Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 09:59 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I agree ith both phone lady and pippy - Terri is involved.

Note to all posters who rudely demand responses to questions we do not answer - guess what?
We don't have to answer you or anyone! Thats the way it goes folks!
Check out my "outing" thread - I have a poster who is almost stalking me and demanding that I respond to her questions - and this one is not the suspect but the daughter in law of Gertrude Banszewski who murdered Sylvia likens!
Go figure...
A nation of obsessive/compulsives.

There's a case that is as yet unsolved in GA. A woman was walking in a rural area, safe--she walked there many times. Talking on her cell phone to her bf at the time--cleared of any possible involvement after being someone who might have constructed a bizarre plan--a minister--living in Atlanta.
He heard her scream--Don't take me--then nothing. Few leads. Heartbroken family.

What Evil Lurks in the Heart of Man--The Shadow-radio show from the 30's I believe. 'The Shadow Knows'--no TV--no internet--and rarely were people taken from communities by sickly, twisted scum.

So--we have progressed--more communication--more of everything including developing our baser instincts to the fullest?

Time to get a grip. Mouths can be washed with soap--not certain 'medication' can do much for minds. That is something one must do for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 10:28 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
A nation of obsessive/compulsives.

There's a case that is as yet unsolved in GA. A woman was walking in a rural area, safe--she walked there many times. Talking on her cell phone to her bf at the time--cleared of any possible involvement after being someone who might have constructed a bizarre plan--a minister--living in Atlanta.
He heard her scream--Don't take me--then nothing. Few leads. Heartbroken family.

What Evil Lurks in the Heart of Man--The Shadow-radio show from the 30's I believe. 'The Shadow Knows'--no TV--no internet--and rarely were people taken from communities by sickly, twisted scum.

So--we have progressed--more communication--more of everything including developing our baser instincts to the fullest?

Time to get a grip. Mouths can be washed with soap--not certain 'medication' can do much for minds. That is something one must do for themselves.
I don't mean to be rude or seem dumb but could you explain what you just posted? I'm confused

Old 07-15-2010, 10:28 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:

Note to all posters who rudely demand responses to questions we do not answer - guess what?
We don't have to answer you or anyone! Thats the way it goes folks
!
Check out my "outing" thread - I have a poster who is almost stalking me and demanding that I respond to her questions - and this one is not the suspect but the daughter in law of Gertrude Banszewski who murdered Sylvia likens!
Go figure...
Very true....that said when people are going to state something as fact it's always nice to back it up with a link....jmo

In any case people have different opinions on this case and I think we can agree to disagree...

As for Terri doesn't seem like LE has anything solid on her, the so called hit on her husband may just be some loony guy looking for his day in the limelight....

Now my gut instinct which wouldn't hold up in a court of law....she knows what happened and where he is

Now the Gertrude case I've never heard of....have to google

Last edited by njkate; 07-15-2010 at 10:41 AM..

Old 07-15-2010, 10:30 AM

Quote:

We don't have to answer you or anyone! Thats the way it goes folks!
Go figure...
yea, no kidding. I didn't commit the crime so I have no reason to offer up any answers.
TERRI HORMAN did though and she should be at the police station being interrogated every day until she tells the truth.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:33 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
That sounds horrible - and somehow with all the information out there, this one passed under my radar.
We ARE a 'Nation of obsessive compulsives' - demanding ones.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Very true....that said when people are going to state something as fact it's always nice to back it up with a link....jmo

In any case people have different opinions on this case and I think we can agree to disagree...

As for Terri doesn't seem like LE has anything solid on her, the so called hit on her husband may just be some loony guy looking for his day in the limelight....

Now my gut instinct which wouldn't hold up in a court of law....she knows what happened and where he is

Now the Gertrude case I've never heard of....have to google
I disagree. If I have read or watched coverage of this or any case and come here to discuss it I don't feel it's my responsibility to provide a link. If someone wants to verify what anyone posts they can google it or pass up responding if they don't find it acceptable conversation.
The only FACT I have when entering this forum is the fact that I've watched the news and heard what was being reported or I've read what newspapers or the like print.
Other than that and with this case the Fact remains that a little boy is gone missing and his step-mother is acting like she could not care less, failed 2 polygraphs and "allegedly" is having an affair and "allegedly" tried to hire a hit man to kill her husband. And DID go to the daycare of the gym where her estranged husband was working out to try to abduct her child.

Mother Theresa she isn't and that's my opinion.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:49 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I don't mean to be rude or seem dumb but could you explain what you just posted? I'm confused
The post to which I responded included a statement about 'being stalked', other than that --many, including myself--are 'Hooked on Feelings' lol-hooked on things that don't matter--a word said by someone on the internet, a news story--insert anything you please. We want to know whatever it is we want to know. 'The Heart wants what it wants'

So in my attempt to communicate--while this story has some interesting components--there are thousands more. In previous posts some have opined that there are now 'more' of such incidents.

So I said what I said. Don't mind me--years of teaching school will addle your brain. 'Education'--- an obsessive/compulsive field when it comes to how to improve the quality of life--provide some semblance of 'support' for the challenges of today and improve the future.
'Chalk' --difficult to shake off the dust.
That is my story. Each and every day--assessing needs, designing and implementing plans for instruction--pausing for moments of 'atypical' interaction--wondering how to communicate to parents--and why children like Kyron Horman don't receive some appropriate support.

Fine--ppd/stepmother--dad did what he could or didn't --bio mom did the same and Kyron Horman is dead. No doubt in my mind.

We all seem to be quite sickened by the crimes/illnesses that plague families.

Occasionally, I am beyond sickened.

Reading the tea leaves, again--this has happened online before--questions about my posts/too complex for comprehension/off topic, etc--just about this time of year--I don't wonder why--
Advising myself--'It will continue'--the crimes, the stupidity, the wishing that something could be done.
I will 'never understand' and yet I do, understand all too clearly.

'The Self'--develop it properly-some have no chance to ever do that--some have every chance and 'won't'. The end.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:50 AM

5,139 posts, read 8,849,708 times
Phonelady, I definitely have considered that she may have done this to either get back at the dad, or to gain his sympathy and love because their child is missing. either way, it didn't work.

I hope they are talking to her new bf because he needs to have an alibi that day too, IMO.

It's weird but I kept having thoughts about a janitor or similar type person, somebody in a uniform or work clothes, at the school and then the landscaper came into the picture....but I'm still having thoughts about such a person.

Kids do get grabbed from all sorts of places, even there own homes, but it is rare that more than one person is ever involved in the initial crime.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:13 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I disagree. If I have read or watched coverage of this or any case and come here to discuss it I don't feel it's my responsibility to provide a link. If someone wants to verify what anyone posts they can google it or pass up responding if they don't find it acceptable conversation.
The only FACT I have when entering this forum is the fact that I've watched the news and heard what was being reported or I've read what newspapers or the like print.
Other than that and with this case the Fact remains that a little boy is gone missing and his step-mother is acting like she could not care less, failed 2 polygraphs and "allegedly" is having an affair and "allegedly" tried to hire a hit man to kill her husband. And DID go to the daycare of the gym where her estranged husband was working out to try to abduct her child.

Mother Theresa she isn't and that's my opinion.
See that perplexes me. The husband got a restarining order, that would violate it so why isn't she in jail??? This case is really bizarre..my only hope is they find that little boy alive....

Old 07-15-2010, 11:23 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
I am really not sure of what you mean takeahike. That there is more crime because of cell phone and computers? Or in spite of them?
I hardly think that the good old days were all that good.Victorian times were rife with poisoning murders, axe murderers baby farmers and seriel killers. Not to mention lynchings and child abuse that were widely accepted as 'normal'
There is nothing new under the sun. Just check out the bible!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime