Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2015, 06:58 PM

26,750 posts, read 26,850,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
This is a huge, red flag.
Actually, it isn't. See post #1859.

"(In a period of four years), she was here three times for annual well-child visits, one time for stomach ache, one time for vaginitis, one time for a bruised nose from a fall at a local market, and 21 times for colds, sinusitis, ear infections, bronchitis, pneumonia, hay fever, and possible asthma. A pretty wide spectrum of generally allergy and respiratory system associated problems which are not uncommon with kids her age."

Old 12-10-2015, 09:00 PM

551 posts, read 583,380 times
I can't believe it's been nearly 20 years since this happened

Such a bizarre case. I think it will never be solved. I think that's in part due to the fact the most likely perpetrator is deceased now herself. Much of what happened to JonBenet, outside the head blow, comes down to accounting, I believe. Pasty concocted a bizarre story that account for anything that could potentially point her direction.

For instance, the noose around JB's neck. Ever notice, in the photos, that there is more going on than that single furrow where the cord digs in? There appears to be a parallel linear abrasion below it as well as it other marks. I wonder if a linear mark like that could be caused by someone gripping the back of her turtleneck, and yanking HARD. Someone who was frustrated and completely losing control. Remember jb was wearing the red turtleneck when she went to bed..or so Patsy initially claimed (Thomas, p122).

Now why would the top JB was wearing when she went to bed be something Patsy would want to cover up, unless it linked her to JB's death? Perhaps the rope was placed around her neck to detract from or account for the other marks already there.

I think also, Patsy carefully tried to clean the vaginal area in hopes it wouldn't be focused on. Apparently blood was wiped away, why bother with that?

As far as the head injury, that's an enigma. I think there was a violent confrontation in the bathroom which may have included a physical scuffle, causing Patsy to grip the back of JB's turtleneck and fling her down in a rage..ending up with the skull fracture. However I don't know if that alone would generate the kind of force necessary to cause such a large fracture, including a displacement of bone.

For me the two tells are the RN (everything about it, down to the Sharpe being placed back in the cup) and the lights witnesses saw in the kitchen. No way an intruder would turn a light on, no way.

I don't feel John Ramsey knew about this. I sense he and Patsy were not close, and he probably never really knew her deep down. After all, she was a trophy kind of wife. I bet there was much she hid from him, including rages that maybe only the children were privy to.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:50 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,177,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Actually, it isn't. See post #1859.

"(In a period of four years), she was here three times for annual well-child visits, one time for stomach ache, one time for vaginitis, one time for a bruised nose from a fall at a local market, and 21 times for colds, sinusitis, ear infections, bronchitis, pneumonia, hay fever, and possible asthma. A pretty wide spectrum of generally allergy and respiratory system associated problems which are not uncommon with kids her age."
Bull! Even as someone who has no children, I don't believe that it's typical for kids that age (or any age) to go to the doctor that much - unless they've got a serious illness, and/or something suspicious is going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostoneunturned View Post
For me the two tells are the RN (everything about it, down to the Sharpe being placed back in the cup) and the lights witnesses saw in the kitchen. No way an intruder would turn a light on, no way.

I don't feel John Ramsey knew about this. I sense he and Patsy were not close, and he probably never really knew her deep down. After all, she was a trophy kind of wife. I bet there was much she hid from him, including rages that maybe only the children were privy to.
Forgot (or never knew) about the light in the kitchen - if it's true that people did indeed see a light, completely agree intruders wouldn't turn this on - no way - they would be too afraid of someone in the house seeing this.

I go back & forth thinking either Patsy or the brother did this. Obviously, we don't know for sure either way. However, what I am sure about is that one or more people in the family were 100% involved here. And, it's very obvious to me that Patsy wrote the RN.

I'm uncertain about JR's involvement/knowledge about the crime. Initially I thought he was in on the whole thing, but then I read (on this thread, possibly) that it's possible that he knew nothing about this, and that his reaction on finding the body of JBR in the basement was completely genuine. Hmmmmmm.....I think if this was the case, then he must have been asleep while all of this was going on re: the death of JBR, the writing of the RN, etc. Not sure I buy this, however...

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 12-10-2015 at 11:15 PM..

Old 12-12-2015, 01:25 PM

26,750 posts, read 26,850,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Bull!
Such a mature way of disagreeing with others' opinions.

Quote:
Even as someone who has no children, I don't believe that it's typical for kids that age (or any age) to go to the doctor that much - unless they've got a serious illness, and/or something suspicious is going on.
As someone who's raised two children, I can vouch for the fact that it's actually quite common to have to visit a pediatrician for a multitude of childhood issues. 27 pediatric visits in 4 years is not unusual at all.

(This particular issue has also been debated ad nauseum on these threads.)

Old 12-12-2015, 02:34 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,661,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Such a mature way of disagreeing with others' opinions.

As someone who's raised two children, I can vouch for the fact that it's actually quite common to have to visit a pediatrician for a multitude of childhood issues. 27 pediatric visits in 4 years is not unusual at all.

(This particular issue has also been debated ad nauseum on these threads.)
Totally agree those little kids are germ breeders...now the uti is unusual but not unheard of(do to incorrect wiping).

Old 12-12-2015, 08:04 PM

1,562 posts, read 1,493,436 times
Quote:
Bull! Even as someone who has no children, I don't believe that it's typical for kids that age (or any age) to go to the doctor that much - unless they've got a serious illness, and/or something suspicious is going on.

Forgot (or never knew) about the light in the kitchen - if it's true that people did indeed see a light, completely agree intruders wouldn't turn this on - no way - they would be too afraid of someone in the house seeing this.

I go back & forth thinking either Patsy or the brother did this. Obviously, we don't know for sure either way. However, what I am sure about is that one or more people in the family were 100% involved here. And, it's very obvious to me that Patsy wrote the RN.

I'm uncertain about JR's involvement/knowledge about the crime. Initially I thought he was in on the whole thing, but then I read (on this thread, possibly) that it's possible that he knew nothing about this, and that his reaction on finding the body of JBR in the basement was completely genuine. Hmmmmmm.....I think if this was the case, then he must have been asleep while all of this was going on re: the death of JBR, the writing of the RN, etc. Not sure I buy this, however...
I'm not convinced that Patsy wrote the RN. Could I ask you to explain why you see this as very obvious?

Old 12-14-2015, 09:32 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,177,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
I'm not convinced that Patsy wrote the RN. Could I ask you to explain why you see this as very obvious?
See the below links:

Analysis Of The JonBenet Ramsey Ransom Note

The Ransom Note Probability

Disguised Handwriting: Unmasking The Ramsey Ransom Note - Expert Handwriting AnalysisExpert Handwriting Analysis

After reading all of this & even other articles about the case, I can't see how anyone would truly believe that PR didn't write the RN.

Old 12-15-2015, 05:39 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,493,436 times
Quote:
See the below links:

Analysis Of The JonBenet Ramsey Ransom Note

The Ransom Note Probability

Disguised Handwriting: Unmasking The Ramsey Ransom Note - Expert Handwriting AnalysisExpert Handwriting Analysis

After reading all of this & even other articles about the case, I can't see how anyone would truly believe that PR didn't write the RN.
Two of your links offer no conclusion as to who wrote the RN. The second is so flawed in its reasoning, I'm not sure where to begin. Without getting into a statistical debate, that the RN shares similar characteristics to Patsy's writing is just not sufficient to conclude she wrote it. None of the shared characteristics found in the RN are so unique as to represent a "signature".

Additionally(and maybe more importantly), the fact that the RN doesn't share similar characteristics with another person is not sufficient to eliminate them. Consider: If 25% of people dot their "i"s with a vertical line, and we find this in the RN, can we eliminate the other 75%? Of course not. It was written in disguise, or possibly even traced, so how can anyone be conclusively eliminated as the author?

If examined, my writing(and many other's) would likely share a number of similarities with the RN. That wouldn't allow us to conclude that I wrote it. Is there some way you can positively conclude that I didn't write the RN?

Old 12-15-2015, 08:59 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,574,462 times
Hundreds upon hundreds of interviews, all for one purpose; to clear themselves publicly.

In what percentage of interviews do Ramseys plead with the public stressing the need to apprehend their childs killer?

Old 12-18-2015, 04:54 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,848,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostoneunturned View Post
I can't believe it's been nearly 20 years since this happened

Such a bizarre case. I think it will never be solved. I think that's in part due to the fact the most likely perpetrator is deceased now herself. Much of what happened to JonBenet, outside the head blow, comes down to accounting, I believe. Pasty concocted a bizarre story that account for anything that could potentially point her direction.

As far as the head injury, that's an enigma. I think there was a violent confrontation in the bathroom which may have included a physical scuffle, causing Patsy to grip the back of JB's turtleneck and fling her down in a rage..ending up with the skull fracture. However I don't know if that alone would generate the kind of force necessary to cause such a large fracture, including a displacement of bone.

Jon Bonet was so young. Poor little one, how she must have suffered. I will never forget that Christmas. They lived in a storybook looking house. Did they live a storybook life? We never know what goes on behind closed doors.

Beautiful precious little girl. Her bones were still forming, growing. How old was she? I think she could have suffered massive injuries, if in the bathroom or where ever the accident happened, I have never thought this was an intentional act of violence. Patsy may have mixed alcohol with medications; with an adverse affect on her brain. I think she lost her temper and then everything went from bad to horribly wrong.

Patsy may have caught John messing with his beautiful little child, or JB wet her bed; Patsy lost it.

Too bad they did not call for help right away. Of course, these are just my theories. what ever happened on that fateful night, it was a tragedy for those children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime