Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 12:11 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,104,077 times

Advertisements

I haven't seen this thread created so let's how the year goes for robberies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2017, 12:24 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,866,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
Robberies are usually not tallied in newspaper articles or publications like homicides are.

There are some police department that have daily, weekly, monthly updates to all crimes including robberies.

I think it is interesting how some police departments will manipulate assault and robbery numbers to make the cities look good on paper, but homicides are the only indicator that is hard to manipulate.

Some cities I noticed try manipulate even the homicide numbers, I can only imagine what they do to the other numbers.

Old 01-01-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Robberies are usually not tallied in newspaper articles or publications like homicides are.

There are some police department that have daily, weekly, monthly updates to all crimes including robberies.

I think it is interesting how some police departments will manipulate assault and robbery numbers to make the cities look good on paper, but homicides are the only indicator that is hard to manipulate.

Some cities I noticed try manipulate even the homicide numbers, I can only imagine what they do to the other numbers.
This should be a small challenge. The post robbies like homicides just have to be more Attentive on the weekly or monthly basis.

Old 01-02-2017, 11:09 PM

Diamondhead , Ms -1
Armed robber holds up Diamondhead motel - WDAM-TV 7-News, Weather, Sports-Hattiesburg, MS

Old 01-02-2017, 11:37 PM

112 posts, read 154,423 times
Quote:
No let's just keep it at murders

Old 01-03-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medweedfeelsgood View Post
No let's just keep it at murders
It's rather macabre to keep focusing on homicides year to year. Additionally your average tourists faces a larger chance of being robbed than randomly being killed. I also notice nobody made a suicide thread but I'm sticking to Robberies.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:28 AM

Last year: Chicago - 11,702 (450 per 100k)

Old 01-03-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
It's rather macabre to keep focusing on homicides year to year. Additionally your average tourists faces a larger chance of being robbed than randomly being killed. I also notice nobody made a suicide thread but I'm sticking to Robberies.
Yeah but where ever the murders happen usually has a high crime rate too including robberies. The tourist usually don't go to these areas because it really is bad and high tourism places will have higher stats because it's tourism. Lastly tourist are not the only people robbed and who gives about the tourist let's talk about how bad a place is to live in.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medweedfeelsgood View Post
Yeah but where ever the murders happen usually has a high crime rate too including robberies. The tourist usually don't go to these areas because it really is bad and high tourism places will have higher stats because it's tourism. Lastly tourist are not the only people robbed and who gives about the tourist let's talk about how bad a place is to live in.
Why so enthusiastic about how bad a place to live in when it's the same infrastructure like the next American city? It's always the same regurgitated low income high poverty areas. Robberies on the other hand takes place anywhere and anytime coupled with how it's committed too.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Why so enthusiastic about how bad a place to live in when it's the same infrastructure like the next American city? It's always the same regurgitated low income high poverty areas. Robberies on the other hand takes place anywhere and anytime coupled with how it's committed too.
Lmao well you want to talk about robberies basically the same regurgitated toursist areas like the next American city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime