Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2024, 06:40 PM

561 posts, read 407,802 times

Advertisements

Wow! Lots of cool trips going on! Pretty impressive and sounds like tons of fun!

My travel this year will be a lot more low key than what I see posted (visiting family is this year's theme).

I have four mini three day flying trips to visit relatives who are in Assisted Living and can't travel now (but some can do little day outings) - Tampa in Feb (see a favorite cousin)., Idaho Falls, ID in June and December (visit my wonderful 87 year old dad), and Battle Creek, MI over Labor Day (visit another lovely cousin).

Most of my vacation budget, though, will be spent flying relatives to St. Louis and putting them up here in May (party time in St. Louis -- my son is getting married). I'll be taking a full week off for that. I have relatives coming in from CT, PA, NJ, FL, and ID. It's the first time ever, I'll have everyone here who can still travel at the same time. It will be so fun.

I did too want to do one little trip this year that's just me and DH but short and small budget, and we decided to visit Charleston, South Carolina in April about a month before the wedding. We're just doing a three night / two day trip.

That's it for this year for me.

************************************************** ***********************************************

My next bigger trip will be a week at Glacier National Park, Montana including a one night stay at the adjoining park in Canada in July of 2025 with tea at the Prince Edward Hotel. It will be me, DH, my son and his spouse. My son and I already have this all planned out. To get the lodges we want we'll both need to be on our laptops at midnight mountain time July 1, 2024 and we already marked that in our calendars.

I lol like trip planning, so tend to have vacations and mini trips planned out a year in advance, sometime even more in advance than that. My son loves to do trip planning too, so he is my partner in crime who helps me plan what to do with my frivolous fun vacation budget.

Last edited by Kathy884; 02-05-2024 at 06:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2024, 09:34 AM

22,422 posts, read 29,577,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
My oldest daughter just told us she will be doing a semester abroad in Florence, so I guess I am adding a trip to Florence to the list.
You go to Punta Mita yet?

Old 02-06-2024, 10:10 AM

18,503 posts, read 15,324,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
You go to Punta Mita yet?
Not yet. We leave a week from Saturday.

Old 02-06-2024, 01:44 PM

22,422 posts, read 29,577,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Not yet. We leave a week from Saturday.
It's so beautiful

Old 02-10-2024, 11:02 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,195,342 times
We booked a campsite in Lassen Volcanic National Park in August for five days. One of those days we'll leave the park and drive around looking at waterfalls.

I'd like to get down to Garden of the Gods in Colorado over spring break if the weather is nice and the area is dry.

That's all I have so far. There will definitely be some camping closer to home in the mountains of Wyoming this summer.

Old 02-11-2024, 01:09 PM

152 posts, read 63,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Chickens View Post
We booked a campsite in Lassen Volcanic National Park in August for five days. One of those days we'll leave the park and drive around looking at waterfalls.

I'd like to get down to Garden of the Gods in Colorado over spring break if the weather is nice and the area is dry.

That's all I have so far. There will definitely be some camping closer to home in the mountains of Wyoming this summer.
Lassen Volcanic National Park is such an underrated NP. There's a variety of things to see, lots of nice hikes as well. Two of the hikes I recommend are to Kings Creek Falls, which is a waterfall inside the park, and the Cinder Cone trail.

Old 02-11-2024, 03:43 PM

6 posts, read 3,329 times
I'm planning on doing Puerto Escondido cause I've heard so many good things, then moving down south more through central america and potentially down to south america yet again later this year (Around July).

Old 02-12-2024, 08:13 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,806 posts, read 58,350,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melpomene View Post
Lassen Volcanic National Park is such an underrated NP. ....
Be prepared.... It's totally different after the recent huge fires. Many trails and sites are closed. Check into that when planning.

Old 02-12-2024, 10:11 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,746,714 times
The only thing we've booked for is Aug trip to Singapore, but I think we may return to New England for early summer.

I'm still looking at side trips to take from Singapore to nearby places - looking at Malaysia or Thailand.

Old 02-12-2024, 10:14 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,746,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo7tango View Post
My wife and I were in Moab UT in October after seeing the annular eclipse in Monument Valley. Unfortunately my Jeep died in Moab and it’s been there at the mechanics since then. So, soon we’ll be driving back there (from San Francisco) to retrieve my gear from the Jeep. The routing to Moab will include Monument Valley, so we’ll be stopping there too. It’s one of our favorite places. I’ve never been there in winter, though. It should be interesting. And nice!

North Rim, Toroweap Overlook, Monument Valley, Moab, Canyonlands. Here are some pictures: https://imgur.com/gallery/ZpM1u6b

Beautiful country. And soon we’re going back!
Agreed. That part of the country is one of the most beautiful places on earth with dramatic sceneries where-ever you turn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel