Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 12:04 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,864,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I haven't seen or read of any outbreaks in Cabo
Cabo is no where the size or population density of Mexico City and you're right it's already here and who knows how many those infected with it have infected others in their travels
Hubbie is not worried
I don't know if I would be too worried either. If you were going to Cancun, AC, PV or Mexico City I'd be a little more concerned on those destinations. Especially Mexico City and Cancun. The high school in NY that was infected had just come back from a spring break trip to Cancun. A lot of areas of Mexico have the open air meat markets where they slaughter the entire animal right there in public and no sanitizing around. You don't see that in Cabo.

Your probably a lot closer to the swine flu outbreaks in NY right now than you will be in Cabo.

I'd call your doctor now and ask about getting some tamiflu to take with you just in case. They might do it for you knowing the situation going on right now. If not, if you start to get ill while your in Mexico there are pharmacies that might have it in stock and you won't need to see a doctor. I'd still rather have it from the doctor here as a precaution and carried on your person from day 1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 12:14 PM

13,402 posts, read 28,719,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I don't know if I would be too worried either. If you were going to Cancun, AC, PV or Mexico City I'd be a little more concerned on those destinations. Especially Mexico City and Cancun. The high school in NY that was infected had just come back from a spring break trip to Cancun. A lot of areas of Mexico have the open air meat markets where they slaughter the entire animal right there in public and no sanitizing around. You don't see that in Cabo.

Your probably a lot closer to the swine flu outbreaks in NY right now than you will be in Cabo.

I'd call your doctor now and ask about getting some tamiflu to take with you just in case. They might do it for you knowing the situation going on right now. If not, if you start to get ill while your in Mexico there are pharmacies that might have it in stock and you won't need to see a doctor. I'd still rather have it from the doctor here as a precaution and carried on your person from day 1.
Good idea

Old 05-02-2009, 02:50 AM

2,141 posts, read 7,865,111 times
I go to Puerto Vallarta once year and will go again in 2010. If I were going now, I'd get a prescription for Tamiflu and go.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:22 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,718,704 times
Wow, ignorance. Still not one case verified in Quintana Roo. And um, Cancun is 1,000 miles away from Mexico City. Did anyone stop to think that the kids in NY caught the bug in the AIRPORT???? Or their plane?!? Also interesting, Mexico just made a statement that their cases have waned.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:23 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,864,372 times
^^^ And only 19 confirmed deaths in Mexico due to the swine flu. All of this reaction for that. I mean, sad that people and young children have suffered and died from this illness. Yet we don't see this panic and freak out happen during the flu season when 100's a day die from it just in the United States.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:05 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,718,704 times
Mom: Here here. I think the word "pandemic" put people in a frenzy. That and alarmist Fox news. Boy are they annoying.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:11 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,859,427 times
I've travelled to Los Cabos/Cabo San Lucas, Mexico in 2002 and other than the somewhat pushy sales people at the airport trying to sell you timeshare properties, we enjoyed our trip, but again this was in 2002. Things might be different now. I also know that travelling to Rocky Point, on the northern end of the Sea of Cortez was enjoyable in the past, it's probably a little more dangerous now with Mexico's current crisis with the drug cartels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel