Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2016, 02:24 AM

4 posts, read 2,937 times

Advertisements

Check this out :

Wolf whistling to become a hate crime: Nottinghamshire Police cracks down on misogyny*

Nottinghamshire Police records misogyny as a hate crime - BBC News

The future of dating looks like so much fun, don't you think?

Old 07-14-2016, 06:52 AM

36,846 posts, read 31,130,574 times
Is that how they date in the UK?
I think classifying that as a hate crime is over the top but then I think the entire idea of a hate crime is stupid.

Old 07-14-2016, 09:58 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,905,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orson View Post
Dating? I guess my daughter and I were recently on a "double date" then, according to that line of thinking....

She was helping me take all of the garbage out to the end of the driveway in the dark. (Curbside clean-up Day) and a group of 20-something guys were walking down the street. 1 or 2 started whistling and commenting loudly. I became frightened because I couldn't see them, just wanted to ignore them and go about my business quickly. They were getting louder and closer though.

She, being of this generation, got really mad and stood there with her middle finger in the air. I grabbed her by the arm whispering, "you don't pissoff a group men in the dark who are acting aggressively" and quickly pulled her into the garage, frantically looking for the garage door opener hoping I hadn't left it in the garbage. She didn't understand my "running away" but this is actually not a fun dating time situation to be in. In fact I was picturing it as being the last thing I remember before one of us disappeared.

I wouldn't have minded if the police were nearby, at least I wouldn't have felt like I was in a scary movie, trying to move as fast as I could without twisting my ankle or falling down to get the rolling garbage can and recyclables in the right spot.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:10 AM

22,745 posts, read 47,993,695 times
Not sure what that article has to do with dating OR the twilight zone....
it is about sexual harassment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime