Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 02:26 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,322,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Before they implement new rules, they need to get their act together on the ones they already have. I accidently went through security at a major international airport two weeks ago with a bottle of water in my bag--they never noticed it.
A few months ago, one of my friends had her whole beauty case in her carry-on bag: she hadn't travelled for a while and had forgotten about the rules. The guy at the airport told her, but let her take it anyway. Meaning there are some security agents who do not do what they should! Had my friend been a terrorist with dangerous stuff in her perfume bottles, she could have blown the plane!
FYI, she was travelling from a small Georgia city to Atlanta, where she had a connecting flight to France.
Once you are in Atlanta from another US airport, you don't go through any further screening... I guess it's the case in other airports too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 02:27 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhome;12180538==
My comment: Air travel just got even more annoying
It was annoying and ridiculous until now. What you posted here is out-effin'-rageous!

I better stop here and refrain from further comments...

Old 12-28-2009, 06:37 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,683,956 times
Right outta a bad movie comes "body scanners".........

150 more 'naked scanners' on the way | DVICE

The LAST TIME I flew was in 1970. Now I can't/won't fly (double metal knee implants) and can't sit for no darn hour.

Gosh! Just look at all the money I'll save.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:39 PM

544 posts, read 1,527,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
They are all-American looking kids, yet they were pulled from the security lines for additional searches.
They need to do this once in a while to show that they did not discriminate any Arab-looking (or whatever else) passengers. It's the same in NY subways: they want to show that they are indeed checking the bags "randomly".

Old 12-28-2009, 10:03 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Two of my teens have flown domestically this year, and both times (last time was Christmas Eve) they were patted down while going through security.
Tell them to remove the headphones from their pockets and place them in carry-on.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:27 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Once you are in Atlanta from another US airport, you don't go through any further screening... I guess it's the case in other airports too.
Actually you do. It depends on your destination. I connected through Atlanta to go out of the country a little over a year ago. When I got to my gate, there was a security checkpoint setup before the gate entrance. My carry-on was scanned and also hand checked. I was rescanned. And as you walked into the door for the walkway to the plane, three sniffer dogs were waiting. As to the flight #1,#3,#4 (I think it was 30 minutes before landing, but all shades were ordered closed an hour before landing) were in place back then. #2 won't hold due to rule for medications and medical equipment.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:54 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,683,956 times
I have to wonder how long it will be before Homeland Security requires a permit from them to even buy a ticket to fly after they screen you.

Will Gov't issued jumpsuits with no undergarments be the next thing passengers have to endure?

Old 12-29-2009, 09:15 PM

544 posts, read 1,527,295 times
Or perhaps during the entire flight all passengers will be surrounded by soldiers/police with guns pointing at them and every now and then shouting "Don't move!"

As long as nol camera is installed in the bathroom... (who knows, maybe they already have it there)

Old 12-29-2009, 09:26 PM

36 posts, read 183,935 times
As I have said before...IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS AND SECURITY, DON'T FLY!!! They are all in place for your protection. Really don't wanna hear anybody complain about having to stay in your seat the LAST HOUR of the flight...wah. You were warned (or at least should have been clued in before you even boarded the plane). I do understand that there will be special circumstances (like medical conditions). However, for the majority of the flying public, they just need to suck it up and deal with it. The interstate highways are calling your name if you can't deal with security. Another thing...for those of you who arrive at the airport 30 minutes before your flight, and then get all peeved when you miss your flight because security takes "longer than expected" and then disrespect the TSA agents and what not...you're better off driving. We (the American people, TSA agents, airline counter workers, other people you verbally abuse because you're peeved at your own stupidity) would rather you not take up space in our airports or planes. The TSA agents are only doing their job TO ENSURE THAT AMERICA STAYS SAFE!!!

Ok that's all. This was meant only to those who it applies to: those who complain about security at airports.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:30 PM

36 posts, read 183,935 times
And another thing...those of you saying that extreme measures are being taken by the govt. and the TSA, you're right. They are. But it's only beause they are necessary. I (and ANYONE with any common sense and a brain) would really appreciate it if everyone would STOP complaining about these measures. they are in place for your safety, I've said it before, I will say it again. Anyone arrogant and uneducated enough to complain about security and extra security measures should NOT FLY. period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel