Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 06:03 PM

805 posts, read 1,510,438 times

Advertisements

Yet when it's all over, Amanda will get out of prison, do a book deal, a TV series, and make millions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 06:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
do yuo think she did it ?

Evidently an Itallian jury thought she did it.

I'm quite sure if an Itallian girl got found guilty of a crime in the US, many Itallians would say she was innocent also.

She will be free at about age 50.
Still lots of her life ahead of her. Hope she has changed by then.

That's the thing I was wondering: what are the chances she'll be released early on appeal? The way I see it, she's got 2 things going for her: 1) she's American, 2) she's female. I think American diplomatic pressure and public sympathy will set her free eventually. She's not going to stay in prison long, not with those two ace cards. I say she'll serve at most only a few years before she's deported.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:20 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,393,569 times
Default She absolutely did it

What a beautiful young lady that Amanda is. She's got the preferred skin color (white), angelic face, the preferred eye color (blue). She was an exchange student in Italy, so she was privileged as well. Probably had an enormous sense of entitlement too. She probably felt she was invincible. Naturally, this society is going to give her the utmost consideration. If she looked like Michelle Obama, I don't think her case would grab headlines and people here wouldn't care what happened to her, assuming that she was probably guilty.

I say given that she was so privileged and that the Italian authorities knew that she would command great exposure from her home country, they THOROUGHLY investigated this case and made sure she committed that crime. So I say absolutely, she deserves whatever punishment she gets for taking that girl's life.

Amanda Knox is a low life with an angelic face, and as far as I'm concerned, she should spend the rest of her life behind bars.

Last edited by LexusNexus; 12-04-2009 at 07:04 PM..

Old 12-04-2009, 06:22 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
Americans say she didn't do it, Italians say she did....it all depends on what your sources are. What do you think?

Her parents are moving to Italy to appeal. Here's a link to what happened:

Murder of Meredith Kercher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Whoops, I didn't know this was already posted...but I can't delete it. Sorry!
I honestly don't know enough about the case to make an informed opinion. I just hope that others can learn from her experience. She'll probably be in an episode of Locked up Abroad.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:25 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,949,776 times
Default agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
From what I've seen in the press, there would have been enough for reasonable doubt for me.
What was her motif? It was never established? The most I got was her drug and bedroom habits.

The scenerio the prosector describes makes no sense. Allegedly:

1. Knox, Sollecito and Guede met at Know's apartment to settle some drug issues with Guede. Read drug as hash. They were possibly buying some hash... Reefer Madness.

2. Kercher and Knox started arguing which turns into a cat fight.

3. The two guys then jump in. (why?)

4. Next thing you know, one guy is holding Kercher down, the other is fondling her while Knox threatens her with a knife. (so fishy, it doesn't add up for me)

5. Three people kill her from behind while forcing her to her knees before delivering the killing stab.

Why, why, why? Knox had some crazy manga vampire fetish. Serious, that was brought up in the court room. Manga Vampire Fetish. And group sex, it was an orgy that got out of control - that sounds so rediculous.

The evidence presented was a knife with the victims DNA on the blade. What additionally doesn't make sense in this thing, is that the knife didn't match the shapes and size of the victim's wounds. And it did not match a bloody imprint of the murder weapon that was left on the sheets at the scene.

The investigation was so bumbled that Knox tested positive of HIV twice. And no she is not positive.

It's tough to say for sure.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:29 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
What a beautiful young lady that Amanda is. She''s got the preferred skin color (white), angelic face, the preferred eye color (blue). She was an exchange student in Italy, so she was privileged as well. Probably had an enormous sense of entitlement too. She probably felt she was invincible. Naturally, this society is going to give her the utmost consideration. If she looked like Michelle Obama, I don't think her case would grab headlines and people here wouldn't care what happened to her, assuming that she was probably guilty.

I say given that she was so privileged and that the Italian authorities knew that she would command great exposure from her home country, they THOROUGHLY investigated this case and made sure she committed that crime. So I say absolutely, she deserves whatever punishment she gets for taking that girl's life.

Amanda Knox is a low life with an angelic face, and as far as I'm concerned, she should spend the rest of her life behind bars.
All you left out was white devil... well that and any evidence that made you think she was guilty. Based on your post, and that's all I can go by, she was white so she's guilty.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:31 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,887,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
What was her motif? It was never established? The most I got was her drug and bedroom habits.

The scenerio the prosector describes makes no sense. Allegedly:

1. Knox, Sollecito and Guede met at Know's apartment to settle some drug issues with Guede. Read drug as hash. They were possibly buying some hash... Reefer Madness.

2. Kercher and Knox started arguing which turns into a cat fight.

3. The two guys then jump in. (why?)

4. Next thing you know, one guy is holding Kercher down, the other is fondling her while Knox threatens her with a knife. (so fishy, it doesn't add up for me)

5. Three people kill her from behind while forcing her to her knees before delivering the killing stab.

Why, why, why? Knox had some crazy manga vampire fetish. Serious, that was brought up in the court room. Manga Vampire Fetish. And group sex, it was an orgy that got out of control - that sounds so rediculous.

The evidence presented was a knife with the victims DNA on the blade. What additionally doesn't make sense in this thing, is that the knife didn't match the shapes and size of the victim's wounds. And it did not match a bloody imprint of the murder weapon that was left on the sheets at the scene.

The investigation was so bumbled that Knox tested positive of HIV twice. And no she is not positive.

It's tough to say for sure.
She's guilty. The prosecution's speculation makes perfect sense once you know a little bit about Amanda's background and her personal habits.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:35 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,874,957 times
Compared to the US system? The same one that let OJ walk...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The Italian justice system is a joke, from what I've seen in the press. Of course, I don't have first hand knowledge. Also, I wasn't on the Jury, and I didn't hear all of the facts.

What I've seen and heard from the press would cast a shadow of doubt for me.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:35 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
All you left out was white devil... well that and any evidence that made you think she was guilty. Based on your post, and that's all I can go by, she was white so she's guilty.

Yeah this is getting kind of creepy reading these posts, I don't know if she is guilty or not but from admitted limited reading on the topic and viewing the news tonight. It seems much less clear cut than some posting here suggest. It seems some of these folks are biased against her for some reason, I wonder if the jury was made up of like minded folks?

Old 12-04-2009, 06:41 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I have been following this story since day one and this verdict made me so HAPPPPPY! Yay!!! She's a narcissistic little SOCIOPATH and she deserves to sit her rear end in a foreign prison for the rest of her life.

Anyone who turns cartwheels and slobbers all over her boyfriend in front of an audience just moments after learning that her roommate has been raped and brutally knifed to death is GUILTY (as well as a sociopath). Her parents must be so proud . . .

Her diaries were full of weird violent stuff and she wrote short stories that were also sexually violent and macabre. Sorry, just not normal in my view. It all adds up.

Given that Europe is so soft on crime in general, I suspect anti-American sentiment played into this verdict but that's okay -- in this instance, the end result was that justice was done.

I can only imagine the utter horror her poor roommate had to endure and hope parents will take more care in where they send their children and to whom they entrust them. It makes me sick that there are Americans standing behind this sociopath just because she's American. BS -- she is guilty as charged and I don't accept her as a countryman.
I'm going to hazard as guess that a majority of us agree with you (I do 100%) but the "She is innocent because she is American" crowd does exist.

I wonder how many years she will be forced to serve in Italy before her parents wrangle her into some medium security U.S. prison near her home?

I hope no one forgets how she acted and how little remorse she has shown. That could mean she will at least be in her thirties before she knows freedom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime