Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 02:54 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
Concealed Carry Weapon.

TY, skinem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 04:08 PM

33,531 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Like any other country in the world, Canada has its own dark secrets and has produced its fair share of sick serial killers but how many of you have heard about them?

Robert Picton

Clifford Olson

Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka

Marc Lepine

John Martin Crawford

Michael Wayne McGray

William Patrick Fyfe

Alan Legere

Canada’s Top 10 Serial Killers | Socyberty

Old 06-11-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Like any other country in the world, Canada has its own dark secrets and has produced its fair share of sick serial killers but how many of you have heard about them?

Robert Picton

Clifford Olson

Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka

Marc Lepine

John Martin Crawford

Michael Wayne McGray

William Patrick Fyfe

Alan Legere

Canada’s Top 10 Serial Killers | Socyberty

None of them except Picton and that was only because I talk with Canadians and it was the basis of a CSI episode. Do you hear about all our serial killers up there in Canada? If you do, I wonder why you get our stories but we don't get yours? Maybe we have more news and canadian stories don't fit into the alotted time?

Old 06-11-2010, 08:03 PM

Yeah, we get them all, but then I\we have dozens of American channels on cable...Three of those Canadian serial killers I'd never heard of before either...It seem like the news prefers the racier, or more outrageous stories.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:55 PM

Another serial killer was sentenced to life here in BC today.

A B.C. man was convicted Friday of murdering four people, including his wife and stepdaughter, for financial gain, and the judge in the case told him he was a “predator” who should never be allowed out of prison.
A jury found Charles Kembo guilty on four counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of his wife, girlfriend, stepdaughter and a business partner. They were all killed one at a time between December 2002 and July 2005.
'Predator' Kembo guilty, sentenced to life - The Globe and Mail

Old 06-12-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Another serial killer was sentenced to life here in BC today.

A B.C. man was convicted Friday of murdering four people, including his wife and stepdaughter, for financial gain, and the judge in the case told him he was a “predator” who should never be allowed out of prison.
A jury found Charles Kembo guilty on four counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of his wife, girlfriend, stepdaughter and a business partner. They were all killed one at a time between December 2002 and July 2005.
'Predator' Kembo guilty, sentenced to life - The Globe and Mail

I was really surprised to see the drawing of Mr. Kembo when I first clicked on your link, sanspeur. Not many people of color I can recall turn out to be serial killers. Wayne Williams is the only other I can recall. (Atlanta young boys killer) Serial killing seems to be the white person's domain for some reason, IMO.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:59 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,188,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I was really surprised to see the drawing of Mr. Kembo when I first clicked on your link, sanspeur. Not many people of color I can recall turn out to be serial killers. Wayne Williams is the only other I can recall. (Atlanta young boys killer) Serial killing seems to be the white person's domain for some reason, IMO.
Yeah, it does seem to be more of a white boy thing...but, there's more white boys...and probably greater media coverage.

Don't forget John Lee Malvo and his accomplice (forget his name)...

Old 06-12-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
Yeah, it does seem to be more of a white boy thing...but, there's more white boys...and probably greater media coverage.

Don't forget John Lee Malvo and his accomplice (forget his name)...

Ah, yes, I remember them now. The DC area? IDK, there are getting to be so many of them, I can't remember all the names or monickers that get tagged on them. Was he the one who was killing people setting up the scenario for him to kill the ex-wife (wife?)?

Last edited by tamiznluv; 06-12-2010 at 05:54 PM..

Old 06-12-2010, 05:54 PM

I clicked on a link someone provided and clicked on a link from there to another True Crime. That was a little before 1p.m. my time and I have just stopped (not finished) reading that site! Talk about "Lost in ( cyber)Space" It's almost 8p.m.! I will provide the link here and if you get "lost" reading, tell me what you think.

The Official Site of the Villisca Axe Murders of 1912 (http://www.villiscaiowa.com/index.html - broken link)

Even though it's "ancient history", I found it quite compelling to continue to read.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:56 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,081,691 times
The only ones I can think of are Gwen Graham and Cathy Wood, two nursing home aide workers from Grand Rapids, MI who murdered some of their patients back in the '80's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime