Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 07:15 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
I saw that episode too. And, they kept wanting to come back to her boyfriend as being the killer.

It was sad how he still got all choked up when talking about it. Poor guy.
Finally after 46 yrs, they got the right fellow.

Amazed at how they weren't going to give up on this case!
True detectives.
I went to Western Hills a few years ahead of this murder with her older sister. Her BF, Rodney was the QB on the Football team who everyone loved. He lived under the cloud of suspicion for 45+ years that he was the one who killed her.

Glad to see he was involved with the Dateline story and that his life turned out well. He has stayed low key and silent for all these years.

Now if they would solve the disappearance of the 3 local teen girls who disappeared at that same time to never be seen again. But they don't have any bodies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Worth_Missing_Trio

Quote:
The Fort Worth Missing Trio refers to an unsolved missing persons case that began on December 23, 1974, when three girls – Mary Rachel Trlica, Lisa Renee Wilson, and Julie Ann Moseley – went missing while Christmas shopping at the Seminary South Shopping Center in Fort Worth, Texas, United States. The car the girls were driving, a 1972 Oldsmobile 98, was left behind in the Sears parking lot at the mall; the girls have not been seen since.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2022, 06:07 PM

10,832 posts, read 14,927,894 times
I love stories like this.

He's still married to his wife and I feel sorry for her being married to someone for 50 years and never knowing who they really were.

It appears, and I hope it is so, the days of getting away with a sexual assault is about over.

Old 02-21-2022, 08:59 PM

927 posts, read 968,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It does seem a little unbelievable that he committed this one incredibly brazen act of kidnapping/homicide and hasn't harmed anyone else.
Yeah, too unbelievable.He's got other victims.

Old 02-21-2022, 09:03 PM

927 posts, read 968,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I love stories like this.

He's still married to his wife and I feel sorry for her being married to someone for 50 years and never knowing who they really were.

It appears, and I hope it is so, the days of getting away with a sexual assault is about over.
Same story with Dennis Rader, family had no idea. Got to have pity on them also.

Old 08-13-2023, 04:21 PM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
It's great to hear that this crime has been solved. I can't figure out why this same method can't be used to find the JonBenet Ramsey killer.
Jon Bonet's dad has been trying to get them to test DNA for a while and they refuse to do it.

Old 08-13-2023, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Saw the episode last night. For those saying they find it hard to believe he didn’t kill other women they are likely right. In an interview with detectives the killer seemed to confuse where he left Carla’s body. Saying he left it by a building when he left Carla under a culvert in under a road in the middle of nowhere. He also said he was “pretty sure” he didn’t kill anyone else. That he was “not that drunk”.

It was funny that the killers wife helped blow holes in his alibi when she said she was out of town during the murder and he was home by himself. And that he wasn’t DNA tested back in 1974 because they didn’t have the technology then. It was almost as if she wanted her husband to go to jail.

Not sure if it would help other cases but I would try to interview his wife again and find out what other weekends or weeks she was out of town that would have allowed her husband time to commit another murder.
We saw it last night. I don't think we have ever laughed during an episode of Dateline before. It was a 1 2 punch. First she said she was not home that weekend blowing up his alibi and then she reminded him that no, he had never been DNA tested. lol

Old 08-13-2023, 04:26 PM

I agree. This guy likely murdered other people. What a slime he was.

I hope that Rodney has a good rest of his life. My heart was breaking for him. I was soooo hoping he didn't do it.

Old 08-13-2023, 05:59 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
McCurley died in Prison back on July 15 2023 without giving up any other murders he might have committed. The truth may have died with him.

At least they were able to put the Walker case to rest before he passed.

https://twitter.com/JoshMankiewicz/s...45017678966784

We just confirmed that murderer Glen McCurley, seen in our #Dateline story called “After The Dance” died in a Texas prison yesterday. And unfortunately, he may have taken some crucial secrets to the grave with him.

Old 08-14-2023, 09:20 AM

5,573 posts, read 6,498,880 times
I just watched an episode of Homicide Hunter (about Detective Joe Kenda's cases in Colorado Springs, CO) from 2011 last night (Season 1, episode 2). The case was from 1987, I believe. The killer was sentenced to 46 years but was eligible for parole in 2014. I looked him up afterwards, and lo and behold, he died in prison of cancer in......2014! Couldn't have asked for a better outcome.

In my profile here I have answered the question "Who are your heroes" with several responses, and one of them is "Cold Case Detectives". "In my next life" I would love to come back as one.

Old 08-15-2023, 12:26 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Jon Bonet's dad has been trying to get them to test DNA for a while and they refuse to do it.
I've never heard that.

You do understand he is not without recourse, right?

He can get a Writ of Mandamus or have it tested himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It does seem a little unbelievable that he committed this one incredibly brazen act of kidnapping/homicide and hasn't harmed anyone else.
No, it happens.

Seriously. I'm aware of a few that were actually repulsed by it. Others were so frightened by the prospect of being caught they never did it again. The majority of murders are spontaneous. There's no planning to them. They just happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime