Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 06:41 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,991,781 times

Advertisements

I dunno, his explanations seemed quite plausible to me.

The guy does seem almost too smart for his own pants though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2011, 06:48 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,662,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
I dunno, his explanations seemed quite plausible to me.

The guy does seem almost too smart for his own pants though.
He had a few months and Jose Baez to work on his story!The Holland handbook excuse was pure gold!!!Next up Giordano will claim to have been abused by his father making him unable to cope well in a crisis!!

Old 12-04-2011, 12:29 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,974,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
He had a few months and Jose Baez to work on his story!The Holland handbook excuse was pure gold!!!Next up Giordano will claim to have been abused by his father making him unable to cope well in a crisis!!
Yes, Baez can coach Giordano and use the old Robyn drowned in the Anthony's swimming pool defense.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:16 AM

I think he definitely had something to do do with it and comes across as a slimy douche;however, I think he will evade prosecution and collect a cool 1.5 mil.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
I think he definitely had something to do do with it and comes across as a slimy douche;however, I think he will evade prosecution and collect a cool 1.5 mil.
I agree ... Giordano appears to be sleaze and will fade off into the sunset ... then collect the $1.5 million ... but I don't think he will try it again. He scored big time with this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
I saw 10 minutes of it and changed the channel. Baez reminds me of a used car salesman. And, the defendant, what a creep too. They really make a great "couple" from hel*.
Exactly I have been to car lots and met many Baez characters ... it took him 8 years after passing the bar exam for the Florida Board of Bar Examiners to admit him ... each time I see him I expect him to come out with "Come on down ... we're dealing at Jose's ... we tote the note!"

Old 12-04-2011, 05:58 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,387,598 times
Creepy. Is it safe to meet someone on the internet? Any different from randomly meeting anyone, any place?

Old 12-04-2011, 07:37 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,662,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Creepy. Is it safe to meet someone on the internet? Any different from randomly meeting anyone, any place?
I don't think the fact that they met over internet to be creepy...it was some kind of swinger/sugardaddy website(not sure which one) that's the creepy part!

Old 12-04-2011, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I don't think the fact that they met over internet to be creepy...it was some kind of swinger/sugardaddy website(not sure which one) that's the creepy part!
what's wrong with those sites? lol.

in the interest of full disclosure I have found travel companions off SD sites before. I used to work as a contractor in war zones, was single, did not have a chance to meet normal women, did not want to holiday alone, and had money to burn so I did it more than a few times.

objectively speaking, the chances of something bad happening are much higher than normal. many men on these sites are abusive and many women are flakey, dishonest, borderline hookers. more often than not, the parties do not respect each other. when human beings don't respect each other they can be very cruel.

I truly believe that Giordiano did not plan on killing her--then again, he certainly could have contemplated it as this was not his first travel insurance rodeo--but rather she went swimming, panicked, and he watched her drown....she may have even been drunk or under the influence of something while swimming.

i watched his demeanor when he hit shore after she disappeared and was nonfrantically knocking on doors to get help. His antics were not choreographed well enough to be calculated and premeditated but he did not appear to be under genuine duress either...it was very disturbing, almost as if he was clumsily going through the motions.

Another thing that some are forgetting is that it's actually quite easy to drown in the open sea if one is not a good swimmer. a slight current comes, it pulls you out, and if you panic and are not a strong swimmer it could be all she wrote.

I spend time on *****et in thailand and once a week some tourist drowns to death but the thai authorities say nothing about is as it would harm tourist traffic. A few months ago jellyfish were killing people but you heard nary a peep from the local media.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:11 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,387,598 times
I was not sure why Baez would have been helpful. He knows nothing about Dutch law. Nor is he licensed to practice law in Aruba. So...what was the point?

Old 12-05-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I was not sure why Baez would have been helpful. He knows nothing about Dutch law. Nor is he licensed to practice law in Aruba. So...what was the point?
Show time is all ... to get himself in front of the media cameras. Baez couldn't do one thing for Giordano in Aruba ... jumped aboard as an advisor.

I didn't watch the show but I think his BFF Geraldo had Baez and Giordano on his show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime