Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 07:16 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,588,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A 12-year-old girl who vanished after being dropped off to meet a friend apparently lied and was actually going to see someone she'd been communicating with online.
Another child lost to an Internet predator! When are these parents going to take the responsibility for the vulnerabilities of their children! And the five blacked robed a-holes on the US Supreme Court recently ruled that the death sentence was "cruel and unusual punishment' for child rapists! The US needs a Constitutional Convention to re-vamp a totally archaic US Constitution that permits persons with s*** for brains to serve on a court, make judicial law, serve until they're totally senile and use the court for a propose that was never intended; legislation from the bench!

FOXNews.com - Missing 12-Year-Old Vermont Girl Apparently Lied and Went to See Person She Met Online - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 07:20 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,510,277 times
VT doesn't have the death penalty anyways, and with our leftist judges and overcrowding prisons, we aren't exactly doing well when it comes to punishing serious criminals...

Old 06-26-2008, 09:44 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,434,073 times
This is why parents need to keep their kids off of sites like MySpace.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:55 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,556,201 times
My daughter had a friend who put her picture on "Hot or Not?". She actually met someone who had seen her photo, and of course, he asked her to have sex with him. I think she was 18 years old at the time. Luckily for her, he took her home without a fuss when she said "no". But that's not the worst part. Her mother knew she was doing this, and she was okay with it!!! Hell would freeze over before I'd ever be okay with my daughter doing something like that! Thank God my daughter has shown more sense than that, anyway. Wow.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:12 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,418,936 times
Sorry, it is not just one sided, one must ask "why is a 12 year old so intent on hooking up?"

The internet predator of course is at fault, but it seems they have no problems finding victims as the "victims" as they are called are going out of there way to seek the predators out.

She is either dead or getting screwed, one of the 2.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:17 PM

k350, these predators are grown men. You think they don't know how to talk to a 12-year-old, flattering her, making her feel like she's almost a woman, etc. etc.? These little girls never have a chance.

Now, if you want to talk about why they have unrestricted internet access, I can agree with that. Luckily, my kids grew up before My Space was so popular. Besides, we only had one computer and it was in the living room where I could see what they were doing online. I don't think it's appropriate for a 12- or 13-year-old to have a computer in their bedroom, for example. But that's just me.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:22 PM

Sorry, these girls are for the most part seeking out older men for a romp in bed.

Unfortuntly the only men that would ever be interested in a girl that age are the very wierd and psycho ones.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:34 PM

At 12 years old?? There's a reason that the age of consent is 18. Very few teenagers are able to make rational, sane decisions about such things - sometimes even after they reach 18. I find it rather offensive that you're blaming the victims. I understand that our M-TV society has over sexualized everything, but a 12-year-old is still a child. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Sorry, these girls are for the most part seeking out older men for a romp in bed.

Unfortuntly the only men that would ever be interested in a girl that age are the very wierd and psycho ones.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:50 PM

Ok, explain the 17 girls that are pregnant at just one school in MA.

I am not blaming the victim, the adult of course ultimatly responsible. But the victim did play a vital role in her victim hood as she allowed free access to ehrself.

She went out of her way to go meet this person, this eprson did not randomly drive by and kidnap her. She sought out and lied fully knowing what she was doing.

It does not matter what you say about teens making rational decisions or not, point is they seek out and committ the decision they decided to make, just like the 17 girls that got pregnant at one school.

Its sort of like walking in detroit at night with a bunch of money in your hand and yelling real loud to everyone that you have lots of money on you then acting all surprised you got robbed.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:56 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,448,201 times
I don't think a 12 year old knows what she is getting into.
Its one thing for a teenager to have sex with someone their own age and of similar maturity but a child having sex with an adult is totally different. I don't buy for a moment that this 12 year old was looking for a roll in the hay.

She thought this guy would love and cherish her, maybe she wasn't getting it at home. He probably told her that the physical part was a wonderful confirmation of their so called love.

Has no one heard of babysitting software on computers now a days??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime