Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 07:44 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,998,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I do not remember about Zimmerman, but Martin does have a history of violence and an anti-authority attitude. Not implying anything specific, but it can be shown from history martin also was likely to first have started the assault.

I doubt Zimmerman intended to assault Martin if Zimmerman called the cops before hand.
Unfortunately Martin's past history of violence, getting expelled from school in Miami, smoking dope, can't be introduced in this trial. That is why he was in Sanford, Florida. His mother couldn't handle him in Miami so she shipped him off to daddy.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:52 PM

27,223 posts, read 46,881,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
Unfortunately Martin's past history of violence, getting expelled from school in Miami, smoking dope, can't be introduced in this trial. That is why he was in Sanford, Florida. His mother couldn't handle him in Miami so she shipped him off to daddy.
Sadly that can't be brought in and on HNL they are so disgusting and biased and not open to listen to the evidence that they lost me as a watcher.

CNN and Fox News have way better covering...that stupid and annoying " we stop the tape, you won't miss anything" is already annoying enough but adding Nancy disgrace and Jane the ex alcoholic crazy one who doesn't let anybody finish a sentence if she doesn't agree...makes it a very bad channel to watch.

I don't care if I disagree with someone's view but the way they handle it is disgusting.

I turned it off after a doctor was asked about the lacerations and he couldn't finish one sentence but got rudely interrupted time after time...I don't even know how this doctor could stay on the air...I hope he got paid for it so that is at least something for getting treated so rude.

Nancy Grace did a lot of good work in her life and was herself a victim because her fiancée was murdered, but that doesn't mean she has to be rude and push her own view. Unless it is the Nancy's opinion show.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Sadly that can't be brought in and on HNL they are so disgusting and biased and not open to listen to the evidence that they lost me as a watcher.

CNN and Fox News have way better covering...that stupid and annoying " we stop the tape, you won't miss anything" is already annoying enough but adding Nancy disgrace and Jane the ex alcoholic crazy one who doesn't let anybody finish a sentence if she doesn't agree...makes it a very bad channel to watch.

I don't care if I disagree with someone's view but the way they handle it is disgusting.

I turned it off after a doctor was asked about the lacerations and he couldn't finish one sentence but got rudely interrupted time after time...I don't even know how this doctor could stay on the air...I hope he got paid for it so that is at least something for getting treated so rude.
Can you believe that ... I get tweets from Nancy Grace and Dr. Drew and they have already crucified Zimmerman. I sent Dr. Drew a tweet and asked if he was going to have a Rachel Jeantel as a guest on his show.

I get tired of hearing about Nancy's fiance that was murdered 34 years ago. Let it go, she is married and has twins let Keith Griffin RIP.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:42 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,712,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
He was justified? I have a counterpoint to this. I love how this lynch mob is portraying Martin(he's already dead but so what) as a drug running, gang banging, drug crazed, up to no good, looking for trouble, hoodlum, who initiated the confrontation.... Which, of course, Zimmerman *with his ESP* already knew!! So Zimmerman took him out! Like the good ole neighborhood watch man is supposed to do. Vigilante style!
He don't need no f******g cops!! My thoughts are he should be charged with something other than murder. You can't just blow away an unarmed person then go home and eat pizza. Although, you never know going by this crowd
I don't believe I've ever commented about Trayvon's life before his death.

He assaulted George.

/end.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:03 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,270,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Here we go again... Read my post #1103 & #1104. Hollowpoint ammo was never outlawed in the US, and why in the world should it be? You're "cop boyfreind" was (edited my original comment)...umm, mistaken.
The "X" is a cut shell full metal jacket round, basically a home-made hollowpoint for cheap asses uses target ammo for defensive rounds. Also not illegal, and probably not much more effective than the FMJ itself in stopping power, and less effective then true hollowpoints on the market.

Glad you edited yourself since my b/f is dead in the line of duty.

I didn't say HE said hollow points were illegal I said I thought they were made illegal in the '70's. I checked and see I was wrong.

You state right there an "X" is a cheap assed hollow point.

The following is from a site I went to to see about hollow points...

"Only certain Types or Designs of Hollow point bullets are restricted and forbidden to be made available to the Civilian population to buy.* These types of hollow point bullets are Only available and sold to the Police, Law Enforcement, and Military.* Other than that hollow points can be used in any State for self-defense purposes."

Now back to Florida.....

Old 07-02-2013, 09:06 PM

5,813 posts, read 15,957,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post

Personally, I do think getting beat and punched is a reason to use lethal force, if you were attacked in an un-provoked situation. But if two men start arguing in a bar and each one escalates the situation and a fist fight begins, the one who starts losing the fight cannot pull out a gun. However if a bar patron was simply attacked by someone else and started taking a severe beating, he has the right to defend himself with lethal force.
This paragraph hits the crux regarding the rhetorical question some have raised here, about how it can be okay to get into a fight and then shoot the other guy if you start losing. Your typical run-of-the-mill brawl, where both guys escalate the situation, and usually where both will at some point in the fight use unlawfully excessive force as it goes back and forth, is totally different from an attack.

Think of a mugging as a hypothetical example. If someone mugs you and you fight back, it's not just two guys getting into a fight. You are defending yourself against an attack. The same idea applies in the case of any unprovoked attack.

An unprovoked aggression by someone appears to be what we had here. The lack of injuries to Martin similar to those suffered by Zimmerman tells us that there was not a lot of swinging back and forth the way there would be if this had been just two guys fighting. The relatively small amount of Zimmerman's DNA found on Martin indicates that they were not wrestling around with Martin ultimately getting the upper hand, as would be the case if this had just been two guys fighting.

This evidence (lack of anything present on Martin to suggest an ongoing fight) indicates that something happened very suddenly. Maybe Zimmerman did something that would legitimately have led Martin to fear for his life, e.g., approaching Martin with his pistol drawn, and Martin attacked in self-defense. Maybe, much as Zimmerman described the incident, Martin jumped Zimmerman and just started pounding on him. Whatever, some aggression occurred suddenly, thus suddenly placing the other person in need to defend his life and/or physical well-being. The evidence does not suggest two guys rolling around, kicking, swinging back and forth, wrestling each other down, as in a barroom brawl.

Last edited by ogre; 07-02-2013 at 09:30 PM..

Old 07-02-2013, 09:48 PM

6,893 posts, read 11,285,312 times
Smile True...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
She most likely wanted him away from his element; his neighborhood in Miami not the best.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:19 PM

137 posts, read 151,816 times
Arrow Sanford Police Chief Fears “Violence” in Response to Zimmerman Verdict

Sanford Police Chief Fears “Violence” in Response to Zimmerman Verdict

Sanford Police Chief Cecil Smith and other city officials are worried that the outcome of the George Zimmerman trial could spark “violence” and have crafted a “secret law enforcement” plan to deal with potential social disorder.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
She most likely wanted him away from his element; his neighborhood in Miami not the best.
The last time I was in Miami it was like a foreign country and I felt like I wasn't even in the USA.

Is Sanford any better, as far as the schools, gangs and violence. I'm not familiar with Sanford, our son lives in Sarasota.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:52 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,993,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
When you go on vacation do you ask neighbors to watch your house or apartment? If a neighbor thought they saw a door ajar or a window open and went to investigate; they could be in the same situation.
Look at the example you're giving here. It's the way many people are looking at this case and it's wrong. First of all, if I saw someone burglarizing my neighbor's home, I'd call the police. However, even if I went over to investigate, it would be to protect my neighbor's home that someone was invading. Trayvon Martin wasn't breaking into a house. He wasn't doing anything but walking home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime