Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 09:15 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,553,551 times

Advertisements

Revealed: Rundown home where the four-year-old 'Greek Maddie' who had been 'abducted from her parents by gypsies' was found

• McCann spokesman says missing children 'can still be out there waiting to be found'
  • Unidentified girl can only speak obscure Roma language
  • Man, 39, and woman, 40, arrested and charged with abducting a minor
  • The girl has fair hair and pale skin and bears no resemblance to them
  • DNA testing proved she was not related to the couple
  • Charity now caring for the girl requests global hunt to find her real parents
By Simon Tomlinson and Craig Mackenzie
PUBLISHED: 10:48 EST, 18 October 2013 | UPDATED: 07:36 EST, 19 October 2013

These are the first pictures of the gypsy camp and the house where a little blonde girl was found by police who believe she was snatched.
The discovery of the youngster known only as Maria will bring 'fresh hope for Madeleine McCann's parents that their daughter will be found alive.

The blue-eyed four-year-old was picked up by police during a routine raid on illegal activities in Roma camps across Greece.
Scroll down for video

Discovery: The house at the Roma camp in Farsala, central Greece, where the four-year-old blonde girl was found this week during a raid by police

Squalid: The Roma camp where police claim they have found 10 children who could be victims of child trafficking

Rubbish-strewn: The camp in Greece where Maria was found. Police have launched an international appeal to discover her identity

Missing and found: Madeleine McCann vanished on May 3, 2007 from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal while police are appealing for help identifying this blonde girl, known only as Maria, who was found on a gypsy camp in Greece after she was allegedly abducted

Kate and Gerry McCann's spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: 'Every time a child is recovered in circumstances like this it gives them hope that Madeleine will be found alive too.
[LEFT]
Read more: Inside the camp where blonde girl, four, was found after being 'abducted by gypsies' | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 02:20 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times
This is NOT Madeliene. So, not sure what the point is of this...? Don't see any connection here...

Last edited by jasper12; 10-19-2013 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: Edit

Old 10-19-2013, 02:48 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,980,087 times
Well, maybe people who spotted little blonde girls in odd family situations reported these cases and some police followed up, looking for Madeline and found this group. They had 10 children who were not their own and human trafficking is suspected.

How will they ever find the parents of these kids?

At one time didn't some poor families sell their children to strangers?

Maybe there should be a volunteer DNA data bank of people whose family members go missing?

Old 10-19-2013, 03:38 PM

I think there is a perception that all missing children have been murdered, and increasingly it seems this is not the case.

Just because she is not Madeline McGann does not mean her case is not important.

Old 10-19-2013, 03:55 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times
I agree. I just see no connection with this little girl and Madeline McCann. Disconnect.

Maybe it is me... We don't know who this girl is, but she is NOT Maddie.

Old 10-20-2013, 07:44 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,980,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I agree. I just see no connection with this little girl and Madeline McCann. Disconnect.

Maybe it is me... We don't know who this girl is, but she is NOT Maddie.
Yes. You're right, but I do admit that Maddie is the first thing I thought about when I first glanced at the news. Maybe it's just because she's been in the news a lot.

Do you think these gypsies are involved in human sex trafficking? God, such a horrible thought.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Yes. You're right, but I do admit that Maddie is the first thing I thought about when I first glanced at the news. Maybe it's just because she's been in the news a lot.

Do you think these gypsies are involved in human sex trafficking? God, such a horrible thought.
The camp was searched by police a few years ago for a missing Greek Boy after claims he was abducted by gypsies.

Tips pour in after blonde girl 'without an identity' found in Roma camp in Greece - World News

Photos released by police of Maria staring blankly at the camera with muddy hands and scruffy pigtails have dominated the media. Parallels were drawn to the case of Briton Madeleine McCann, who vanished while on holiday in Portugal in 2007, when she was three years old.

The woman had two different identification documents and other papers suggested the couple had up to 14 children, but six were registered as having been born within less than 10 months. They received 2,790 euros ($3,800) a month in child benefits, a police source said.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:16 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,448,074 times
It is extremely interesting (CONNECT) to ME, whether it is to someone else or not.

Connect

Connect

Connect

Old 10-20-2013, 09:28 PM

2,661 posts, read 5,474,171 times
I don't think that all missing children are related to Roma and definitely not Madeleine McCann. Regarding the Madeleine McCann case there were also two younger children that could have been taken as well. Why weren't they taken if a group of Roma are around stealing children. Also Roma would be noticed in that resort very quickly.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:33 AM

297 posts, read 520,139 times
Wouldn't the fact that the little girl's doesn't have the eye condition Maddie has rule out that possibility immediately?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime