Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 07:29 PM

2,124 posts, read 1,795,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Long distance? In the USA?

What route does Spirit fly that is long distance?
BWI to LAX or MIA to Lima Peru are both just under 6 hours, Which is pretty long distance for a domestic flight and way too long to be sitting in cramped seats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 02:20 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,726 posts, read 58,079,686 times
Then use your mileage for a free legacy first class ticket for those long runs.

Spirit is really budget, for the budget traveler. All airlines have to find their market niches. I am glad we have a choice.
Exercise it at will.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:57 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,140,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Long distance? In the USA?

What route does Spirit fly that is long distance?

USA is pretty short distance flying compared to my 24 yr commute to Asia.
Thus while in USA, I much prefer SWA. They turn planes 2x as fast.

Get in,
Sit down
GO!

Free bags...
Unlike legacy carriers where everyone is looking for THEIR seat, and carrying max (and beyond) carry ons.

Spirit irks me when everyone is jammed in rear of plane, and from wings forward it is empty.

"Load balance" they claim... since I am an engineer...

Again.... Expect nothing, you will not be disappointed.

Keep extra life insurance, your heirs will love it!
Flying from Atlanta to Vegas or any 4hr flight in a 28" pitch seat with the padding of a city bus that is semi pre-reclined is like flying 8hrs in a regular 30" pitch seat

Old 06-11-2016, 05:18 PM

1,492 posts, read 1,618,535 times
In the last week I have taken 4 Spirit Airline flights, as part of a vacation trip to Jamaica.

Spirit is definitely a low cost, budget airline. If you can travel with just a small carry one (16x14x12), you can get a pretty inexpensive trip. However, we had to pay $70 each to check a bag round trip. Also, there is no free stuff on board. Even water costs extra.

In any case, the airline seems to run as well or even a little better than other airlines. They are reasonably efficient, but do suffer many of the same problems with delays as other airlines.

Service on the flights is highly variable. Some flights were ok, one had some of the best and most fun flight attendants I have seen while the last was absolutely horrid (rude, unhelpful and lazy).

I did like the seats better than some seats on other airlines.

Personally, I will probably not fly Spirit a lot in the future, unless it is a short, quick trip without luggage.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:20 PM

13,075 posts, read 7,515,583 times
Bring a shopper whoppee whoppee ( I am in Hawaii today so everything that needs emphasis, gets doubled) cushion for fun, to encourage you seat mates to move, and for extra padding .

Old 06-15-2016, 09:22 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,666,425 times
Spirit is terrible, you get what you pay for. The seats are extremely cramped and no space to move, my knees touched seat in front of me and I'm only 5' 8". No free beverages, $4 for a can of soda and the plane felt so stuffy as if their was a lack of air. Will never fly with them again. I got an email my flight was cancelled, another one saying it was on time, another one saying cancelled after I checked my bags. When I was waiting in line for security I got a call saying I had to rebook my cancelled flight, I said my bag was checked and was never told the flight was cancelled. The person rechecked the status and said my flight was reinstated, crazy airline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel