Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 02:17 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
And as I said.......... oh forget it.

Do you honestly think that the police would do ANYTHING if you called and said, "hey, somones harassing me on this this forum that I post on" {?????}
Yes. Sorry they would. That is the thing people think they are completely anonymous on the internet but in reality they are not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 04:29 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
The women was aquitted from what I understand, so obviously the courts agree with me when I say that people should have enough will power to choose what they subject themselves to and that parents should have a tighter reign on their kids activities, let alone internet activity.

Um, right! Because it dodn't! That doesn't mean I was calling her weak minded because she was mentaly ill.
What's obvious is, you don't know anything about the Meier case or the court's decision.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:41 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,852,168 times
Teen

Old 09-27-2011, 07:09 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
huh?
What I'm saying is, I did not know she was mentaly ill when I said she was weak minded and finding that out didn't change my opinion. Anyone who would kill themselves because of what some ignoramous said on facebook or whatever, IS WEAK MINDED.........imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
What's obvious is, you don't know anything about the Meier case or the court's decision.
You right, I don't and I don't care to. People shouldn't be charged for name calling on the internet. For me, it's as simple as that no questions asked and I don't care what the underlying details are.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:06 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
What I'm saying is, I did not know she was mentaly ill when I said she was weak minded and finding that out didn't change my opinion. Anyone who would kill themselves because of what some ignoramous said on facebook or whatever, IS WEAK MINDED.........imo

Which is the same thing as saying a mentally ill person is weak-minded.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Which is the same thing as saying a mentally ill person is weak-minded.
No it is not!

I said: she was Obviously a weak minded individual

You said: She is mentaly ill

I said: finding that out dosn't change my opinion.

IN OTHERWORDS................ so what if she was mentaly ill? I still think she was a weak minded person mentaly ill or not!

What aren't you getting about this?

I'm not saying in any way that her being mentaly ill made her weak minded, I'm saying that just because she was mentaly ill doesn't mean that she wasn't weak minded. I can't explain this any more clearly.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 09-27-2011 at 09:39 PM..

Old 09-28-2011, 05:01 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
But she committed suicide due to her mental health issues. SMH

Old 09-28-2011, 12:24 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Weak-minded individual: Weak mindedness can result from several factors, including but not limited to lack of education, lack of critical thinking skills, lack of interpersonal experience or understanding, or developmental disability.

Weak mindedness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Whipper Snapper, my guess is you are very young and may possess the same situation you are labeling others with. Sometimes, especially when young, we tend to point our finger most at ourselves. You may look back on this one day and cringe. Don't feel bad. We were all young at one time.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
But she committed suicide due to her mental health issues. SMH
Oh so your saying that her mental health is what made her commit suicide and not the comments on the internet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Weak-minded individual: Weak mindedness can result from several factors, including but not limited to lack of education, lack of critical thinking skills, lack of interpersonal experience or understanding, or developmental disability.

Weak mindedness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Whipper Snapper, my guess is you are very young and may possess the same situation you are labeling others with. Sometimes, especially when young, we tend to point our finger most at ourselves. You may look back on this one day and cringe. Don't feel bad. We were all young at one time.
Thank you so much for that after school special.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:53 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,488,125 times
Quote:
Oh so your saying that her mental health is what made her commit suicide and not the comments on the internet?
Actually, I think it was a combination of both that caused it. She was already mentally ill, and the comments on the internet drove her to suicide. If she had not been mentally unstable, perhaps those comments would have meant nothing, and she could have walked away from it, but she couldn't. So no, someone's nasty comments on the internet alone did not cause her to commit suicide, and her mental illness alone did not cause it.

But I still think the woman was wrong because she knew this girl's problems and made those comments to exacerbate them. It's kind of like a knowing someone has a weak heart, then going out your way to play a prank that scares them into a heart attack. If you know the risk to someone and do it anyway, you're at least partially responsible for what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime