Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 05:47 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,762,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
The icing on the cake, regarding crazy people in Florida, was when that whacked family from Colorado, who "pretended" that their kid was missing in a weather balloon, moved to Florida!
Are you serious?! I did not know that! I remember we would run over to a nearby house, (we knew them), during down times at work and watch a few minutes of that event before running back to work.

Those people are SERIOUS whack jobs!!!

Edit, to clarify...by "we knew them" I meant the people who owned the house, not the morons who lied about their kid in a weather balloon as a publicity stunt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 06:22 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,836,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Yeah...Florida, jeez: what's with all the whack-jobs out there? I wonder if it's the heat, or maybe too much deep-fried food or Vitamin C?
This DJ I listen to here in Austin on KLBJ-FM--the local classic rock station--has this daily news flash sort of segment in which he recounts some wing-nut excapades from a Florida resident. I swear: everyday he has some outlandish news story to tell from there.
He refers to Florida as "The Dong of America." (Look at a U.S. map! LOL).
You can really get laughs (and sometimes not) out of the Florida newspapers' "Flori-Duh" section. Sometimes it's the way these articles are written that turn the weirdest news funny.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:51 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,141,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Yeah...Florida, jeez: what's with all the whack-jobs out there? I wonder if it's the heat, or maybe too much deep-fried food or Vitamin C?
This DJ I listen to here in Austin on KLBJ-FM--the local classic rock station--has this daily news flash sort of segment in which he recounts some wing-nut excapades from a Florida resident. I swear: everyday he has some outlandish news story to tell from there.
He refers to Florida as "The Dong of America." (Look at a U.S. map! LOL).
Texas is no role model for proper parenting either it seems:

Police: Parents punished dead boy by denying water (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/08/27/national/a155321D57.DTL#ixzz1WH2MqMsC - broken link)

Old 08-27-2011, 07:55 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,141,135 times
More Texas news:

http://traffic.outbrain.com/network/...on=42206&idx=5

Old 08-28-2011, 03:22 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,905,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
What you do not understand and I doubt you ever will, is the fact this type of activity has been going on, since the dawn of time. MOST people have no clue what really goes on in the world. They go through life with blinder's on and really, truly, cannot deal with the real world. To them, the real world is American Idol.

Then, all of a sudden, they read something on the internet and "freak out." Freak out over something, which they cannot comphrend and or believe.

I've investigated, interrorgated, and arrested pedophiles, over and over again. I've argued about, with people on this website. You can't change pedophilia. Its something the person is "born with."

People need to come out of their turtle shells and see what life really is. It can be dirty, nasty, mean, rotten, and crude. That is REAL LIFE. Not television.
Well, I agree with all of what you have said here. However, the frequency at which something happens doesn't determine whether or not something is a "big deal" or not. It IS a big deal, and a BIG problem.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:36 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,278,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Well, I agree with all of what you have said here. However, the frequency at which something happens doesn't determine whether or not something is a "big deal" or not. It IS a big deal, and a BIG problem.
Its a big deal to you, because you don't live it everyday. Its not a big deal to me. See, everything is relative. A big problem? Yes. Much larger then you know, care to admit, and/or even delve into. Just like most people in the world

Old 08-28-2011, 06:59 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,055,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Jessica Beers, member of a the fundamentalist Gateway Baptist Church in Florida, attempted to SELL her five year old son to a couple who had helped her out over the years.

Why do I mention church affiliation? Because it seems to me that an inordinate amount of people involved in Fundamentalist Churches are involved in criminal activity. Some one other than myself must notice this.

Does the name Casey Anthony ring a bell? YUP. First Baptist Orlando.
Not to bust ya balls but everyone who goes to church are seiners

Old 08-28-2011, 07:05 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,055,548 times
Quote:
What you do not understand and I doubt you ever will, is the fact this type of activity has been going on, since the dawn of time. MOST people have no clue what really goes on in the world. They go through life with blinder's on and really, truly, cannot deal with the real world. To them, the real world is American Idol.

Then, all of a sudden, they read something on the internet and "freak out." Freak out over something, which they cannot comphrend and or believe.

I've investigated, interrorgated, and arrested pedophiles, over and over again. I've argued about, with people on this website. You can't change pedophilia. Its something the person is "born with."

People need to come out of their turtle shells and see what life really is. It can be dirty, nasty, mean, rotten, and crude. That is REAL LIFE. Not television.

bingo

Old 08-28-2011, 08:32 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,905,309 times
Quote:
Its a big deal to you, because you don't live it everyday. Its not a big deal to me. See, everything is relative. A big problem? Yes. Much larger then you know, care to admit, and/or even delve into. Just like most people in the world
I see the point I was attempting to make has eluded you.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:56 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,647,766 times
Ever notice how the most dangerous, aggressive, wildest, venomous and seemingly craziest creatures live in hot climates like tropical rain forests and deserts and such? These overheated locales are some of the most inhospitable and dangerous on the planet. Call this a gut instinct, but there's just something about intense heat that makes DNA go haywire. With few exceptions, ecosystems just seem to evolve that way.

As for Florida and it's intense levels of heat (no rain forests or deserts, but hot nonetheless)...yea um, just saying. F--- that state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime