Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 11:33 AM

631 posts, read 1,886,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
So? It's not like it's bothering her to be in a box in a funeral home. It's not like she's got a spirit that will wander lost in the ether until her physical body is buried. I don't understand the obsession with let's bury him/her quickly so they can "rest". She's dead. She doesn't feel, hear, see, sense, or know anything anymore.

Its disrespectful of this innocent child who was brutally murdered to keep her laying around like she was nothing. Everyone, especially the innocents, deserve to be put into their final resting place with dignity. Its not just a pile of bones...her body was the vessel for her little soul and this family is showing how much disrespect for life they truely have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 11:45 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,921,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_eyedgirl View Post
Its disrespectful of this innocent child who was brutally murdered to keep her laying around like she was nothing.
Everyone, especially the innocents, deserve to be put into their final resting place with dignity. Its not just a pile of bones...her body was the vessel for her little soul and this family is showing how much disrespect for life they truely have.
You really think the people that had a hand in killing her care one whit for respect?

I still stand by my position, that it's a non-issue. It's just a body, and it's not like it's still lying out in the woods somewhere, and the morgue isn't using it for a hat rack or a paperweight.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:10 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,553,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
You really think the people that had a hand in killing her care one whit for respect?

I still stand by my position, that it's a non-issue. It's just a body, and it's not like it's still lying out in the woods somewhere, and the morgue isn't using it for a hat rack or a paperweight.
I am sure Caylee has a few more family members then the immediate ones who had a hand in her death. Cousins, aunts, uncles, neighbors, family friends etc etc. Caylee deserves to be laid to rest properly. She has spent months laying in a shallow grave in a garbage bag for crying out loud...like a piece of trash. People who love and care for this child need some closure. She at least deserves the proper burial/service and the people who loved her need to oppurtunity to say their goodbye's to her.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:28 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,808 times
What a sad way to think about this child. She doesn't feel, hear so I guess she should have stayed in a bag. Besides the family there are many in that area alone who worked soo long to try and find this child. I guess in some ways you are right but I'm not sure even in other countries or faiths that people don't show respect for the ones they lost. It drove me nuts that my Mother didn't have a grave stone for a few months after her death. I wanted people to know she was there and I wanted them to see her name. I also knew she would want that stone. It is time to stop picking the child apart for test and evidence and let her be.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:03 PM

617 posts, read 2,073,118 times
It seems to me that Caylee is being treated with more respect and concern now than she was since she first disappeared. At least half of those examining her body for evidence (the prosecution) are trying to give her justice. The other half, Casey's defense team, are a necessary evil, so to speak.

Also, Caylee is not her body. You are not your body. The body is simply a container for You. It simply the form that You take right now. If you believe in any kind of life after death, then surely you must realize that the condition of the body has no bearing on the Life.

IMO, of course.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:26 PM

10,024 posts, read 15,671,828 times
I hate to stick up for the grandparents, based on how I feel about their actions, but it might be that Casey's lawyer has told them not to schedule the funeral yet. They have hired several forensic experts and I believe not all of them were there for the 2nd autopsy. I know they are going to get pictures soon, but one or two of them might request to actually see the body.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:25 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Quote:
The Jacksonville promotions company that announced plans Monday to sell a doll inspired by Caylee Marie Anthony is now suspending its launch.
picture of doll and article at
OrlandoSentinel.com - Orlando Florida breaking news, sports, entertainment, weather, traffic and more -- OrlandoSentinel.com

This happened right after the grandfather tried to commit suicide this past weekend.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:21 PM

The lawyer for the Grandfather said that he is getting mad that the body hasn't been released yet. Although I don't know why I heard they both sides did what they needed to. I think giving this child rest will allow them to at least move on to the next level. At least the funeral will give them the feeling of doing something for the child and showing her respect. They have a long way to go with this as I dount that the trail of Cassie will be anytime soon

Old 02-05-2009, 07:59 PM

The lawyer for the Grandparents was just on Larry King and he said that a memorial service that is open to the public is this Tuesday at 10:00 am in Florida

Old 02-07-2009, 11:07 AM

Well to anyone watching this Memorial Service is like a block from the jail. I guess they will keep out those who they don't want in. The Bounty Hunter last night said he wouldn't be allowed in. Cindy the Granfmother said she would stand at the door and keep him out. Guess when he was springing her nutty daughter that was different. I'm sorry but after seeing this I really think that the Grandmother Cindy is a real problem. Not that she hurt the child but that she controls the family. Also last night I heard on Nancy Grace that Cassie lawyer was on Today Show and said her case is like THE moVIE THE Fugitive and made a reference to 9-11 and Bin Laden about the both cases. I kind of wish Nancy Grace would back away from this for awhile. She starts every show saying the Two year old Tot. By the time this case gets heard the child would have been like 5. She was 3 last Summer. Anyway if there is something to report great otherwise go to another story. It makes me sick that Cassie has people sending her money to buy stuff she has like over 400.00 and that her lawyer is trying to sell pictures of Cassie and Calylee to news people to pay for her defense. I have a feeling we will see big names at this Memorial. I heard Cindy won;t say it seem like this may be about Cindy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime