308,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
Never did I think such a beautiful country, with some of the best people I've ever met, would be dealing with a tyrannical government 1.5 years into this pandemic. I feel sorry for you all. No government should have this much control over how you spend your day to day lives.
You realise that the American response was the exception rather than the norm in western countries? Do you recall the funeral of Queen Elizabeth’s husband which was restricted to an attendance of thirty people due to the Covid regulations? In Italy in some regions children did not leave the house for months last year due to regulations.

The large majority of people here support the government response at least until we have all had the opportunity to be vaccinated, which will hopefully be by the end of November. They are thankful that we have had less than a thousand deaths from Covid and we actually went six months this year without a death.

New Zealand have just gone into a snap lockdown today because of a single case.

Old 08-17-2021, 02:57 AM

2,070 posts, read 2,384,008 times
I travel again in 2 weeks, a 3 week road trip to Montana and Glacier National Park that is mostly outdoors activities. I had hoped by now to dine in restaurants, go shopping as much as I want, wear a less restrictive mask or not wear a mask at all, and consider air travel to visit a large city. Instead I will be taking my normal precautions of road trips out west, eating take out, wearing my N95 masks inside, and maybe limiting the amount of time that I spend in stores and museums. Not much different than my travel in 2020 but it's a big relief not to worry about ending up on a ventilator or dying from COVID. Now just do not want to become so ill that I spend a lot of time sick in a hotel room and can't enjoy my trip. I am also as much concerned about the wildfires in Montana and nearby states and all the smoke and haze as about COVID.

Still interested in air travel to visit relatives later this year but they have a child with asthma, too young to be vaccinated. I am nervous that I might catch COVID in the airport/plane and infect him.

Last edited by ABQ2015; 08-17-2021 at 04:19 AM..

Old 08-17-2021, 04:57 AM

6,589 posts, read 4,975,313 times
I am taking a driving trip to a rural area. 99% of my activities will be outdoors and I am packed for car camping if I can't find a place to stay I feel comfortable with. I was going to go right after Labor Day (figuring even less people on vacation with kids), but am worried we will have another interstate travel ban by then.

I packed extra masks and even gloves for gas stations. I had some N100 masks in my Amazon cart but don't think they will get here in time.

Old 08-17-2021, 05:09 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,406,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Are you traveling for leisure or business right now amid the Delta surge?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ed/8100193002/
No as due to personal reasons (not connected with COVID19), I am unable to travel at this time.

Old 08-17-2021, 05:41 AM

271 posts, read 306,045 times
We are in Ecuador on holiday -everyone wears masks. Both fully vaccinated. In July we were in Las Vegas and few people wearing masks.

Old 08-17-2021, 05:44 AM

17,310 posts, read 22,056,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb1067 View Post
Not today, but we're going on an Alaska cruise on the 27th.
yeah I'd pass on cruises for awhile............those things are a floating petri dish in good times!

Old 08-17-2021, 06:05 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,520,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaMay View Post
You realise that the American response was the exception rather than the norm in western countries? Do you recall the funeral of Queen Elizabeth’s husband which was restricted to an attendance of thirty people due to the Covid regulations? In Italy in some regions children did not leave the house for months last year due to regulations.

The large majority of people here support the government response at least until we have all had the opportunity to be vaccinated, which will hopefully be by the end of November. They are thankful that we have had less than a thousand deaths from Covid and we actually went six months this year without a death.

New Zealand have just gone into a snap lockdown today because of a single case.
I wish our leaders (US) would have clamped down in the beginning, things would be so much different.

For NZ's response to this, as well as other issues, I love Jacinda!

Old 08-17-2021, 07:01 AM

1,452 posts, read 1,081,687 times
Yep, just came back from a weekend at amusement parks in the Richmond VA area. We also spent weekends in Charlotte and Cleveland last month. Flying out to Colorado for Labor Day weekend to visit my best friend. Weekend after that, we're going to Greensboro for the NC Folk Fest. We'll probably do some more weekend trips or day-trips in October/November. Also, we're spending Thanksgiving week in FL; we'd prefer to fly that distance, but rental car prices need to calm down lol. If not, we will drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel