Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2013, 12:34 PM

137 posts, read 151,896 times

Advertisements

Lawyer: Zimmerman prosecutor withheld evidence

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A court employee who retrieved photos and deleted text messages from Trayvon Martin's cellphone has been placed on administrative leave after an attorney testified that prosecutors didn't properly turn over the evidence to the defense, an attorney said Wednesday.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:34 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,402,780 times
Bad form indeed. But only one person had a gun in their hand on the night in question. It's rather obvious what the defense's defense is, schmere

Imagine somebody shot an unarmed someone you knew. The circumstances were in question. But they knew your unarmed friend had previously held a gun, and had smoked pot.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:08 PM

10,113 posts, read 11,005,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Bad form indeed. But only one person had a gun in their hand on the night in question. It's rather obvious what the defense's defense is, schmere

Imagine somebody shot an unarmed someone you knew. The circumstances were in question. But they knew your unarmed friend had previously held a gun, and had smoked pot.
Good point!

Old 05-30-2013, 11:33 PM

251 posts, read 439,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
GZ is a modern day Al capone. He had mutual restraining orders with an ex-fiance for hitting each other and pushed an undercover cop's arms. Both 7 years before he killed tm. Scary.

There were half a dozen cops among them when Zimmerman shoved that officer and told him to F off. The thing they all planted GZ's face into was the hood of a police cruiser, one of several parked along the same curb. There was nothing undercover about the situation. Zimmerman knew with whom he was getting violent.

It's also nice to know that you think hitting a woman does not count as a history of violence. I suppose the prince of peace was merely defending himself?

Old 05-31-2013, 06:36 AM

11,184 posts, read 6,537,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel88 View Post
There were half a dozen cops among them when Zimmerman shoved that officer and told him to F off. The thing they all planted GZ's face into was the hood of a police cruiser, one of several parked along the same curb. There was nothing undercover about the situation. Zimmerman knew with whom he was getting violent.

It's also nice to know that you think hitting a woman does not count as a history of violence. I suppose the prince of peace was merely defending himself?
Like I said. A regular Al capone. The only differene is gz has a super-powerful retired magistrate from Virginia for a father, whose tentacles of influence extend to cops, judges, and prosecutors in Florida.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:51 PM

Zimmerman reminds of this rather dubious character from Survivor.

Russell Hantz Worms His Way Into Next Season of

Old 05-31-2013, 10:30 PM

251 posts, read 439,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Like I said. A regular Al capone. The only differene is gz has a super-powerful retired magistrate from Virginia for a father, whose tentacles of influence extend to cops, judges, and prosecutors in Florida.

Let me know when somebody seriously compares Zimmerman to an organized crime boss. I'll stick with the facts: he has a history of violence against women and officers of the law.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:04 AM

11,184 posts, read 6,537,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel88 View Post
Let me know when somebody seriously compares Zimmerman to an organized crime boss. I'll stick with the facts: he has a history of violence against women and officers of the law.
'Past history of violence,' the phrase usually used to imply gz was a dangerous guy who tended to be in violent confrontations, could be Al capone. 'Violence' can be pushing a cop's arms or stabbing him. GZ and his ex-fiance hit each other and took out mutual restraining orders. He had a run in with an alcohol cop, which the bond hearing judge described as runofthemill, fairly common.

Both incidents you mention were 7 years before he killed tm.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:16 PM

He tended to be less than genuine at bail bond hearings

Old 06-01-2013, 12:49 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,430,652 times
Wink actually...

They have to be careful where they tread...if they bring in Georges' past then they open the door to bring in Golden Boys past...and it doesn't quite seem that anyone other than the defence team wants to go there.
K
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime