Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2015, 06:07 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,178,495 times

Advertisements

The other crime mentioned in post #1806 above is irrelevant. So what?! It was not that similar to the JBR case. There was no ransom note, for one thing. Why the comparison?!

As I said in my last post, the ransom note in the JBR case is the biggest & most suspicious piece of evidence pointing to the parents' guilt. As I said earlier, if JBR had been killed by criminals who wanted ransom money, they would have gone back to retrieve the note after JBR died. They wouldn't have left it for the family to find, since they knew the family would also find the body of JBR eventually.

EVERYTHING points to the parents being involved.

Side-note: I'm discounting the "apparent" JBR "scream" that neighbors said they thought they heard. That could easily have been a dream or their imagination, thinking they heard something after the fact. I.e., after the neighbors heard about the horrible crime, they may have "imagined" they heard the scream that night.

Old 11-16-2015, 07:30 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,578,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
The other crime mentioned in post #1806 above is irrelevant. So what?! It was not that similar to the JBR case. There was no ransom note, for one thing. Why the comparison?!

As I said in my last post, the ransom note in the JBR case is the biggest & most suspicious piece of evidence pointing to the parents' guilt. As I said earlier, if JBR had been killed by criminals who wanted ransom money, they would have gone back to retrieve the note after JBR died. They wouldn't have left it for the family to find, since they knew the family would also find the body of JBR eventually.

EVERYTHING points to the parents being involved.

Side-note: I'm discounting the "apparent" JBR "scream" that neighbors said they thought they heard. That could easily have been a dream or their imagination, thinking they heard something after the fact. I.e., after the neighbors heard about the horrible crime, they may have "imagined" they heard the scream that night.
Comparison makes no more sense than the Ramseys 3 page ransom letter.

Whats posted in 1806 is no less a crime; not a 'So What'.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:24 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,506,598 times
Quote:
I believe it was in response to one of my previous posts where I said I had never heard of a perp raping and/or killing a child in her own home but leaving the rest of the family unharmed. So I guess there are some rare cases of it happening.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:12 PM

26,759 posts, read 26,863,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
I'll sincerely try to apply this theory by imagining I am someone who knows and hates John and wants to extort his bonus money by kidnapping his daughter.
Or some sick-o kids in their late teens/early 20s who have burglarized in the past in the Boulder area successfully, and are looking for some more thrills (this theory has been posted elsewhere here, and I recall initially thinking it was far fetched, but now believe it has some credibility).

Quote:
So I go in with the girl, who writes the note either before or while I take JonBenet from her bed. I'd have to find a way to keep her quiet immediately, so I hit her over the head with a heavy, blunt object and take her down to the exit point (assuming the small room in the sub-basement). My job is done; I should be able to leave with JonBenet safely unconscious or restrained enough so as to not make any noise.
When things appeared to get out of hand.

Quote:
But once there, I then tie a knot around her throat strong enough to strangle her and fashion the garrote with part of Patsy's paintbrush handle that I just happen to pick up. With some object or digitally, I molest her, which I must have done before because her autopsy revealed repeated trauma and inflammation.
She was apparently never molested before. I think Jameson countered the media hype by posting the findings of the MDs who examined her, stating no prior sexual abuse.

Quote:
Why would I do that? If I want the money, I'd leave with the kid but make sure she's only unconscious and/or restrained so as not to make any noise.
...right....if it had worked out the way these intruders had planned.

Quote:
why would I inflict that much damage on the child if I just wanted to kidnap her and get the money? They wouldn't trade a dead daughter for $118,000. They'd want to make sure she was alive.
He dictated the note before he/they ever removed her from her bedroom....as they were going through the home while wasting time looking through drawers or files, waiting for the Ramseys to return.

Quote:
Plus, the woman who reported hearing the scream said it was a "child's scream."
Melody Stanton, who claimed to have heard the scream, later recanted her testimony. Then she said the scream may have been part of a dream she had. There may have been another neighbor who heard a scream; I don't know.

Quote:
though the scream would not have echoed up to the parents' bedroom, it would have gone through the vent straight up to Burke's room, which would have awakened him
Awhile back, you posted a video on one of these threads in which Lou Smit stated that the vent from the basement inside the Ramseys' home had its opening toward the Stantons' home, which could have amplified the sound, yet might not have been heard three stories up inside the Ramseys' house.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:50 PM

927 posts, read 761,001 times
My male cousin was a total sex perv at 5! Hornyhornyhorny

Old 11-17-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I still think that it was two or more people who came in, through one of the unlocked doors. The young woman wrote the ransom note, dictated by one of the other young men. I read somewhere on a statement analysis of the RN that usage of words such as "scanned," "monitor," "execution," etc, pointed toward a person who was familiar with the computer world (remember that this was 1996). The men/man either had something against Access Graphics, John Ramsey, or simply came across information while waiting in the house until the Ramseys returned from the Whites, possibly finding the bonus paycheck stub of $118,000, etc. They had watched movies with the phrases, "she dies," "die," etc. (already discussed on one of these threads). They did not intend to kill JonBenet initially. The scream came from the woman when she realized what he/they did. They probably didn't intend to leave the RN, but bolted out of the house.
So, you're telling me that a group of criminals got into the house undetected by the Ramseys, committed the crime without waking anyone up, then were so sloppy that they left the RN behind - even though the RN is the main piece of evidence that could tie them to the heinous crime?! Makes no sense. If they're smart/savvy enough to have broken into the house undetected & committed the crime without being heard (as I said in my last post, I'm discounting the scream the neighbor(s) allegedly heard), it doesn't follow that they would also have run out of the house & left the RN for the Ramsey's to find the next day. How difficult would it have been to have just gone back & simply retrieved the note?!

And, why are there at least two criminals here? Why not 1? And, why is one a woman?

Old 11-17-2015, 09:04 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,064,237 times
Quote:
So, you're telling me that a group of criminals got into the house undetected by the Ramseys, committed the crime without waking anyone up, then were so sloppy that they left the RN behind - even though the RN is the main piece of evidence that could tie them to the heinous crime?! Makes no sense. If they're smart/savvy enough to have broken into the house undetected & committed the crime without being heard (as I said in my last post, I'm discounting the scream the neighbor(s) allegedly heard), it doesn't follow that they would also have run out of the house & left the RN for the Ramsey's to find the next day. How difficult would it have been to have just gone back & simply retrieved the note?!

And, why are there at least two criminals here? Why not 1? And, why is one a woman?
Many times criminals will leave behind a GLARING piece of evidence in the heat of the moment. That's how a lot of them get caught.

After they accidently killed her in the basement, in their panic to escape the scene, they just plain old forgot about the note.

BTW, I am not saying this is what happened, because I can't make up my mind what I think happened.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:07 PM

Well, I just don't buy that any potential criminals would have left the RN behind. Plus, even if I did buy that (which I don't), there are too many clues in the RN that lead me to believe that the R.'s themselves wrote this.

Old 11-18-2015, 06:59 AM

26,759 posts, read 26,863,324 times
Quote:
So, you're telling me that a group of criminals got into the house undetected by the Ramseys, committed the crime without waking anyone up, then were so sloppy that they left the RN behind - And, why are there at least two criminals here? Why not 1? And, why is one a woman?
Scroll back, BLD....lots of theories have been suggested on these Ramsey threads. (And, as Annie pointed out, we of course have no idea what happened....just hypothesizing.) They were sloppy because they weren't professional, they hadn't thought out their crime, and they panicked. They got in when the Ramseys were at the Whites. The house was huge, it would have been easy not to hear anything. One suspect might have been a woman because the RN appeared to have a feminine quality to it.

Also, Tobiashen recently posted the Barbara Walters interview, which is very interesting to watch. At one point it's stated that there is actually NO physical evidence pointing to either John or Patsy Ramsey as the killer.

Another part of that interview that's fascinating: the few minutes that Walters quizzes them on whether either did, in, fact, kill their daughter. Watch their faces, language, body movement. Watch Patsy remove a glove that she kept of JonBenet's, and watch her eyes as she speaks. I just don't believe either one of them was capable of this crime. All the other parents of children whom they killed (Susan Smith, Casey Anthony, that woman who drowned her kids in her bathtub...can't think of her name, Josh Powell, etc) had some kind of history of mental or emotional instability....some sort of previous sign. Despite what the media and police tried to uncover about either Ramsey, none of this was found.

And back in 1996, I thought that of course they were suspects.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:08 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,650,654 times
Quote:
Awhile back, you posted a video on one of these threads in which Lou Smit stated that the vent from the basement inside the Ramseys' home had its opening toward the Stantons' home, which could have amplified the sound, yet might not have been heard three stories up inside the Ramseys' house.
I remember that video; you're right. I believe it was Lou Smit, the private investigator who was filmed doing a walk-through to determine how sound traveled through the vents. That house (if you count the basement) has four "floors!"

The parents slept on the third floor; JonBenet and Burke's bedrooms were on the second floor, and Burke's bedroom (see diagram at link below) was directly above the basement where JonBenet was found.

Ramsey Boulder Home Floor Plans

If you scroll down to "Second Floor," look at Burke's bedroom; then scroll down to "Basement," where it points to the air duct (3). That's directly below Burke's bedroom. But that may not even be an issue, because Ms. Stanton did change her story, as I understand.

Quote:
Another part of that interview that's fascinating: the few minutes that Walters quizzes them on whether either did, in, fact, kill their daughter. Watch their faces, language, body movement. Watch Patsy remove a glove that she kept of JonBenet's, and watch her eyes as she speaks. I just don't believe either one of them was capable of this crime. All the other parents of children whom they killed (Susan Smith, Casey Anthony, that woman who drowned her kids in her bathtub...can't think of her name, Josh Powell, etc) had some kind of history of mental or emotional instability....some sort of previous sign. Despite what the media and police tried to uncover about either Ramsey, none of this was found.

And back in 1996, I thought that of course they were suspects.
Regarding the bolded above, I agree; she was deeply distressed, sad, missed her daughter, and so did John. NO one could act that well. I don't believe they did it, either. I think she wrote the note to protect Burke.

But I may change my mind again. We just don't know exactly what happened. Maybe one day we will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime