Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 11:23 AM

1,404 posts, read 5,701,083 times

Advertisements

Sprint may give you good reception, but good luck on dealing with their crappy customer service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 11:59 AM

10 posts, read 82,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Nana View Post
I have friends that have Sprint and swear by it!
Sprint is great if you live in a populated area, but if you go outside a city, you might as well use a tin can with a piece of string to make your phone call 'cuz it's not going anywhere.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:27 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mquintana View Post
Sprint may give you good reception, but good luck on dealing with their crappy customer service.
LOL @ mquintana!

You're right on, their Customer Service does leave a little to be desired but, sadly, no better or worse than the others.

In the last six plus years, thankfully, due to their better than average service and reception with no dropped calls whatsoever, the necessity for me to call Customer Service can be counted on one hand with fingers to spare!

Definitely, better to have the excellent service with no calls to Customer Service.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:42 PM

10 posts, read 82,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
LOL @ mquintana!

You're right on, their Customer Service does leave a little to be desired but, sadly, no better or worse than the others.

In the last six plus years, thankfully, due to their better than average service and reception with no dropped calls whatsoever, the necessity for me to call Customer Service can be counted on one hand with fingers to spare!

Definitely, better to have the excellent service with no calls to Customer Service.
Luckily, I haven't had to deal with Sprint's CS department very often, except for a few minor billing details which I've had to jump through hoops to fix. Interestingly, if I call them during peak hours, like during the day on a weekend, I'm transferred to someone in India who sounds like they're reading from a script, but if I call at odd hours, like early in the morning (6:00-7:00 a.m.), I usually speak with someone who clearly understands what I'm talking about and helps me right away. They must be outsourcing the bulk of their calls.

And for some of the trouble I've had with Sprint, nobody has even come close to the utter ineptitude of the people at freecreditreport.com. They might as well replace their reps with robots, because they'd do a better a job. I had to ask the same question no less than six times to cancel an account I didn't even want in the first place.

Anyway, before I get too far off-topic, I'm going to have to look into these Alltel recommendations and perhaps switch over (that is, when my Sprint contract runs out so I don't have to pay the bogus $150 early termination fee).

Old 11-08-2007, 08:29 AM

6 posts, read 73,272 times
I am new to Arizona also (Tucson) and am looking for a good but cheap cell phone company. The people I have talked to told me to go with Cricket. Does anyone have any comments on that company?

Old 11-08-2007, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
LOL @ mquintana!

Yea, the downfall is they overcharge me and I get dropped calls all the time! I live in Tampa, Fl. Give me a break! Plus there are always spots I am on roaming. But nothing could ever be fixed-all you do is talk to a freakin' computer everytime you try to call customer service. but supposedly they have the best service. Sprint can kiss my butt!

Old 11-08-2007, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat2004 View Post
Luckily, I haven't had to deal with Sprint's CS department very often, except for a few minor billing details which I've had to jump through hoops to fix. Interestingly, if I call them during peak hours, like during the day on a weekend, I'm transferred to someone in India who sounds like they're reading from a script, but if I call at odd hours, like early in the morning (6:00-7:00 a.m.), I usually speak with someone who clearly understands what I'm talking about and helps me right away. They must be outsourcing the bulk of their calls.

And for some of the trouble I've had with Sprint, nobody has even come close to the utter ineptitude of the people at freecreditreport.com. They might as well replace their reps with robots, because they'd do a better a job. I had to ask the same question no less than six times to cancel an account I didn't even want in the first place.

Anyway, before I get too far off-topic, I'm going to have to look into these Alltel recommendations and perhaps switch over (that is, when my Sprint contract runs out so I don't have to pay the bogus $150 early termination fee).
Yea, they did that to me too, added a 3rd line without my permission or knowledge! It took me forever to get it off, but I was charged regardless and then called a liar about a credit that was offered to me. Even after reporting them to the FTC, FCC, and BBB, it did nothing. I emailed them in regards to cancelling my contract. My friend transfered her number and they cancelled her contract for only $100 fee. they told me they can't do that to me because of some sort of credit I got for renewing. I didn't even renew! And the only credit I got was the $75 bullcrap instant rebate (they have the crappiest upgrade deals) and a $25 inconvienece credit for all the crap they put me through. Sprint is ridiculous and I wish I could throw my crappy sprint phone at them!

Old 11-13-2007, 07:23 AM

104 posts, read 319,610 times
Cingular/AT&T is horrible here unless you live on campus.
I switched to Verizon about 3 days ago and whew... much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson