Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 03:14 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,053 times

Advertisements

Here's the latest update-

Families of young couple who were raped and tortured to death are banned from wearing photo buttons of the victims in the front row of courtroom during killer's retrial

For detailed reports on the crime read these links-

The Murders of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom

The Knoxville Horror: The Crime and the Cover-Up

The Knoxville Horror: Crime, Race, The Media, And "Anti-Racism"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 04:05 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,972,302 times
You are absolutely correct ... the media DID NOT ... WOULD NOT ... cover this horrible crime. With the exception of Knoxville news. Is it because the young couple is white and the four indicted were black?

The young man 23, Christopher Newsom, was repeatedly sodomized with an object and then blindfolded, gagged, arms and feet bound and his head covered. Barefoot, he was dragged outside the house to a set of nearby railroad tracks. He was shot in the back of his head, neck and back and his body was then set on fire.

The young lady 21, Channon Christian a senior at UVA, died after hours of torture, having suffered injuries to her vagina, anus and mouth. She was raped with an unidentified object and beaten in the head. It was also reported that her body was scrubbed with bleach which was also poured down her throat, in an attempt by her attackers to remove DNA evidence, while Channon was still alive. She was then bound with curtains and strips of bedding, her face covered with a trash bag and her body stashed within five large trash bags, before being placed inside a residential waste disposal unit and covered with sheets. The medical examiner said there was evidence that Channon slowly suffocated to death.

I have posted this crime in here on this forum two different times ... when it happened and again recently. But because I posted pictures of the accused pond scum that perpetrated these terrible murders the pictures were deleted by a mod.

This is a heinous crime against two promising young people with a bright future ahead of them. It breaks my heart for the families knowing how these two young people had to suffer and die. There wasn't any marches, no T-Shirts, no outcries at this horror ... it was contained in the Tennessee area. WHY was the media mute on this? This is not right.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:03 AM

13,407 posts, read 28,741,978 times
I am so angry that these poor families have to go through a retrial.
The pond scum that commited these murders, all 4 of them, should never ever see the light of day again.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:41 AM

297 posts, read 520,193 times
There are 16,000 murders every year in the United States, so I am not getting why it is such a media conspiracy that the media did not cover this case. Most murders are local stories. A few will make the national news when they occur. The ones that manage to get national coverage for months or even years are extremely rare. The victims were living promising lives, but many victims are, and they don't all get national coverage. It was an extremely brutal murder, but so are many murders. There is no mystery. There is no doubt about the guilt of the defendants. It's one of those cases where you go "That's horrible" and move on with your life. The only time I ever see someone mention it online is so they can scream about ~reverse racism and ~media conspiracy. Why should this case have gotten the media coverage that Trayvon Martin, JonBenet Ramsey, OJ Simpson, or Jodi Arias have received?

Old 03-28-2013, 11:31 AM

1,566 posts, read 2,160,835 times
I am so sick to my stomach after reading those articles posted. My heart goes out to the victims and their families.

Old 03-28-2013, 01:32 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,168,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler92 View Post
There are 16,000 murders every year in the United States, so I am not getting why it is such a media conspiracy that the media did not cover this case. Most murders are local stories. A few will make the national news when they occur. The ones that manage to get national coverage for months or even years are extremely rare. The victims were living promising lives, but many victims are, and they don't all get national coverage. It was an extremely brutal murder, but so are many murders. There is no mystery. There is no doubt about the guilt of the defendants. It's one of those cases where you go "That's horrible" and move on with your life. The only time I ever see someone mention it online is so they can scream about ~reverse racism and ~media conspiracy. Why should this case have gotten the media coverage that Trayvon Martin, JonBenet Ramsey, OJ Simpson, or Jodi Arias have received?
Two of the three websites linked by the OP are blatantly racist so the agenda is clear.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:31 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,310,193 times
I saw this on either Dateline or 48 hours some time ago. A repulsive crime, to say the least.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:32 PM

297 posts, read 520,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Two of the three websites linked by the OP are blatantly racist so the agenda is clear.
Yep. I feel very bad for the families of these victims. Not only were their loved ones brutally murdered, but their case became the pet case of racists everywhere. Has the family ever came out and complained about there not being more media attention? Not everyone who has a family member killed wants their face plastered all over the news, especially when the case has been solved. Not everyone wants the trial for their loved's one murder to be the new Jodi Arias or Casey Anthony trial. How horrible for your loved ones case to be on every white supremacists website, and for every KKK member, being "obsessed" with it.

It's obvious that the reason why people get so worked up over this specific crime not being covered extensively is because they want it to create racial tension. They dream of seeing it on CNN or Yahoo, and reading thousands of racist comments about black people. They wanted it to get massive coverage, so it would get massive outrage, and there would be a massive showing of racism. It's like their wet dream.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:45 PM

941 posts, read 1,915,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldyViolet View Post
I am so sick to my stomach after reading those articles posted. My heart goes out to the victims and their families.
Absolutely dispicable. I don't care what people say about why it did or didn't get a lot of coverage due to racial reasons, I just can't beleive anyone person or persons would reach this level of torture on a person. I hope they get the most severe punishment possible. Sickos.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:53 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,053,813 times
People who engage in the kinds of horrendous violence depicted here really don't care about the racial makeup of their victims.

It would be nice if people could express their sincere outrage about incidents of this nature, without exploiting the crimes to support their own racist agendas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime