Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 10:04 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,835,891 times

Advertisements

Blaming the victim is complete BS, I'm sorry. Was I "stupid" for walking home on an unseasonably mild December night in 2002 rather than catch a cab, only to be robbed at gunpoint? NO. I wasn't naive either. Matter of fact, I've followed the same route countless times and at all hours before and since the holdup happened. This is a free country, and anybody should be able to go wherever they want - whenever they want - and be left alone. Anybody who thinks that I'll compromise my life patterns because of some "thuggz" has got another think coming. The occasional brush with crime is part of life in the city, anyplace for that matter. If my determination to exist on MY terms causes an unhappy early end to my time on earth, no one had better chalk it up to my "stupidity."
There can be unkind twists of fate in the lives of any one of us. Restated: whomever blames the victim can kiss my hindquarters as well as the victim's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 09:13 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
I agree, sorry to hear this happened. My daughter was robbed at gun point, it was a long drawn out ordeal in a convenience store while she was his hostage at gun point, like something out of a movie and didn't sleep for about 6months, finally put a security system in the house they never caught him.

Realize these were all women targeted by a sociopath, something women do have to think about more so than men. As unfair as it may be, precautions become a part of life, of course there are situations that theres no way you could possibly see coming and been prepared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Blaming the victim is complete BS, I'm sorry. Was I "stupid" for walking home on an unseasonably mild December night in 2002 rather than catch a cab, only to be robbed at gunpoint? NO. I wasn't naive either. Matter of fact, I've followed the same route countless times and at all hours before and since the holdup happened. This is a free country, and anybody should be able to go wherever they want - whenever they want - and be left alone. Anybody who thinks that I'll compromise my life patterns because of some "thuggz" has got another think coming. The occasional brush with crime is part of life in the city, anyplace for that matter. If my determination to exist on MY terms causes an unhappy early end to my time on earth, no one had better chalk it up to my "stupidity."
There can be unkind twists of fate in the lives of any one of us. Restated: whomever blames the victim can kiss my hindquarters as well as the victim's.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:15 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,893,204 times
I agree, you can not blame the victim. Let's also not forget that many times in crimes against women the victim has been drugged by the perpetrator. I can assure you that this can happen to anyone, not just the young and naive. It happened to me in my 30's. Lucky for me my friends showed up minutes later.

Edit: Sorry gold*dust1 I didn't realize you already posted about this. I had to look up what "roofies" were. I was not familiar with that term.

Last edited by neecewh; 06-25-2010 at 07:30 AM..

Old 06-25-2010, 09:48 AM

507 posts, read 2,297,602 times
I agree also about not blaming the victim, but, the world isn't like it use to be in the 50's where you never locked your doors or windows, get into a car with someone that you might have met at a bar or club, let the kids play anywhere in the neighborhood and after dark, or even opening your door to a stranger. One simply must take precautions and be alittle skeptical about your surroundings this day in age. Sometimes you may be putting yourself in harm's way, just by not thinking it out beforehand and using good judgement in your everyday routines.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:19 AM

143 posts, read 262,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
can't ask a question such as that and expect a simple yes or no or agree/disagree.
Of course I read the question. Answered it.
Again stupid things are done but stupidity is not a reason to kill someone.
Sorry if you didn't understand my op but you didn't have to answer the original post with an attitude,nobody else did.If you didn't understand the point I was trying to make or my op,then you should have just asked what did I meant,"and your point is?" sounded rude.

Last edited by ASweetGirl4U2Know; 06-30-2010 at 12:41 AM..

Old 06-30-2010, 11:41 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
do your coworkers make monthly donations to the Taliban or the Saudi government? Y'know, those people who think women who get raped were "asking for it"?

Old 06-30-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
do your coworkers make monthly donations to the Taliban or the Saudi government? Y'know, those people who think women who get raped were "asking for it"?
Don't Know.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASweetGirl4U2Know View Post
Sorry if you didn't understand my op but you didn't have to answer the original post with an attitude,nobody else did.If you didn't understand the point I was trying to make or my op,then you should have just asked what did I meant,"and your point is?" sounded rude.
can't ask a question such as that and expect a simple yes or no or agree/disagree.

Oh,Pippy Siddles in case you haven't noticed I ASKED a question and not make a statement.You don't ask somone what their point is when they are asking you a question. You know what I take my apology back .Where do you get off coming here with that attitude ? I can and will ask questions however the way that I want,you don't like it that's is your problem then don't answer it's that simple. And however I can asked the question asking for a simple yes or no .And where did I once say that I agree with my co-worker I don't agree with my co-worker,and there is nothing wrong with asking if anyone does agree with it.

Last edited by ASweetGirl4U2Know; 07-18-2010 at 02:35 AM..

Old 07-18-2010, 05:14 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
Okay gotta get in on this one . Natalie should have had better supervision I mean after all she was in a foreign country , but I blame the chaperones on this one . lacy peterson was married to scott and she trusted him and that was where she made her mistake but then again you are married to this person and you trust them and maybe just maybe selina put her trust in this woman and she should not have . Im sorry I dont blame any of these women for their deaths , I blame van der sloot for natalie , I blame wanda for selinas death and I blame scott for lacey . To blame the victim is low .

Old 07-18-2010, 12:35 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASweetGirl4U2Know View Post

Oh,Pippy Siddles in case you haven't noticed I ASKED a question and not make a statement.You don't ask somone what their point is when they are asking you a question. You know what I take my apology back .Where do you get off coming here with that attitude ? I can and will ask questions however the way that I want,you don't like it that's is your problem then don't answer it's that simple. And however I can asked the question asking for a simple yes or no .And where did I once say that I agree with my co-worker I don't agree with my co-worker,and there is nothing wrong with asking if anyone does agree with it.
Perhaps you should learn how to react on forums such as this. As for attitude-you need to practice what you're preaching. The original post from you regarding the question was over a month ago. You're still riled up over that????
People agree or disagree but that's life. And just in case you haven't read the rules here let me advise that sending direct messages cursing people out and calling them names is not a good idea. The Senior Moderators have been notified.

Last edited by PippySkiddles; 07-18-2010 at 02:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime