Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 10:41 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,971,298 times

Advertisements

The parents have a new lawyer ... a top New York defense attorney Joe Tacopina.

I wonder who is paying him ... perhaps the same person offering the $100,000.

Missing Baby Lisa: Top Defense Attorney Representing Parents - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 11:44 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times
She better up the dose on the anti-anxiety meds. I have a feeling she is probably under lots of stress right now.

She should watch tapes of CA.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:26 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,356,074 times
Maybe she was suffering from unchecked postpartum depression - hence the drinking plus the medication (I'd like to know what she was on). That's no excuse to be trashed when you have small children to care for, but it does happen. I worked for a DUI attorney for ten years, and one thing that we noted was the growing number of women alcoholics - a lot of them "stay at home moms". At least
two out of five DUI clients that came to us for representation were women. If someone kidnapped the baby, they may have known her drinking habits and had it carefully planned. The other thing that comes to mind was she picked up the baby when she was blacked out and maybe dropped it? I hate to think of it.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:34 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,356,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
She said in an interview today that she takes prescription medication for anxiety every morning.

Medicating with prescription every morning and self-medicating with alcohol every night. She's unhappy with her situation and it's taken a very bad turn. That woman who drowned her five kids comes to mind - she was home with small kids all day, too.

Old 10-18-2011, 04:04 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times
What I don't like is that CA. Has now provided a "get away with it scenario".

Old 10-18-2011, 05:07 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,097,080 times
Yes this smacks of andrea yates who drowned her five kids , susan smith who killed her two boys , and then we have casey anthony . I fear for the outcome as well.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:00 AM

3,493 posts, read 7,937,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Yes this smacks of andrea yates who drowned her five kids , susan smith who killed her two boys , and then we have casey anthony . I fear for the outcome as well.
I don't think Andrea Yates has much in common with these other women. Andrea Yates had suffered for years with complex psychiatric illness for many years. That does not justify killing her children, but it is very different from these other cases. She was much, much sicker than a mom who is unhappy and drinks to escape her unsatisfying home life.

Casey Anthony and Susan Smith (and perhaps now, Lisa's mother) seem to be more motivated by their own desire to get their children out of their lives.

This late addition of the "I was drunk" reasoning just seems very, very contrived to me.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:25 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,030,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Maybe she was suffering from unchecked postpartum depression - hence the drinking plus the medication (I'd like to know what she was on). That's no excuse to be trashed when you have small children to care for, but it does happen.
Right, I agree and I do sympathize.
Factor in lack of sleep with possible PPD and women do things they'd have never dreamed of previously.

(^ I'm talking about being snappish, angry, that kind of thing, not permanently harming your kid, of course.)

The expensive lawyer, the time-off from cooperating, and the missing cell phones are all curious to me.

(Apologies, mods, I didn't know there was a True Crime forum and figured at first that this would have gone in the "Politics/Controversies," as that's where "news"-type things end up.)

Old 10-18-2011, 11:36 AM

34 posts, read 98,714 times
PPD could have attributed to her self medicating but I don't believe it makes someone kill their children (at least not in my opinion for what it's worth). Psycosis would. She doesn't appear to have psycosis so if she did kill her child either accidentally or on purpose I'd say she is just some kind of new craziness that Mother's are killing their kids. I also don't think Andrea Yates is in the same category as C.A. and the others as far as motive go. She definately had psycosis. I am also curious how common this is/has been. The fact that the news stations and journalists have been broadcasting these scenarios lately doesn't mean it hasn't been going on for much longer prior to the famous cases they are choosing.
With that being said, somethings way off with her and she seems to know more than she is letting on.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:26 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,648,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
You can't include Andrea Yates in with Susan Smith and Casey Anthony.

Yates suffered from a mental illness tied in with her pregnancies. Her husband knew that and yet still wanted more children. I'm not defending what she did but she is not the monster Susan Smith was.

Smith killed her two boys because her current boyfriend didn't like kids, then she turned around and said a black man carjacked her. She almost incited a race riot in her South Carolina town.

Smith is a sociopath and I believe Anthony is as well.

Yates picked up the phone up right after she drowned her children and said she did it.

The tragedy about Yates is several people including neighbors saw signs of a deeply disturbed woman and did nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime