Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2009, 07:55 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,424,829 times

Advertisements

Read the Monster of Florence. The main prosecutor is mentally ill. He believes that everything is some sort of sexual cult. This girl is most likely innocent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 07:56 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
How can anyone take you folks serious when you can't even, correctly, recall the actual sentence. It's only been posted in here at least twice now....

Yeah I thought the same thing. It is really weird how against this girl some folks are when they don't even know the basic facts. And this is coming from someone who is uncertain about her innocence.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:03 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
After watching the show, "Locked Up Abroad", I think it should be required viewing for everyone under the age of 35 or 40 who plans on traveling outside the country. Here's what I learned from watching the show:
  1. don't buy, sell, or use illegal drugs
  2. don't get romantically involved with someone especially if illegal drugs are involved.
  3. don't act like the laws don't apply to you cause you'll just get someone very angry with you.
Had she obeyed the above three rules then she'd probably be at home in Seattle right now.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:15 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,362,151 times
She was very abnormal as a person, and so was her boyfriend. Normal human beings wouldn't be dancing, smiling, having parties, etc. just a day after a roommate gets murdered. I'd be shaken up a bit and be assisting law enforcement. Much less do somersaults, which is what she was doing. There's no alibi for them, and their own accounts changed frequently. The drifter who was with them fled to Germany and his DNA was found inside of Kercher.

The actions of that drifter make me suspicious. If he had no hand in the murder, he wouldn't have fled. Furthermore, if they were innocent of the murder, they wouldn't have waited to report it, much less walk all over the crime scene. All three of their footprints were found in the pool of blood and in footprints in the apartment and outside. That tells me that Knox and her bf and that drifter all went outside after walking through the blood, but before calling police. That tells me thus, that they probably were panicking that their little drug induced sex party went horribly wrong and panicked.

This whole thing sounds like the three were having sex games and Kercher walked in on them. They panicked (since most BDSM people like their privacy during their "acts") and forcefully grabbed her. Then, while under the influence of drugs (they had easy access to drugs via the parking lot across from their apartment) and not thinking straight, continued with the "game" against Kercher's will, when things got out of hand, Kercher probably resisted or tried to get away, which startled Knox who then accidentally stabbed her too deeply.

The story about her being the "naive American student" is no more accurate than the British press' picture of "Foxy Knoxy". I know that my family doesn't know details about my sex life, or much of my personal life, and nor do I want them to.

She's guilty, and so is her bf and that drifter roommate. It's unfortunate that details of Knox's and Sollecito's sex lives got out in the media, and it is further unfortunate that the jury wasn't sequestered from media contact, but to me there really isn't any doubt.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:19 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Yes, she did it. She's going to be very popular in prison. Just imagine how the female inmates will treat her.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:20 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,867,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Yes, she did it.
You probably didn't even follow the case.

I've been to Italy many times, and I gotta say that they really are infamous for chaos. There's chaos everywhere, not just in the court room. TRjhere was almost no evidence at all. I really thought they would find her not guilty. However, tyhey jsut said on CNN that they usually change the verdict after the appeal.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:25 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
After watching the show, "Locked Up Abroad", I think it should be required viewing for everyone under the age of 35 or 40 who plans on traveling outside the country. Here's what I learned from watching the show:
  1. don't buy, sell, or use illegal drugs
  2. don't get romantically involved with someone especially if illegal drugs are involved.
  3. don't act like the laws don't apply to you cause you'll just get someone very angry with you.
Had she obeyed the above three rules then she'd probably be at home in Seattle right now.
There is a movie for that. It is called "Midnight Express" and it scared the hell out of lots of Americans of my generation.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:29 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Italy's infamous kangaroo court justice strikes again. Did anybody doubt Knox would be convincted on the flimsiest of evidence due in large part to the fact that she's American? She wasn't given a fair trial at all, the jurors were never sequestered and the media frenzy disparaging her reputation was non-stop. The Italians basically called her an American sluut and convicted her on that alone, no evidence to support that she murdered anyone.

I truly don't understand why some people believe Europe is superior to the US. In the US, even a terrorist gets a fair trial. In Europe it's like living in medieval times, "That American wh*re had sex with her Italian boyfriend, she's guilty of murder burn her at the stake!"

Old 12-04-2009, 08:36 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Going by some of the post in here these young folks were the most thorough, inconsistent, sex craved, drug induced, opportunist, reactionaries around.

I don't know about Italian courts but reasonable doubt is overwhelming, even in the face of perceived circumstantial evidence.

Plus, I don't ever want to see any of these folks, in this thread, be proponents of decriminalization of drugs laws since they apparently played a huge role in an inability to comprehend right from wrong....

Old 12-04-2009, 08:38 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,637,967 times
Quote:
In the US, even a terrorist gets a fair trial.
Actually, terrorists would get fairer trials than most, due to the publicity. But unfortunately, we in the US have little room to gloat when it comes to the integrity of our justice system...

Innocence Project Case Profiles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime