Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 10:47 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I don't treat it "casually" at all. I suppose I could accuse you of being "casual" about 40+ years in the tank and the significance of people turning their lives around from when they were very young. But then, that's kind of stupid, isn't it? Assigning emotions to an anonymous person on an internet message board based upon a single post? Yeah, kind of stupid.

Again, if we're going to state that good behavior, reformation and danger to society don't really matter, then let's have the integrity to just be honest about it from the outset and not go through these silly charade hearings.

Given the fact that, as I said, felons who've been sentenced to life imprisonment should serve that sentence, I'd wager that I'm one of the many people who'd love to put an end to "these silly charade hearings." I'd also wager that the surviving family members of the victims of these heinous crimes feel the same way.

For those still unclear, the committment offense is allowed to be considered on its own, despite any "reformation" that may have occurred, in deciding whether or not to grant parole. That's exactly what's being done here.

As I also said before, you pay for your thrills, and Van Houten won't be released. I'm one of the legions of people who won't be losing sleep over it.

Old 11-17-2014, 04:23 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Manson is apparently eligible for a marriage license. Unbelievable.
AP Exclusive: Charles Manson gets marriage license

Old 11-17-2014, 04:48 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Not really. The right to marry is a fundamental civil right, understood as such by the United States Supreme Court as early as the 19th century and reiterated by the Court at least 13 times since then.

That this right is enjoyed even by prison inmates was decided in Turner v. Safely (1987). While four Justices partially dissented from the opinion of the Court, they specifically concurred with the ruling as it pertained to marriage (the case was about multiple issues - the partial dissent pertained to other isses of the case).
http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=482&invol=78

Old 11-17-2014, 04:50 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post

Ewww..It is...let me throw in one of these

Old 11-17-2014, 05:55 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Ewww..It is...let me throw in one of these
What is even more bizarre is the number of women who write to inmates and marry inmates while they are still incarcerated. To each his own.

But what some of these women don't know is how some inmates share their "love letters" with their fellow offenders and how many women send "their man" money.

There are prison internet forums used by family members and spouses of inmates.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:32 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
What is even more bizarre is the number of women who write to inmates and marry inmates while they are still incarcerated. To each his own.

But what some of these women don't know is how some inmates share their "love letters" with their fellow offenders and how many women send "their man" money.

There are prison internet forums used by family members and spouses of inmates.

A couple of old threads on high profile inmates and women they marry. Typically, there's an element of delusion regarding innocence.

Its possible she's looking at the lucrative aspect in accessing Manson files.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:04 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,727,966 times
After reading the latest Mansion biography, I have come to believe that Charlie doesn't do anything unless there's something in it for Charlie. He is a sociopath -- manipulative, self-serving, a user and incapable of loving others. If he is marrying this young lady, it is not out of love and certainly not for sex because they won't get conjugal privileges. It is only because, as his legal wife, she will be useful to him in some way.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:20 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,763,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
After reading the latest Mansion biography, I have come to believe that Charlie doesn't do anything unless there's something in it for Charlie. He is a sociopath -- manipulative, self-serving, a user and incapable of loving others. If he is marrying this young lady, it is not out of love and certainly not for sex because they won't get conjugal privileges. It is only because, as his legal wife, she will be useful to him in some way.
Well, she already got his name back in the paper for a minute! That's worth everything to him.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:37 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
I have come to believe that Charlie doesn't do anything unless there's something in it for Charlie. He is a sociopath -- manipulative, self-serving, a user and incapable of loving others. If he is marrying this young lady, it is not out of love. It is only because, as his legal wife, she will be useful to him in some way.
Interesting to see that he has, once again, been able to manipulate a young person. The 26-year-old whom he's marrying moved to California as a teenager and has visited him in prison for seven years. Sad.
Manson would be latest high-profile killer to marry while in prison - LA Times

Old 12-01-2014, 11:36 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
What is it about that ugly old monster-fart that STILL attracts some folks?
I'm not talking about biographers or anyone like that, but his "fans".
They are mentally ill, just not bad enough that they cannot function to some extent in society.

Either that or they are trying to use the notoriety for their own gain.

If you are a 20yo pretty gal studying journalism....landing an interview with Manson could lead to lots of doors opening if it gets you published in a magazine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime