Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 11:14 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,546,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by XmadisonX View Post
I am glad you brought this to light.

John Engle, the father of Olivia Engle , Has hired a PR firm. He also set up A personal PayPal account for donations, the PR firm is setting up all sorts of fundraiser events in N.Nevada where his company is based out of. They have set up Fundraiser cans at some stores . A lot of stores are NOT getting involved saying Mr. Engle should be helping the poor people not asking for money.

People who live in near Carson City/ Reno / close to the company he works for are confussed. As to why they are doing HEAVY pumping for seeking funds for his daughter. A local resident who worked for the sail company Engle works for said Mr. Engle is a High ranking exec and a multi millionaire. Than Engls fb appeared an the family are very show-eee with the elaborate lifestyle they live. They own a Bentley that they brag about on Fb and 2 yachts one they keep in USA in CT and one they keep at the home in the South oF France in the Riviera.

lastly Mr. Engle had mentioned in a live new program that he was already in Talks with simon and shuster for a book deal regarding the children who were killed. and the money for that would go half to the families and the other half to St. Judes. Hospital.

IDk...... if this happened to a Rockefeller would we send them money? He is not a Rockefeller but he is A multi millionaire.

I by no means want to sound sour or rude or disrespectful. But I am baffled as to why they need money and are doing a hard fundrasing campaign
Very interesting!

I did read that the University of Connecticut has set up a scholarship for all the children of victims/siblings of victims. That is a nice gesture.

But frankly, other than funeral expenses, or funds for the dependent children/spouse of an adult victim, I don't see why this group of people should be getting financial donations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 11:16 PM

139 posts, read 170,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Maybe I can answer this...life does "go on", and people still have to go to work, but if there is a fund that can help out these families, if the parents want a week off of work, and maybe just have jobs with no benefits, so common these days, or maybe they need counseling and medication, and have no health insurance. Or maybe they just need some money to fly Grandparents in for a funeral. Some folks don't have a lot of funds...
I don't know any respectable company that does not provide time off with pay for a next of kin who has died. They are being provided counseling by private docs and also the Red Cross and United Way. As per flying family to a funeral i think every airline in the us has a program for this . if you can prove you are close family and have a death certif sent you are entitled for discount or free airfare.

From what is being broadcast so far . It appears these are children of very wealthy parents . Not saying every single one but thus far the parents they have interviewed or info the press has given . gives a profile of very very rich families.

The only one that did not appear rich is the Teacher as they dub her Queen Victoria.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:20 PM

I am not sure if you have your facts straight on the Engles.

The parents are listed as Brian and Shannon in this article, and the person named John is Olivia's cousin.

They do discuss a fund to donate money to so the parents can take a few weeks off work.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:27 PM

This article indicates that all the child caskets are being donated by major casket companies.

This describes a general fund for the victims, managed by United Way

Old 12-19-2012, 11:31 PM

139 posts, read 170,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I am not sure if you have your facts straight on the Engles.

The parents are listed as Brian and Shannon in this article, and the person named John is Olivia's cousin.

They do discuss a fund to donate money to so the parents can take a few weeks off work.
I mixed up the names since many of Olivias family are being interviewed. Still the face remains that Olivia's DAD is a multi- millionaire.

like one person said on my local news -Why oh why are they asking poor people for money in the n. part of Nv where unemployment is high and so many people are out of work ? I agree so to many local biz. who don't want to be disrespectful but do not want cans for donatins in their shops for JUST ONE girl they said if its for all that would be different.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:38 PM

Can you post some links to info about the dad being wealthy? and asking for money in Nevada?

not that I don't believe you, but I'd like to see some proof.

That PayPal link didn't work when I clicked on it.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:08 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,478,798 times
After Sandy Hook shootings, school threats and rumors spike | Local & Regional | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon

Wonder who the retards are behind these rumors. Probably people who get a headache when someone asks them to learn anything.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:36 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Some of the people I work with, have been very affected by this, being depressed, feeling unsafe.

Has this been over played by the media?

I don't watch tv much. But, maybe the media needs to chill on repeating, over and over, this crime.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:51 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,478,798 times
Yeh, everything is overplayed by the media. Not that it isn't severe, but the media have gone beyond being helpful to just making it a circus. Reminds me of OJ's trial. America just can't find a moderate response to anything!!! Always has to end up with the "stupidity option".

Old 12-21-2012, 01:09 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
As far as the mental health issue, most people don't realize, everyday, how much we're all skating on the thin ice of insanity, and for some, it wouldn't take much to for the ice to break.

"You're fired!"

"Wait just a minute!!! My wife just lost her job a month ago, I'm the sole supporter! I've got 4 kids at home! and I'm 2 months behind on my house payments!"

Myself, I know how precarious my own mental health status is, and from time to time, it can do a 180 degree with the snap of finger!

I bounce back very quickly, but still!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime