Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2006, 09:34 AM
ABK ABK started this thread

19 posts, read 48,070 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody from Richland and tri-cities!

We are moving there pretty soon and are looking for a home. I will be so thankful for pointing us in the direction of some good neighborhoods we should look for a house at. Also it is important for us to know what are the best schools in Richland (elem/middle/high). Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2006, 03:24 PM

1 posts, read 4,129 times
Default Richland ~ Tri cities area

Hi there,

Looks like no one has replied to your request of info on the tri cities area.
Check out the site below. Lots of info for you.

//www.city-data.com/forum/washi...ri-cities.html

For the most part it does not sound like Richland is that great of a place to move to. We were also considering it until we came across the above forum.
Sounds like the weather, schools, crime, drugs and more it is not that great of a place to live especially for families. Oh, yeah and not to mention the Nuclear power plant that had a leak into area water systems!
Good Luck to you.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:21 PM

4 posts, read 21,792 times
"leak into area water system"? Dont think so. Check into south kennewick - Richland rolls its streets up about 7pm.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:13 AM

2,138 posts, read 6,318,345 times
The Tri-Cities are a nice place to raise a family. They're not a big city with all of the attractions of a major city, but they are conveniently located within 3 hours of Portland and Seattle and within 2 hours of the Cascades and Spokane.

The northside of Richland is a good area of town to check out. I have quite a few friends that graduated from Hanford High School, which I think may be the best in the area. It's not too large and the academics are pretty competitive. It's basically the school to where a lot of the Hanford engineers send their kids.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:17 PM

2 posts, read 6,194 times
I grew up in Richland, and always felt fortunate to have lived there. It was a fairly small city, but with progressive ideas and improvements. The school system is one of the best in the country and kids graduated from there knowing how to get along in the world. I lived in the north end and attended Jefferson Grade School, then Chief Joseph Junior Hi, and finally Columbia High School; all great schools. I wish you luck in your move.

Old 04-19-2007, 06:54 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,473,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchaller View Post
Hi there,

Looks like no one has replied to your request of info on the tri cities area.
Check out the site below. Lots of info for you.

//www.city-data.com/forum/washi...ri-cities.html

For the most part it does not sound like Richland is that great of a place to move to. We were also considering it until we came across the above forum.
Sounds like the weather, schools, crime, drugs and more it is not that great of a place to live especially for families. Oh, yeah and not to mention the Nuclear power plant that had a leak into area water systems!
Good Luck to you.
Wow with posts like this nobody will move to the tri-cities. Whats not to love family fishing pond. Kids playground at the park. lots of recreational possiblities.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:02 AM

70 posts, read 287,673 times
Hi, we moved to Kennewick in January. It is so far a nice place. Everyone is friendly, the weather is fairly mild, it has been winter. The sun is shining alot now. The middle school and high school have been very good about helping my kids get settled after changing schools mid year. My 16 year old daught has had a little rough time, but she is 16 and teenagers are fairly self absorbed. She is coming around. I would not be afraid to move here at all. Good Luck

Old 08-13-2007, 05:08 AM

1 posts, read 3,941 times
Default moving from south africa 2 richland

Hi all
I was very interested to find this site. My family and i are moving early in oct to Richland. My husband has work as a pharmacist. My kids are a girl of almost 17, a boy of 14 and a little girl of 6. There seems to be a range of views on the city. From recent school reports Richland high looked good to us. We need a reasonable place to stay while looking for apartment to rent and getting s s number. Thanks

Old 08-19-2007, 03:35 AM

2 posts, read 8,165 times
We are having a new home built in W Richland,should be ready by Nov 1st. We moved to Mexico 5 years ago to the Lake Chapala/Ajijic area south of Guadalajara. Nice US type Home prices are up now averaging 380 US $ fr 150 3 yrs ago. The Lake which is 60 mi long and 10 miles across and was drying up now has recovered its proper levels and the tourists fr Guadalajara a city of 7 Million are overwhelming us on weekends and Holidays. Gringo's in the area fr NOB (North of the Border) number about 30,000 full time w another 200 Thousand snow birds in Nov/April. Traffic and prices on everything have skyrocketed in the past 2 years. Mexican officials at the border are reacting the the current US immigration situation and shaking down for $. They sure don't want a fence. Everything is getting more complicated. We pay annually for a visa (FM3) to live here which ranges from 150 US $ plus (for processing etc and takes 3 days to get it, ie pick up application, have prepared, translations, verification of income, translation of banks records, certification and payment to bank drop off paper work and then pick up visia-all this takes a min of 3 weeks of going and coming and standing in a line of 50-75 other people.We went up to Texas for knee replacement for patty Jan Feb 2007 and-stayed in motel for 2 mos w 2 dogs until the Dr released wife for travel. Then at the border crossing in Reynossa, the immigration said our Visa had expired by 6 days(even tho there is a 90 day grace period) so they held us up for 6 hours in stiffiling heat,while they decided how to shake us down. They finded us each 100 $ US and we had to purchase a 6 mo visa for $55 US each. I had purchased a small trailer carring US food to bring back fr Texas but the car was registered in my wife's name and I registered the trailer in my name during her hospital stay. Immigration said I couldn't take the trailer unless I had a marriage certificate (been married 30 years) they wouldn't accept the US Passports and drivers licenses with same last name and address as proof of marriage. They horsed around another 3 hours until I paid the guy off at vehicle registration so we could go. The whole rouse was just a shakedown for US $. Back home we were't even here, just the gardner and maid watching the house and feeding the birds, the electric bill was 750 US dollars for 2 mos. The climate is great here, 75 year round. No need for air conditioning or heat. But we had to pay it or they would turn off the electricity. In our subdivision there has been 48 registered burgleries in the pas 16 months. They sneak in thru the doggie doors w little kids, cut the wires to the security systems, windows etc. We've had 5 maids(cleaning ladies in 5 years) every one of them stole something fr kitchen supplies, all the christmas ornaments, reading glasses, money out of purse,tools, all the oranges and lemons off the tree and they all wanted an advance on pay for a sick kid or whatever. Poor people,they really are just getting by on 10 bucks a day average, jobs are hard to come by. The kids, 15 year old, won't go to school, sleep all day and lounge and burgular around all night and use meth because the MJ goes N and the police enforce it pretty heavily. Yhe local police are friendly and helpful but watch out going to Guadalajara to Costco and Wall Mart. The motorcycle cops watch for good cars w US plates and shake u down. They say they can't stop all the cars, so they stop every 7th car for something, paper work etc speeding (while in line w other cars)and they want original paper work (not copies) (don't carry originals in car because they will disappear or the car will (many do get stolen here. All this happens to Mexican peole too, not just Gringos. The cops just want some lunch money, they get paid very little. They will take 6 pesos (60 cents) if that is all u haveeven-Mexican or Gringo. My wife speaks Spanish for all the good it does, not a communications problem. Most of the poor do not have driver's licenses or insurance so you are on your own but the car insurance people pay off efficiently. We love the Mexican people, they are most often gracious, eager to help and most often friendly. I've seen very little anti-American sentiment here. Anyway, we've had enough, time to do something different, like smooth roads, higher quality food something American and not so crooked. We were thinking of going back to Gig Harbor Wa where all the kids are buy we go outpriced in the past 5 years, housing is all 400 K plus. Saw Richland and really liked what we saw, so here we goooo. There, got that all off my chest. Feel good now-I think. Bruce leaving Mexico for good. back the the USA-the best country in the world where things work better than here. It's truly beautiful here at a mile high,but then beauty is only skin deep. Ther Dr's are very good here but not cheap and medications are quite a bit higher and the pharmacists are high shool girls. Pharmacies are owned by Dr's who usre don't work there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities