Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 12:26 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times

Advertisements

There was more then one photo but none of a girl and boy gagged in the backseat of a car. There are multiple photos here that are supposedly of Johnny if you are willing to scroll through that go beyond the "Florida case photos" http://www.johnnygosch.com/

Here is one news article about the "Florida photos". The police in Florida were going to look through case files to find the photo that they claim to already have. It was never found or released after this news article was written.
Probe Over Boys' Photos Continues | KCCI Home - KCCI Home

I have no idea if there is truth to what Noreen Gosch claims but it is interesting.

Last edited by MissTerri; 05-26-2016 at 01:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 04:40 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,254,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
There was more then one photo but none of a girl and boy gagged in the backseat of a car. There are multiple photos here that are supposedly of Johnny if you are willing to scroll through that go beyond the "Florida case photos" The Johnny Gosch Foundation

Here is one news article about the "Florida photos". The police in Florida were going to look through case files to find the photo that they claim to already have. It was never found or released after this news article was written.
Probe Over Boys' Photos Continues | KCCI Home - KCCI Home

I have no idea if there is truth to what Noreen Gosch claims but it is interesting.
Ok.. Here's the photo I'm thinking about..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Calico

Over on the right hand side.. That's the.. Rather famous photo that I was thinking of.. I had thought that was one that had been sent to Noreen Gosch.

Old 05-26-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Ok.. Here's the photo I'm thinking about..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Calico

Over on the right hand side.. That's the.. Rather famous photo that I was thinking of.. I had thought that was one that had been sent to Noreen Gosch.
No, that's a different case and the boy in the photo is too young to be Johnny Gosch and also doesn't look like him. The boy was speculated to be, Michael Henley, who also had disappeared in New Mexico in 1988. Later on they found out that the boy was not Michael as his remains were found close by the campsite that he had disappeared from years later. No matter what. The photo is creepy.

Last edited by MissTerri; 05-26-2016 at 05:18 PM..

Old 06-02-2016, 11:13 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,865,904 times
Peter Citroen may have some of the answers. The Pedophiles in the Omaha, Lincoln and Des Moine area are very influential in both Political Parties. John Van DeCamp has done some interesting research on the topic.

Old 06-18-2016, 01:49 PM

53 posts, read 89,258 times
I think Noreen is (understandably) grasping at straws re: the faint possibility that her son is alive.

The fact is, there was a rash of purported abductions of boys in Iowa and Minnesota in the 80s...Johnny Gosch, Eugene Wade Martin, Marc James-Warren Allen, then you have Jacob Wetterling in '89 and the sexual assaults on boys that took place in Minnesota around that time, the unsuccessful kidnapping of another boy, all leading up to the Wetterling disappearance.

Johnny Gosch: disappears in '82 from West Des Moines
Eugene Wade Matin: disappears in '84 from Des Moines
Marc James-Warren Allen: disappears in '86 from Des Moines

Also in the 1980s:

-A boy known as "Jared" was kidnapped in Minnesota but fortunately got away; this man believes the same guy who abducted him was the same guy who kidnapped Jacob Wetterling
-There at least 6 unsolved sexual assaults of boys in Minnesota in the years before Wetterling was abducted
-The actual Wetterling kidnapping which took place in '89

Hmm, something tells me these may not be isolated events!

*Info on the Minnesota cases: New Developments Revealed In Jacob Wetterling Abduction Case « WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Old 06-20-2016, 03:46 PM

Very interesting, Sunshine. Johnny Gosch's kidnapping is almost identical to Eugene Wade Martin's. They were both folding papers, preparing to deliver them when they were seen talking with an unknown man prior to disappearing, leaving their papers behind. Both lived in the same city and delivered newspapers for the same newspaper company. Marc James Warren Allen disappeared after leaving his house to walk to a friends. He never made it. Unfortunately, no witnesses. Being that this happened in Des Moines, two years after the last kidnapping makes one think that his disappearance is likely related to the first two.

The crimes in Minnesota were creepy. A man attacked a number of boys in the small town of Paynesville over a period of time. The suspect in Jared's case has finally been found and confirmed via DNA and he is also the suspect in Wetterling's kidnapping. It is plausible that the same man could have been involved in the Des Moines cases as well. The two areas are not really that far away from one another. It is known that the suspect in Minnesota lived in Paynesville during the period of time when the attacks were happening. I wonder if there is any evidence that he lived in or visited Des Moines during the time Gosch, Martin and Allen disappeared.

Very creepy cases. All of them.

This is a blog that I found when looking for more info on the Wetterling abduction. It's very detailed and talks about the Paynesville assaults as well. Sharing for anyone interested. She started blogging about his case in 2010 and has continued on to present day. The first post can be found here: Where are you Jacob? | [ j o y . t h e . c u r i o u s ]

Old 06-21-2016, 04:18 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,760,432 times
Here's the thing about Noreen Gosch. I saw her in a talk-show interview years ago and she explained how Johnny came home one night, a grown man, and told her he's been kept as a sex slave all these years and she should stop looking for him because he would no longer fit in with their family anyway, being a male prostitute and all. AND SHE SAYS SHE JUST LET HIM LEAVE, without getting his phone number, his license tag number, an address where he could be reached, anything. Even if that really happened, what is she hoping for here by announcing this on national TV? The police aren't going to go out hunting for an adult man who has said in so many words that he does not want to be found. I think she is just trying to keep his case alive. The sad frikkin' truth is that without her stirring the pot he would be forgotten by everyone. But she's stirring with the wrong stick!

Old 06-22-2016, 04:42 PM

7,636 posts, read 8,707,635 times
What I wonder is, if that visit were true, what could be the motive for Johnny to make that visit, and for the person accompanying him who's apparently a controller to approve such a visit? If I remember right she said the visit lasted an hour or so, so a lot had been said during that time, the content of which has not been disclosed by her.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:42 AM

593 posts, read 667,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Here's the thing about Noreen Gosch. I saw her in a talk-show interview years ago and she explained how Johnny came home one night, a grown man, and told her he's been kept as a sex slave all these years and she should stop looking for him because he would no longer fit in with their family anyway, being a male prostitute and all. AND SHE SAYS SHE JUST LET HIM LEAVE, without getting his phone number, his license tag number, an address where he could be reached, anything. Even if that really happened, what is she hoping for here by announcing this on national TV? The police aren't going to go out hunting for an adult man who has said in so many words that he does not want to be found. I think she is just trying to keep his case alive. The sad frikkin' truth is that without her stirring the pot he would be forgotten by everyone. But she's stirring with the wrong stick!

Bingo!! You don't search for your missing kid for 20+ years and then let him walk right out the front door without trying everything in your power and then some to keep them there. Personally, i do not think she said this to keep the case alive though. Rather, i think the years and years of stress and fleeting hope manifested itself into this lie that she so badly wants to believe. Maybe she even really believes it, losing a kid tragically will do crazy things to parents.

Regardless, i would bet every penny i have ever earned that Johnny is dead, and has been for years. He was most likely killed within 6 months of being taken and even that is extremely generous.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:47 AM

You never know. There have been kids found alive long after their abductions. Colleen Stan was even allowed to visit her family once, years before she was finally freed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnap...f_Colleen_Stan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Stayner
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natascha_Kampusch
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Smart
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Hornbeck_Foundation
Abby Drover
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime