Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2008, 10:19 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Well, that is why I asked the question about why didn't she list the father's name on the birth certificate. As a single young mom on a limited income, one would think she would need some sort of assistance....including WIC, food stamps and insurance. It makes no sense for her not to list the father regardless of the relationship at the time of the birth.
Yes, it makes plenty of sense. She agrees not to list his name, and he agrees to voluntarily make child support payments.

In that way, he doesn't have the police up his ass 24/7.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 11:05 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I've been watching the news and it didn't come across to me that they are protraying Casey as a victim. They play her recordings where she lies over and over again to the police.

Everyone I have spoken to believes Casey killed the poor little child, asked a neighbor for a shovel and buried the child in the backyard, then later moved the body to the back of her car that was later impounded. NOT ONE PERSON, I have spoken to believes that Casey is telling the truth when she says that her child was kidnapped.

I have been having garage sales every weekend, 2-3 days each weekend and its a favorite topic of conversation.
I haven't been watching the local news lately, but I think it was channel 6 that was doing it. They kept playing the 911 call where Casey was calling for help because the group of crazed protesters outside their home had become violent and her parents were outside trying to make them leave. Poor family can't get any sleep. Poor family the cops aren't responding right away. If I feel sorry for anyone if this situation - its their neighbors.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:07 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Yes, it makes plenty of sense. She agrees not to list his name, and he agrees to voluntarily make child support payments.

In that way, he doesn't have the police up his ass 24/7.
I can tell you how it was when I had my daughter in Texas. I was not married to her Father. If you are an unmarried woman having a child, then the Father has to be present and show identification and PUT his name on the birth certificate of his child. If you are married to the Father and he is NOT present at the birth, then his name goes on the certificate because its assumed he is the Father since you are married to him.

If the Father of the child does not want his name on the birth certificate and he is NOT married to the Mother, the Mother would have to petition the court to do a paternity test and PUT his name on the birth certificate.

You can't just walk in and put whatever name you want on the birth certificate. Its entirely posible that Casey doesn't even know who the Father is and then its also posible that whoever it is, doesn't want it known.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:50 PM

Who's going to be responsible for all the money being spent on searching for Caylee once it comes out that Casey killed her?
Quote:
The Orange County Sheriff's Office is shelling out nearly $4,000 a week of taxpayer money to keep demonstrators in check outside the home of missing Caylee Anthony
$4000 a week to protect Anthony Family (http://www.local6.com/news/17593427/detail.html - broken link)

Old 09-30-2008, 10:05 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,851,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I can tell you how it was when I had my daughter in Texas. I was not married to her Father. If you are an unmarried woman having a child, then the Father has to be present and show identification and PUT his name on the birth certificate of his child. If you are married to the Father and he is NOT present at the birth, then his name goes on the certificate because its assumed he is the Father since you are married to him.

If the Father of the child does not want his name on the birth certificate and he is NOT married to the Mother, the Mother would have to petition the court to do a paternity test and PUT his name on the birth certificate.

You can't just walk in and put whatever name you want on the birth certificate. Its entirely posible that Casey doesn't even know who the Father is and then its also posible that whoever it is, doesn't want it known.
Only if her mother doesn't know who the father is, get a life, she may not know much more let him know....I have custody of a granddaughter that we have no desire to pursue her sperm donor right now, but in the case of Casey , the father even if he surfaced, has nothing to say and has nothing to do with the case - this is on the mother and the fight with her parents, took the baby and in my house, she would not have gotten out the door with her....I would not wait a month to question where the baby was, and just a few days if she got out the door, was probably too late....

Old 11-13-2008, 12:58 PM

I know this thread has been dead but now they think they found her body in a local river. Personally, I don't believe it - the mother is still way tooooo calm. No one is going to find that little girl until she tells what she did with her.
Quote:
ORLANDO - The dive team searching the Little Econ River around Blanchard Park in Orange County says they have located a plastic bag with fingers and toes weighted down by brick
Fingers & Toes Found in River (http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7857330&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1 - broken link)

Old 11-13-2008, 06:52 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,828,603 times
I have the shivers reading about this case and a knot in my stomach; I sincerely hope that the police are not the only people looking for this child; and I really hope that this child is found and of course, in one piece. Maybe someone who knew how horrible this child has been raised, opted to take her at least thinking she was helping the child and of course not thinking of the ramifications of that act; certainly that is probably not the case but better that than some alternatives.

As far as a parent not pulling their hair out when their child is missing; a parent gets crazed, runs around the neighborhood, calls the police immediately, and sits by the phone jumping every time the phone rings...

I presume this child is on Amber Alert? If so, and via email/internet, perhaps we can all send her picture around...

This is awful...I think it is probably best that I not express my feelings about what I would probably do to that mom and grandmother.....

Old 11-26-2008, 06:25 PM

403 posts, read 1,580,807 times
Default Caylee Anthony

What do you think about her, do you think that Casey has murdered, or that she's been sold to another couple, or she's alive somewhere, but being held captive?

Personally, I think that her mother (Casey) dumped her somewhere and left her with no food out in the woods. She is a beautiful little girl, and she may not be alive, but you can't tell her grandparents not to deny that she may not be alive. Believe me, I have 5 grandkids, and if one of them were to disappear, I would keep saying that they're not dead. It's just something too terrible to happen, especially to this little girl. Now the grandfather may not be in the media as much because he may not want to get asked a bunch of questions and have the media all over him,which is what's happened to the Cindy and Casey and look at that temper he's had a few times.

The reason why I believe that Casey in responsible of this whole situation is because, she waited a month before she reported her disapperance, and then she went out partying with her friends, and made a up a person, who turned out to be a woman living somewhere else in Florida. And who would want to do something to a little girl that? It makes no sense to me at all. I hope that she's alive and God bless her and her family. -kwflconch

Old 11-26-2008, 07:09 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,707,734 times
I'm not sure how this is considered a "great debate", but I agree, the mother seems guilty as hell and the poor little girl deserved none of it.

*My opinion and it's up to a jury, not Nancy Grace, to decide the truth

Old 11-27-2008, 01:37 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,289,450 times
I don't really give a flying ****
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime