Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2015, 05:07 PM

17,214 posts, read 57,058,915 times

Advertisements

Had lunch today at Wing Walker at the Richland Airport. Had fish & chips, quite good. With a cup of excellent potato soup and a glass of ice tea, $15 total. Usually there are some interesting general aviation planes to look at out the windows as well. Couple of weeks ago a guy had a WWII era trainer, I forget the model number, but a bigger single-engine with a radial engine and 2-blade prop, he seems to fly in pretty often. Got a chance to visit with him after our meal.

Despite the unexplained enthusiasm the local hoi-polli have for chains, there are several very good to excellent indy restaurants around here. Quite a few of them are not only good, but reasonably priced. It ain't San Fran, but it ain't bad either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 11:41 AM

I ran into one gal who waited tables at Maggie's Place in Prosser, she said that Mel, the owner/chef had been going through health issues for nearly a year now, but that he was about ready to open back up either during May or June 2015. I wish them luck!

Old 05-04-2015, 07:59 PM

215 posts, read 877,792 times
I would echo all comments on Masala. I'm from Seattle, grew up with Indian friends, have been to India, and have considered Indian food my favorite cuisine for most of my life. Masala is among the best I have ever had. There is a reason it is in the top of Kennewicks Trip Advisor restaurant reviews.

For an area that is sorely lacking in many different cuisines, TC is very fortunate to have a place like Masala. It's just pathetic that you can walk in and get a seat any Friday evening with no wait, yet crap like Olive Garden still commands an hour wait every weekend. That's TC for you.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:11 PM

I will also add that I find Sushiya (Kennewick) to be a great option for sushi. Certainly the best in TC, and actually pretty good by comparison to some of the better places in Seattle. I was also very impressed the last time we visited (April, Friday night) that it was packed with about a 15 minute wait! There may be some hope for TC foodies after all!

Old 05-08-2015, 05:53 PM

If you want to consider Benton City part of the area, I found out today that Shadow Mountain Grill has closed. Probably someone will buy it and re-open it, the building and equipment is not good for much besides a restaurant. Still open there and I need to try sometime - TNT Burger Shack, and Tumbleweed Cafe.

I'll also note that Venezia, the Greek/Italian lunch place across G-Way from Battelle, is now open for dinner most days. They have about the same lunch as before, have not tried the dinner offerings. They now have a more or less full bar, as well.

Old 05-09-2015, 08:50 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,097,773 times
Another non chain restaurant I've tried yesterday for the first time was Hacienda Del Sol on Road 68 (at the same parking lot as Wal-Mart ) and their food was delicious and reasonably priced and it's now ranked amont my Top 5 favorite Mexican restaurants in the Tri-Cities area.

Old 05-10-2015, 02:21 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,456,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
Another non chain restaurant I've tried yesterday for the first time was Hacienda Del Sol on Road 68 (at the same parking lot as Wal-Mart ) and their food was delicious and reasonably priced and it's now ranked amont my Top 5 favorite Mexican restaurants in the Tri-Cities area.
Have loved HdS since Sergio was running Cinco de Mayo on Clearwater with his brother Fidencio. I do not know how they came to part ways, but that's why CdM moved to where Casa Chapala used to be near the freeway, and it stayed with Fidencio while Sergio started HdS. Nothing against CdM, but when I'm in town, I nearly always want to make a trip out to Road 68.

Having lived in Boise and now Beaverton, I still marvel how great the Mexican food is in the TC. The best Mexican restaurant in Boise (by consensus, El Gallo Giro in Kuna) wouldn't be the fifth best in Pasco alone. What I've seen over here so far is all right, but seriously, Mexican in the Tri-Cities is consistently the most standout ethnic restaurant grouping (putting aside that it's also the most numerous). Just like you'd go to Seattle for great Hunan food, or Portland for great thin artisan pizza, you'd go where the Columbia bends around for Mexican.

If you like heavy duty nachos, get the super nachos at HdS with chorizo. Hardcore.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:00 PM

I must say that Taverna Tagaris consistently does not disappoint. The atmosphere is great, especially if you can sit on the patio when weather is nice and live music is present.

It's one of the few places in TC where the service is actually up to a professional standard.

Wine and drink selection is - as one would expect - fabulous.

Their menu is great and I particularly enjoy the Tapas menu, as well as the flatbreads.

They made the list in Zagat as one of the country's "Top 8 Wineries with Fabulous Food"...so that should be worth something.

Old 06-10-2015, 05:00 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,870,959 times
On the lower end of things, I was surprised how good the burgers are at Burger Ranch off Kennewick Ave. near downtown Kennewick. I liked them when I lived here in the early 90's, and they still are tasty. I think they were once a chain, but not certain today.

Related: Went to McDonalds for lunch today out of necessity, and their "Artisan Grilled Chicken" looked appetizing on the menu. Key word, "looked".

Old 06-10-2015, 06:17 PM

Burger Ranch is a small chain, they have one in Prosser, one in Sunnyside, that I know of offhand. Been a while since I ate there, but, yeah, considerably better than Micky D's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities