Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 07:16 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,216,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
I don't know if I'd call him a serial killer particularly, but there's also Wesley Dodd who molested and brutally killed children.
Yeah, he's on the link I posted...there's some real prize individuals on that list.

And like Clark Fork Fantast said, the area does seem to attract more than it's share. It breaks my heart as it is a beautiful area with a lot of great people.
I've heard some speculate it's because it is an area where you can truly be alone and be left alone and have a whoooooole lot of empty to do...whatever. And that seems to attract some of the wrong folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 07:36 PM

731 posts, read 1,583,565 times
The only one I can think of is the truck driver who was 28 years old. He admitted to the murders of over 12 women in several states. His name was John Williams.
We have a lot of different murders though.
I guess Tim McVeigh is considered a mass murder, not a serial.
I live in the same town as the lady who kidnapped and cut open a pregnant lady and took her baby.
The post office massacre in Edmond, Oklahoma whose name was Pat Sherrill. He killed 14 people in the post office before killing himself

I read several books about serial killers, Jerry Brudos, Green River Killer, Ted Bundy story, et. al.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:11 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,542,173 times
Joseph Roy "Tiny" Metheny-killed 7, 5 in one day-convicted of killing two prostitutes, cutting them up, fed them to the public by mixing their remains into his pit beef where he owned a side road stand. Baltimore, MD.

His sentence was death but overturned to LWOP when they could not prove he "robbed them" by taking money from the dead girls. He sits @ Western Maryland Correctional facility in Cumberland, Maryland.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:52 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,266,930 times
I can only come up with one name from here in Mass....Albert deSalvo aka The Boston Strangler.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:51 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,122,537 times
Default Prolific serial killers out of your home state

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Jerome Brudos, serial sex killer in the 60's, of Salem, Oregon. Ann Rule wrote a very good book about him. He was a sick bastard but I wouldn't call him insane ~ just evil, knew exactly what he was doing.

Ward Weaver of Portland murdered two teenage girls earlier in the decade, and either raped or tried to rape his son's girlfriend.

The Greenriver Killer (Gary Ridgway), murdered around 50 women from Portland to Seattle; however, I can't remember if he was actually an Oregonian. I assume he had to at least live here awhile.

Ted Bundy.
When I attended Oregon State Police Acadamy in the early 70's Jerome Brudos case was one of the cases we studied in detail. We learned how the evidence was collected and how it pointed to him. Very interesting case. He played cat and mouse games with the investigators and thought he was too smart to get caught. He did some gruesome things to his victims. Makes me shudder to even think about it. That is just one of the reasons I beleive in a CCW.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:26 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,266,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
When I attended Oregon State Police Acadamy in the early 70's Jerome Brudos case was one of the cases we studied in detail. We learned how the evidence was collected and how it pointed to him. Very interesting case. He played cat and mouse games with the investigators and thought he was too smart to get caught. He did some gruesome things to his victims. Makes me shudder to even think about it. That is just one of the reasons I beleive in a CCW.

What is a CCW?

Old 06-11-2010, 10:15 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,779,273 times
BTK-Wichita

Old 06-11-2010, 10:57 AM

3,569 posts, read 7,224,875 times
Gacy

Old 06-11-2010, 11:00 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,542,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
Gacy
I know the then teenage neighbor who babysat Gacy's kids, she lived next door. Both houses are since gone, new houses/development have replaced them.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:05 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,216,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
What is a CCW?
Concealed Carry Weapon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime