Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 12:15 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,924,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Big deal. Men and women have children everyday, all over the world, to sell them into pedophile rings. Women have children to give away to pedophile's. This is NOTHING new, fancy, or even newsworthy.
Yeah BIG DEAL!!!! What were you thinking posting this OP, it happens every day so who cares, right Phil306? Maybe your kid or a relative of yours will be next to be sold to a pedophile to be raped over and over, but no big deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2011, 12:18 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,345,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I'm conflicted on this. Atleast she tried to give him a better home. She could have chloroformed him, bagged him up, and threw him in a swamp to rot! Apparently that sort of thing goes over in Florida....IDK
There is a big thought in this post which really needs to be recognized.

We have such a tendency to demonize females who admit they can't take care of their child/children for any number of reasons....then want to fry them when they goof up and the kids get neglected or die.

I'm certainly not making excuses for someone who wanted to hock off her child, but the child is better off with the mother admitting it up front than neglecting, abusing or killing the child later.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:07 AM

30,390 posts, read 23,858,591 times
I think Phil's point was that this kind of stuff happens everywhere, not just in FL.

As for the Al Gore bit, please, reserve it for the Political thread. I don't come to "True Crime" to listen to someone's political bent.

Also, Ted Bundy was in WA state before FL. Green River Killer was in WA state. That whole Tylenol scare with someone tampering with the pills in the store, that was WA state.

See? We could do this anywhere.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:54 AM

24,147 posts, read 32,626,996 times
As for as the state of Florida, I think it has to do with the "magical thinking" of many people who transplant to that state expecting everything to be perfect - like their last vacation in the Sunshine State or The Magic Kingdom - or both.

If your family was dysfunctional in Ohio or Pennsylvania, it will also be dysfunctional in Florida, but with palm trees and balmy breezes.

I am not at all sure how selling a human being is a "normal thing" If we set the bar low enough and look at the worst countries in the world, I am sure that we can find instances of human trafficking, slavery and abuse. Also, I know that it happens in the US. That does not make it any less outrageous.

This woman could have given her child up for adoption. I agree that this is preferential to raising an unwanted child that a bio parent is unable to care for. The thing is, putting a child up for adoption is a selfless act that does not involve financial recompense. This woman wanted money.
That's different.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:33 AM

2,682 posts, read 4,488,676 times
I moved to FL from CT last year and YES, wackos! Everyday I watch news and my jaw drops at what happens. You can't help but laugh sometimes too...they aren't the smartest criminals. I honestly think the sunshine and heat gets to you after a while. IDK.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:46 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,440,001 times
The icing on the cake, regarding crazy people in Florida, was when that whacked family from Colorado, who "pretended" that their kid was missing in a weather balloon, moved to Florida!

Old 08-27-2011, 10:16 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,196,236 times
Which is why I feel I have aptly named them "Flor-idiots" Remember, for every one crime you hear about, there are ten more you don't! Friggin scary. Even Disney can't compensate for that kind of "NEVER" land that I DON'T want to visit ever again.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:46 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,285,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Yeah BIG DEAL!!!! What were you thinking posting this OP, it happens every day so who cares, right Phil306? Maybe your kid or a relative of yours will be next to be sold to a pedophile to be raped over and over, but no big deal.
What you do not understand and I doubt you ever will, is the fact this type of activity has been going on, since the dawn of time. MOST people have no clue what really goes on in the world. They go through life with blinder's on and really, truly, cannot deal with the real world. To them, the real world is American Idol.

Then, all of a sudden, they read something on the internet and "freak out." Freak out over something, which they cannot comphrend and or believe.

I've investigated, interrorgated, and arrested pedophiles, over and over again. I've argued about, with people on this website. You can't change pedophilia. Its something the person is "born with."

People need to come out of their turtle shells and see what life really is. It can be dirty, nasty, mean, rotten, and crude. That is REAL LIFE. Not television.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:49 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,440,001 times
While pedophiles are scum of the earth. Any one who knowingly traffics a child to this type of activity will definitely have to go to a special type of hell, because they are even worse. And a parent...that is beyond scum, I don't even know a word for someone that amoral.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:50 PM

353 posts, read 907,421 times
Next time tell her to get a business license and up her fee to $10,000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime