Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 08:10 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Yes, It's happened again.

....snipped....
I write about Teddy because I do not want him to be forgotten, Also because I am angry. At neighbors, relatives, and the school.

Time after time, it's the same scenario. Mother gets a boy friend or dad a girl friend and the children's lives turn to hell.

Children are removed from school. No questions are asked.

How many other times has this story played out?

I am sick of this. I have some ideas about how this could be avoided, but they involve changes in public policy that would restrict the rights of parents. It would require closer supervision of home schooled children and back ground checks of an unrelated adult - including a step parent who wishes to live in a home with minor children.

Your thoughts?
Sheena, I hear you. There was a little boy that I posted about on the old CourtTV message board. I posted because I did not want him to be forgotten. I will always remember. There is another one, too, that doesn't even have a marker on his grave, because no one cared. If I had the money, he would have a marker. There are many, so many, that no one remembers. There have been some sites on the internet that tried to gather their stories. I don't think they are still active though.

That is why I follow "Unforgotten Angels" on Facebook. It is a small thing to do for these children.

So many of these children are removed from public school for the very reasons that has been posted here. They want to cover the bruises and horrible abuse and no one checks very hard on them.

The biological parent should be punished equally as harshly as the supposed killer. You know, sometimes, a child will die and the killer gets a few months or a few years. I don't understand.

Thx for posting this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 11:23 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,235,557 times
Boyfriends and girlfriends are not interested in the kids. We all know that. A home with a step parent can also be a dangerous place.

Home studies and careful monitoring is the answer.

Also, when a child is home schooled, those parents need to be watched - carefully. In this case, the boys were pulled out of school after they came under scrutiny. It should not have been permitted,

Old 12-13-2013, 02:44 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,386,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Boyfriends and girlfriends are not interested in the kids. We all know that. A home with a step parent can also be a dangerous place.

Home studies and careful monitoring is the answer.

Also, when a child is home schooled, those parents need to be watched - carefully. In this case, the boys were pulled out of school after they came under scrutiny. It should not have been permitted,
That is the cruelest and most irrational post i've seen in a long time. It is grossly unfair to use this psychopath as an example of a step parent or a boyfriend. I've step parented two different sets of kids and fostered many others. Not ALL step parents are cruel and you can't make a blanket statement that boyfriends and girlfriends are not interested in the kids. I was VERY interested in the kids and all of mine will tell you they were better off after moving in with us. The bio parents were going through rough times and we gave them love and stability.

It is horrible to paint this kind of picture of people who set much of their own life aside to love other people's kids. The initial problem is with a bio-parent who allows this kind of evil behavior to be visited upon his/her kids in the first place. It's on a community who turns a blind eye. It's on a society that is more worried about 'getting sued" than in acting on behalf of kids.

There are psychopaths everywhere. If a clown goes on a rampage and kills a bunch of kids, "all clowns are evil" is not widely accepted. If a teacher goes on a rampage or molests kids, we don't see you writing "all teachers hate children and are dangerous because they are disinterested outsiders."

You owe all the good step parents an apology for that cruel blanket condemnation of the sacrifices THEY have made on behalf of their adopted kids. Unfortunately the misinformation painted by Disney and others about evil stepparents persists in a world where more than half the families in America are blended families. You only hear about cases like this because they are so egregious. No one writes about how amazing and wonderful their blended family experience was. It doesn't sell newspapers.

But I get thank you letters every mother's day, Thanksgiving, on my birthday and at Christmas for being there for my kids when their bio-parents couldn't be. I know many men and women with the same story as mine.

Let's lay this one where it belongs. Both adults in the OP were sociopaths, neither of them should have been within a football field distance of children, and the law should have stepped in sooner.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:56 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,763,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
Let's lay this one where it belongs. Both adults in the OP were sociopaths, neither of them should have been within a football field distance of children, and the law should have stepped in sooner.
Whoa, let's hold up on the insty-kwik diagnosis! It sounds more like the boyfriend is a garden-variety batterer who picked on the most vulnerable member of his household, as they all do. Almost none of these guys are mentally ill, psychopathic or show any other signs of a problem other than low coping skills and short tempers. The mom (if I'm right) was similarly chosen for vulnerability -- timid, insecure, unable to cope, easy to push around. He may have been pounding on her, too -- a lot of moms in her position are so intimidated they get to believing anything the batterer says, like "your toddler deserved that fractured skull I gave him." Or she may be comfortable with what he does to her kids because she was raised that way herself, and she believes it's good for him. That's not sociopathy. That's emotional numbness and denial.

"Sociopath" is a rare condition. You hear about these cases every week and almost none of the people involved are sociopathic.

Old 12-14-2013, 03:35 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Quote:
The boys once attended public school, but once the school started asking questions Bush and the boy's mother, removed them and decided to "home school" them, thus isolating them from others.
[. . .]
Children are removed from school. No questions are asked.
This is what needs to be changed. When children are suddenly removed from school– especially after teachers noticed something wrong and started asking questions –that's when the child welfare services should have made an unannounced visit to the child's home to inspect it and question the parents/guardians/neighbors.

Blaming home-schooling or stepparents is not the answer.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:07 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Blame it on Bush.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:09 AM

Quote:
I am sick of this. I have some ideas about how this could be avoided, but they involve changes in public policy that would restrict the rights of parents. It would require closer supervision of home schooled children and back ground checks of an unrelated adult - including a step parent who wishes to live in a home with minor children.

Your thoughts?
Why only homeschooled children?

The fact that these children were homeschooled is entirely irrelevant to the issue at hand.

Also, who should be doing the supervising? How do you know that you can trust them?

Old 12-15-2013, 06:12 AM

Quote:
It is a well known fact that children are at the highest risk of abuse while living with a non-related "disinterested" adult. An adult whose connection is only through a parent.
Where is your support for this assertion?

Old 12-15-2013, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulJourn View Post
This happens everywhere and every day. I am all for background checks and child service monitoring of children when an unrelated adult enters the picture.

Male or female. married or not.
Just, wow.

The fact that you apparently don't fathom the tyrannical threat that what you suggest would pose to individual liberty in this republic is scary.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post

Also, when a child is home schooled, those parents need to be watched - carefully.
Why?

Why specifically homeschooled children?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime