Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2024, 02:23 PM

2,332 posts, read 1,545,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
The only thing we've booked for is Aug trip to Singapore, but I think we may return to New England for early summer.

I'm still looking at side trips to take from Singapore to nearby places - looking at Malaysia or Thailand.
Have a look at Sabah in Malaysian Borneo. Wonderful place.

We have just decided to go to India in November.. husband talked me into it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2024, 04:52 AM

4,225 posts, read 3,774,515 times
I try to avoid travel at all costs, but once every few years I suck it up and agree on going somewhere. Going to Iceland in a few weeks and already wishing it to be over. Growing up we never traveled and I think thats why I have no desire to do it as an adult. I saw more places than I ever imagined when I was in the military, but that was more enough for me. Now I am the miserable husband that doesnt like to do anything, lol.

Old 02-13-2024, 05:58 AM

9,544 posts, read 16,555,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
I try to avoid travel at all costs, but once every few years I suck it up and agree on going somewhere. Going to Iceland in a few weeks and already wishing it to be over. Growing up we never traveled and I think thats why I have no desire to do it as an adult. I saw more places than I ever imagined when I was in the military, but that was more enough for me. Now I am the miserable husband that doesnt like to do anything, lol.

Are the current volcano eruptions in Iceland going to interfere with your trip?

Old 02-13-2024, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Are the current volcano eruptions in Iceland going to interfere with your trip?
No, they wont. We had to change around a couple of things because of it, but they wont take away from anything.

Old 02-13-2024, 07:57 AM

9,544 posts, read 16,555,379 times
Quote:
No, they wont. We had to change around a couple of things because of it, but they wont take away from anything.
I'm happy to hear that. Have Fun

Old 02-13-2024, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I'm happy to hear that. Have Fun
Thank you

Old 02-13-2024, 02:53 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,741,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaAnna View Post
Have a look at Sabah in Malaysian Borneo. Wonderful place.

We have just decided to go to India in November.. husband talked me into it!
Thank you, I've been looking at youtube videos for Malaysia - trying to find a place with not so much pollution so we don't end up sick. KL is out, but maybe Penang.

Re: India, just prepare yourselves mentally and bring a good mask. I've been to Kolkata, Delhi, Goa, and Mumbai. Great food (Indian is one of my favorite cuisines) but boy, the pollution will get you. My husband got sick twice despite precautions. If I had to choose 1 place to visit in India, I'd go with Goa - relatively cleaner compared to the other cities we've visited. Their food has a lot of Portuguese influence and very different than your typical Indian food and very rarely will you find Goan food outside of Goa. The beach is nothing to write home about (since we're from FL), but the people are welcoming and friendly.

Old 02-13-2024, 04:49 PM

16,130 posts, read 10,805,118 times
I'm thinking about a beach vacation. I haven't spent much time on a beach in almost ten years. I was in Barcelona recently and enjoyed the little time I spent on their beach. I was in Santa Monica about six years ago for a day. That's about it.

Old 02-13-2024, 04:58 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,970,957 times
Quote:
I like this post. Its always best to find a place you love to live than love to travel to escape where you live.

For me it would be somewhere year round warm. If I never have to exp winter again it would be a gift from god. Winter is pure evil.

Old 02-13-2024, 10:43 PM

2,368 posts, read 1,756,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo7tango View Post
My wife and I were in Moab UT in October after seeing the annular eclipse in Monument Valley. Unfortunately my Jeep died in Moab and it’s been there at the mechanics since then. So, soon we’ll be driving back there (from San Francisco) to retrieve my gear from the Jeep. The routing to Moab will include Monument Valley, so we’ll be stopping there too. It’s one of our favorite places. I’ve never been there in winter, though. It should be interesting. And nice!

North Rim, Toroweap Overlook, Monument Valley, Moab, Canyonlands. Here are some pictures: https://imgur.com/gallery/ZpM1u6b

Beautiful country. And soon we’re going back!
We just got back. The trip was a brief week, but still great. We love Monument Valley, and staying at The View Hotel is a real treat.

Pictures here: https://imgur.com/gallery/0KvHPhx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel